GB HOMEPAGE

Re: Missing -- hint for ADUPARD

Posted By: KathyO

Re: Missing -- hint for ADUPARD - 07/10/04 04:51 PM

***Spoiler for Vari follows***
(My out-going emmail is on the fritz, as is my home page. I miss my Spam blocker! It goes right back on when this game is over!)
Dear Adupard,
If you are having trouble, because you are trying to follow the solution for the European version of In Memoriam's VARI puzzle, t'won't work. They changed this puzzle! the little devils!
Now, If you are hearing music, this is very good! That's what got me thru this 2nd part (the cities are the next, 3rd, part of VARI).
Use the tabs to eliminate the larger noises, but, and I think this may be different, too, the rings will be the ones to shut of all noise and leave the voices.
If I remember, there were 2 rings in the middle, 1 on top, very annoying not to get some kind of head's up. I do hate a complete 4-5 day waste of time, don't you?
After you get rid of the white noise, fine tune the music with the audio buttons, tweaking rings if necessary. After you've hit it just right, the white noise will quit- Completely! Yay! happydance
Then just keep hitting that seemingly useless audio button- hey, it does work! It will gradually resolve from the singing, to a man's voice, saying the names in the correct order for you to click on. As you go over the stars, a nice lady's voice (where the heck did she come from?)will tell you the name of each city.
That should get you there. Have fun!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Re: Missing -- hint for ADUPARD - 08/11/04 11:12 PM

Hey do you know the best way to solve Nephoemes puzzle in Missing
Posted By: KathyO

Re: Re: Missing -- hint for ADUPARD - 08/12/04 12:03 AM

I've played the game twice, but found this one very difficult, because of the terrified woman singing, very hard to listen to, and as Gamehound says in his meticulous walkthrough, "The song itself doesn't change, but each time you leave the puzzle and return, the order of the clips changes.".

http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcIi/InMemoriam/inmem.htm

The only way I was able to do it was (both times), listening to it with the phonetic sounds.
A note- they seem to have changed the game further, besides the VARI puzzle, in that more than 1 white square lights up. Often it's 2. So, again, using Gamehound's walkthrough is the only way I have heard of for this part.
Hope you get it!
Posted By: Patzi

Re: Re: Missing -- hint for ADUPARD - 08/12/04 05:47 PM

Gads I've been stuck on that song so long it goes through my head...quite eerie, really. I can't figure what I'm doing wrong...the "so come with"
"me" are the last 2 I'm sure. Anybody having any luck?
Posted By: Agent Provocateur

Re: Re: Missing -- hint for ADUPARD - 08/12/04 10:11 PM

What I did was to write down each sound associated with each button.

Thankfully, this puzzle is not time dependent, so you don't have to press the buttons continously.

I divided the musical bars into three groups. I concentrated in making the first group of four bars turn white without worrying about the rest. Once I had worked out which four buttons to press to turn the four musical bars white, I then went to work on the next four bars and once I had done that, the rest was easy.

Looking at my notes, some of the identifiable sounds are "Looking for some", "Fun", "Looking for the", "Sun", "So come with", "Me"

That's the six buttons that are the key to solving this puzzle. Each of those two phrases go together, at least for the puzzle I had. If it is random then this solution will not work. So if the button you press says "looking for the", then the next button you press should be "Sun".

The other four are those eerie "donna dona" sounds that you can place in the remaining spaces until the bar for that sound turns white.
Posted By: Springchicken

Re: Re: Missing -- hint for ADUPARD - 08/12/04 11:00 PM

Hi,
I am at the beginning and have a problem using the Analyser. I am supposed to print the password after opening the toolbar, but there is no place to do it...where shall I print the password? Sorry for my stupidity
Posted By: Agent Provocateur

Re: Re: Missing -- hint for ADUPARD - 08/12/04 11:46 PM

That is not a stupid question, Springchicken. the instructions are not clear.

Click on the toolbar to open it. Then type the password. The letters you type will not appear on the screen, but once you have pressed Enter, the Analyser will appear on the toolbar.
Posted By: Springchicken

Re: Re: Missing -- hint for ADUPARD - 08/13/04 12:52 PM

Agent,
Thank you for your reply. I tried to do this way and it did not work. But the funny thing, it worked, when I did the opposite. At first I typed the code and then opened the toolbar and the Analyser appeared.
Good luck.
Posted By: charward2

Re: Re: Missing -- hint for ADUPARD - 10/09/04 03:56 AM

I had just got started on Missing and got through Soapphi, Bos, Ustichos, Tetima and now to Syro. I have spent three days on this one puzzle and have decided I am never going to get it. I made it through the first maze but can't get going any further. Since there doesn't seem to be any save game function I think the used game retailer will get this one. Unless someone has a work around for the mazes. If the second one is this hard the next two must be awful.
Posted By: Melanie1

Re: Re: Missing -- hint for ADUPARD - 10/09/04 04:15 AM

Charward, the game automatically saves your place when you exit, so there doesn't appear to be a save option, but there is.

Melanie
Posted By: charward2

Re: Re: Missing -- hint for ADUPARD - 10/09/04 04:37 PM

But can you share saves in this game with another player. I would like to get past this maze in order to keep going.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community