GB HOMEPAGE

URU-To D'ni--Classroom Marker

Posted By: rabosr

URU-To D'ni--Classroom Marker - 04/13/04 07:57 PM

How do I get to the top of the classroom? Walkthrough says to link to rooftop from Eder Gira. It says the link is behind the rotating obelisk. Where is that!
Thanks
Ray
Posted By: Jenny

Re: URU-To D'ni--Classroom Marker - 04/13/04 09:18 PM

Ray, go to the waterfall in Eder Kimo and you will see a linking stone on a rock--that will take you to the balcony over the classroom...

Re: URU-To D'ni--Classroom Marker - 04/13/04 09:24 PM

Got that far but couldn't get to the classroom from there. Nor could I see the KI showing a marker. Tried to jump out window onto the roof but no luck.
Posted By: OAP

Re: URU-To D'ni--Classroom Marker - 04/13/04 10:41 PM

The rotating obelisk is in the Garden Age, laid back on the right side some way along the main path as you arrive from the Desert. I missed this when playing Prime, it was a nice surprise.

Re: URU-To D'ni--Classroom Marker - 04/13/04 11:21 PM

I don't have a Garder Age list in my walkthrough.
Does it go by another name also?
Posted By: Jenny

Re: URU-To D'ni--Classroom Marker - 04/13/04 11:48 PM

Ray, I just replayed this part, which wasn't easy to do, as my computer is having a meltdown. I discovered that there were a couple of possible reasons why you couldn't find the markers.

When you collected the first one, did you go back to Great Zero and stick your KI back into the machine on the far left? If you did, then the button which was previously blinking would turn off--that means you are done with that marker. Now put your KI into the other machine on the left side and click the blue button. This will enable you to collect the second marker, which you can reach through the Brown City book--it's in the page just before the one with the art gallery in it. When you link through, you should see the red marker immediately. After you collect this one, go back to Great Zero and put your KI back into the second machine on the left--again, the blue button should stop flashing.

Now go over to the right hand side and put your KI into the first machine. When you click the blue button, this should allow you to pick up the marker that you get from the stone in Eder Kimo...
Posted By: Aussiemystic

Re: URU-To D'ni--Classroom Marker - 04/14/04 12:01 AM

I think there's some confusion here.

To get the marker on the roof of the classroom you need to link to the roof. The balcony isn't good enough.

There is a new linking stone available in the XP that wasn't in the main game, located in Eder Kemo, the Garden Age. This is the age reached from the green book on your bookshelf (sixth slot from the left). If you don't have this book you need to go to Eder Gira, the geyser age, and link in from the linking book opposite the waterfall.

In the garden age is a large rotating monolith suspended in mid-air. Walk around the back of the wall surrounding this monolith and you'll find a stone to take you to the classroom roof.

Re: URU-To D'ni--Classroom Marker - 04/14/04 12:18 AM

Got to the roof of the classroom finally.
The KI however did not register anything.
Will go back to Great Zero and double check
things out.
Thanks to both of you for your help.
I will be back for more but not tonight. My fingers are tired. :-)

Re: URU-To D'ni--Classroom Marker - 04/14/04 01:54 AM

The marker on the roof of the classroom is the one with the horizontal distance co-ordinate of about 1000 or so.

You need to go to the 'scope for this particular marker and press the blue button for your Ki to register it.
Posted By: maryc64

Re: URU-To D'ni--Classroom Marker - 04/14/04 02:25 AM

It is very easy to not collect, "register", and get new markers to hunt. That's the problem. Using the Uru Obsession W/T helped tremendously as it is confusing. Now I know we have a W/T here too.
We search for 5... Then 15... Something like that. Then only one marker for the last 4 Ki machines? It could have been 30 rather than 15 markers as I am confuse Uru Live and XP at times. I finished it, but making sure to clear Ki at the right place, after so many markers is a bit confusing unless one is very careful! I'll bet that's the mix-up. Also, putting avatar into 3rd person sometimes makes the marker more visible. One could be right under it and not see it.
Sometimes it's below the avatar too in certain sections.

Re: URU-To D'ni--Classroom Marker - 04/14/04 11:43 AM

I got the calb. marker for the second wheel first. I put the KI in the first wheel and then goto Kadish Gallery but no marker shows. The white circle on the KI does not even faid in and out let alone goto red. This is the same problem with the roof on the classroom. I must be missing something. Actually I put the KI in all four wheels to check. Only the second wheel took shows circle with line in it. and now the KI shows the Toran attribute.

Re: URU-To D'ni--Classroom Marker - 04/14/04 08:06 PM

YEA. found out what the trouble was and why I couldn't get the markers to show. I FORGOT to click on the blue tracking button inside of the coordinate part of the machine. GREAT GAME now that itis over. Thanks so much Jenny, Aussiemystic, and Maryc64 for your help and time. This is an excellent place to get help. I Will be back!
Ray
Posted By: Rice burner

Re: URU-To D'ni--Classroom Marker - 04/15/04 09:02 AM

bravo Yay, I finished XP tonight too!
That sure was a lot of walking and climbing. Most of the time my screen was so dark it was hard to see. I think I've had enough of the underworld for awhile. Going back to the sunshine and spring time. See ya'll outside. lol
Kay
Posted By: Vanje

Re: URU-To D'ni--Classroom Marker - 04/15/04 02:04 PM

I'm going to go back and start URU again soon.
I had trouble with the Sky travel system early on. Anybody have any suggestions?

Re: URU-To D'ni--Classroom Marker - 04/16/04 12:16 AM

First, you need to switch power on by setting the solar generator to follow the sun. If you've played before I assume you know how to do this.

You also need to pull the levers near the solar generator to start the screws rotating. Only two of the three levers work; the third is broken.

Then go to the buckets and pull the lever to start the buckets moving. You will hear a ticking sound. You need to run quickly down to the bucket positioned near the fence and climb inside.

If you miss, go back and pull the lever again to stop the buckets. However, you must pull the lever at the right time or the bucket may not stop next to the walkway. Watch the buckets and wait for two passing buckets to cross over before pulling the lever. This should bring a bucket to rest at the walkway again. Once the bucket has stopped, pull the lever once more and try running to the bucket again.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community