GB HOMEPAGE

Uru: I Give Up

Posted By: ces

Uru: I Give Up - 10/05/04 05:33 PM

I have given up on this game. For 6 months I have been trying to finish the Eders - I just simply cannot do it. And I SO MUCH wanted to get the 4 posts, see the rain, learn about the Bahro, and get back to visit Aegura. But I simply just cannot do it. So, I am shelving the game.

It's really a shame, because I love the environment they created, and having been a Beta tester I have already seen some of the stuff (Aegura, markers) that I can't now see.
Posted By: texaslady

Re: Uru: I Give Up - 10/05/04 05:45 PM

Wait, don't quit please. Tell me what or where you are stuck and I'll do my level best to help you finish your game. Sue

Re: Uru: I Give Up - 10/05/04 08:12 PM

What is stopping my progress is those darn fireflies and all of the jumping you have to do with them.

(1) I have trouble attracting the fireflies in the first place

(2) if I do manage to attract them, then I lose them when trying to get into the cave

(3) the one time I did manage to get into the cave then I lost them when attempting to make the jump at the top

If I had a saved game for the last of the jumping with the fireflies so that I could get the 7th Eder journey cloth, I'd be all set. But there is no saving game capability, so I'm stuck.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your concern however! It brings a smile to my face.

Re: Uru: I Give Up - 10/05/04 08:53 PM

If you really want to finish this game, I'll work with you until you get your fireflies, get into the cave and get your cloth.
I had trouble getting my ff's to stay with me for awhile. What I did was wait until just after a shower, and then I'd WALK through the clouds of them until I had 20 or more. Then I'd WALK under the tunnel, over the stepping stones and touch the cloth to take me to the waterfall area.
Walk over the buoy you placed as a bridge,WALK to the area where you are going to have to jump [just under the waterfall]. Walk as close to the wall as you can and stand at the very edge and don't run make a walking leap. You should still have plenty of your FF's. Walk through the caves and out onto that shelf, NEVER run, once again walk to the edge and leap across. You can do it, I did. If this doesn't help, I'm still here and I'll try another tact. Sue
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Uru: I Give Up - 10/05/04 09:05 PM

Christine, I remember crying, cursing and swearing off games forever when I did the fireflies, but I too made it and believe me it was worth it! Don't get me wrong, I don't EVER want to do it again but I know that if you stick with it and take enough fireflies with you, you will make it! Take a break, breathe deep and try again. You can do it!

Ana wave

Re: Uru: I Give Up - 10/05/04 09:07 PM

Don't forget that once you link, you are basically standing on a geyser, so once you are there start walking away from that area. Sue
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Uru: I Give Up - 10/06/04 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by texaslady:
Don't forget that once you link, you are basically standing on a geyser, so once you are there start walking away from that area. Sue
I lost several batches of fireflies, Sue, before I figured out the the steam from the geyser was essentially water, and that walking through it would make them go away... blush

Re: Uru: I Give Up - 10/06/04 09:39 PM

Texaslady, BrownEyedTigre, and Jenny - I have done everything you suggested. And I did read somewhere about the geyser thing. The thing is I just can't get all 3 steps to work at the same time. It's not worth the frustration, I've been trying for 6 months, and there are other games to be played.

So, off it goes, and on comes Myst IV! (after I go out and buy a new hard drive tomorrow that is)
Posted By: Vizagoth

Re: Uru: I Give Up - 10/06/04 10:35 PM

ces, here is a suggestion that worked for me. I had a problem with the fireflies too, I just forgot about the game for about a week. When I went back and tried after that everything worked. It seems that I was continuing to make the same mistakes over and over. The break gave me a fresh start.
Viz
© 2024 GameBoomers Community