GB HOMEPAGE

Sydney Mystery - sorry to say, stuck again!

Posted By: nolalou

Sydney Mystery - sorry to say, stuck again! - 04/22/03 11:51 PM

I hate when this happens in a so-called 'easy' game, but I'm stuck again! wink

I need two items that I have no idea how to find. I'd say I've looked everywhere, but obviously I havn't or I woudn't be asking, now would I?

I need something to prove to the CEO of the Exa corp that I am who I say I am. I looked at the uncles house and 'my' house for a photo or something, but so far nada.

I need a green shirt before Jesica Doe will talk to me. (for the life of me I can't figure out WHY I need to be wearing green, since I can barly make out what Jessica is saying with the bad background noise during that scene! (I sure hope they put subtitles in the next game, cuz this one could sure use them!)

I also have not been able to unlock the desk drawer at the uncles house. Do I need to do that somehow?
Thanks
Louis
Posted By: MaG

Re: Sydney Mystery - sorry to say, stuck again! - 04/23/03 12:02 AM

Hi Louis,

Have you shown the Exa Copr business card to Dame Gertrude?

Have you noticed that the beachman is wearing a green shirt?

Is the drawer at Uncle's house you're asking - the safe? If so Yes you need to open that.

wave MaG
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Sydney Mystery - sorry to say, stuck again! - 04/23/03 12:20 AM

Since the guy is your uncle maybe there is a picture of the two of you in the uncles house.Try the hallway. I could not open the desk drawer in the uncle house, the safe, looked like it was on an old dresser not a desk.
Posted By: satch

Re: Sydney Mystery - sorry to say, stuck again! - 04/23/03 12:29 AM

To get the picture you will need the screw driver. Hope you picked it out of the gutter.

Don't feel bad, I also got stuck a few times in this "easy" game, but I really enjoyed it. No mazes. That rates an A from me right there.
Posted By: nolalou

Re: Sydney Mystery - sorry to say, stuck again! - 04/23/03 02:33 AM

Thanks for the hints! I never even noticed that photo in the hall!

Now I need a way to sharpen that blunt pencil! Anybody seen a knife anywhere???

Louis

P.S. Did we get ANY useful info from Jessica Doe? Boy is she hard to hear, the sound it that part of the game is terrible!
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Sydney Mystery - sorry to say, stuck again! - 04/23/03 02:40 AM

Ever sharpened a pencil by rubbing it on concrete, Louis?

And the idea of that sound business with Jessica was that the wind was blowing so hard--but I think they definitely overdid it, especially in the absence of subtitles!!! The main piece of information you got from her was that you needed to be wearing green shirt and pants...
Posted By: Brendan R

Re: Sydney Mystery - sorry to say, stuck again! - 04/23/03 05:07 AM

The point is definitely taken on the wind!! smile

That said, it was not added afterward.. the wind was definitely that noisy when we were at the location. The wind was so strong, in fact, that we could barely stand up, and had to lean into it just to walk.

Trivia buffs might also be interested to know that the location was only a few meters away from the location in which the girl nearly dived from the cliff near the end of the film Mission Impossible II!
Posted By: Ellie

Re: Sydney Mystery - sorry to say, stuck again! - 04/23/03 03:42 PM

Also stuck. It's that darn pencil. I've come to the point where it's needed and I have retraced my steps and can not find anything to sharpen it on. O.K., it's supposed to be concrete but I havn't found it. I need a better hint or spoiler!
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Sydney Mystery - sorry to say, stuck again! - 04/23/03 04:07 PM

Ellie, remember that bench where you found the gum under the seat? Check out the concrete pillar to the left of the steps going down to that area...
Posted By: Ellie

Re: Sydney Mystery - sorry to say, stuck again! - 04/23/03 06:15 PM

Thanks Jenny - I would never have found it without help! Ready to start act3.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community