GB HOMEPAGE

Egypt 1156

Posted By: MaryW

Egypt 1156 - 02/10/03 08:52 PM

I am having a great deal of trouble trying to get into Tschai's house. The old man is sitting outside the door. I have already had a conversation with him when I was looking for Hori's house. I know I'm supposed to get a peg from over the door but I cannot access it. The fist icon does not appear. Have I left something out or done things in the wrong order? I have found the 1st two clues. {lease helps me.
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Egypt 1156 - 02/10/03 09:12 PM

Mary, have you talked to Penmenefer, given him the parchment about the 7 knot necklace, and shown him the urn from your inventory...

Re: Egypt 1156 - 02/10/03 09:17 PM

Yes. Now what?
Posted By: MaG

Re: Egypt 1156 - 02/10/03 09:28 PM

While in Hori's house did you put together a necklace that was in a basket? This will implicate Hori further.

MaG
Posted By: Witchen

Re: Egypt 1156 - 02/10/03 10:23 PM

Hi Mary........We've talk about this in the past until "the cows came home." smile But, we have never been able to nail down, or agree to as a fact, what the trigger is that moves that old guy out of the way. Mag is right about going back to Hori's house and making sure you have accomplished everything there. Jenny is right about Penmenefer also, of course. You might try going back to the Administrator at the entrance to the city and try talking to him again. One more thing you must do is knock on every door in the city and get a response, where someone is behind it to respond.

Love, Witchen =O) smile

Re: Egypt 1156 - 02/11/03 01:08 AM

I have donr all tbhat I was supposed to do. However, I will talk to the administrator again. I will also knock on all dors. Hope it works because I don't really want to start all over again.

Re: Egypt 1156 - 02/11/03 01:42 AM

Yeah!!!! It worked. I talked to the administrator again and knocked on more doors. When I returned, the old man was gone and I was able to open the door. Of course, I was lost and wandered around that wretched town for a while. Thanks for all your help.

Re: Egypt 1156 - 02/11/03 01:53 PM

Oh,Oh!! I blew it. Didn't realize that I had to click the parchment onto the clues, so have had to start all over again. Ratsafratz!!!
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Egypt 1156 - 02/11/03 05:36 PM

Oh DRAT!!!! Sorry about that, Mary--this game is incredibly picky about those parchment clues. If you miss one you can't go back to get it and can't finish either. I don't think that is playing fair in an adventure game--shouldn't be any complete dead ends...
© 2024 GameBoomers Community