GB HOMEPAGE

Uru Teledahn age stuck in prison

Posted By: Sequoia

Uru Teledahn age stuck in prison - 11/25/03 04:14 AM

I messed up and forgot to set the seven metal flip things in the right sequence to open the first two doors that are next to the room with the metal plates on the floor. And now I am locked out.

It started out that I made it through the doors by putting the weights on the metal plates on the floor. I then walked outside and I couldn't figure out how to get the draw bridge down so I exited to get a hint. When I went back to the room with the metal plates (this is the room my save took me back to) I found that the doors are closed again and all of the metal flip things are in the up position. I have the weights on the metal plates the same way they were to open the doors, but it does no good now.

Is there another way to get back outside to the wooden walkway and the drawbridge? Or is there another way that I can get the doors to open, since I can't change the metal flip things without being on the other side of the closed doors!

I have direct connect so there is no way that I will ever be able to play on-line and have someone physically help me. I can see that would be a big advantage now!

Help! Sequoia
Posted By: dadguy

Re: Uru Teledahn age stuck in prison - 11/25/03 04:31 AM

Here is a real spoiler:
There are only four metal plates that need to have weight on them. These are the four that are closest to the doors that you want to open. Two on the right and two on the left.

Corral stones on top of the two on the right, then corral a stone on the metal plate second closest to the door on the left. Then, when you STAND on top of the plate closest to the door on the left, the door opens (because the weight on the fourth plate satisfies the door opening requirements). Get ready, aim your character at the door and then run through the open door as it closes. As the door closes, the next door opens, so you can just waltz through at your leisure.

Hope this is clear enough to those who have been there.

I am not sure of how to solve the problem you describe because I have never been in that situation. If you have the guts, you can delete the Teledahn book from Relto and start the Age again.

Dadguy
Posted By: Becky

Re: Uru Teledahn age stuck in prison - 11/25/03 04:44 AM

I made it through the prison and then made the mistake of jumping in the water, which resulted in a link back to Relto. Of course when I linked back to the last Journey cloth I'd touched, I was in the outer prison once again and was locked out just as you were.

I went around to all four plates and kicked the stones off of them. Then I went around and started kicking the stones back onto the plates I'd just kicked them off of. When I got to the fourth plate, just stepping on the plate opened the door. I then kicked the last rock onto the plate and that opened the door permanently.
Posted By: auntieshoque

Re: Uru Teledahn age stuck in prison - 11/25/03 09:03 AM

That's not exactly how the plates work with the switches on the wall. Each plate actually refers to a switch on the wall. The switches go from left to right in sequence (numbers). The plates on the floor, however, are in a different order.

In the office at the very top of the mushroom stem building you start this age in is a diagram with the Myst numbering system on it. That tells you what the numbers on the floor are. So plate number 1 refers to switch number 1. You just have to put stones on the switches that you need.

But - I can't remember if the switches that are up need stones on their plates or if the switches that are down need the stones. But it won't take long for you to figure out which is which.

If you need more of an explanation than this, just let me know and I'll try again.

a
Posted By: Footprint

Re: Uru Teledahn age stuck in prison - 11/25/03 02:09 PM

More Hint/spoiler:

I exaclty did it the way auntieshoque describes here. I just now checked: switches that are flipped 'up' are the plates that need a load!

I didn't notice automatisme in the doors as dadguy describes above. Once out of the first prison I had to flip an arbitrary switch to get the former door closed and the next opened ... so, when I had to go through the same way again I had to look through the door at the panel how I had set them the last time and had to use that as new code to pass the way all again....
Posted By: Becky

Re: Uru Teledahn age stuck in prison - 11/25/03 03:14 PM

Quote:
when I had to go through the same way again I had to look through the door at the panel how I had set them the last time and had to use that as new code to pass the way all again....
You know, that would make a lot of sense! I wonder if I solved it the second time by luck, because I hadn't thought of this.

This is interesting. Have I got this right? To get through the second door you have to permanently trip one more lever. So the solution if you go through a second time is to only weight down three of the panels. So if you blow it four times before you get to the next journey cloth, are you permanently locked out?

By the way, did you go through and walk on all the panels the second time through in order to "reset" them? I did this just in case, but I have no idea if it was necessary.

Re: Uru Teledahn age stuck in prison - 11/25/03 03:56 PM

Wow- thanks everyone for posting!

When I went to bed I layed there thinking about this puzzle as I was trying to sleep- and I figured it out!

I can not think of another game where you, as the player, actually re-set the puzzle. I've played games where the puzzle is re-set randomly, but never by me.

As footprint mentioned, when the switches are flipped up that means that there needs to be a weight on the metal plate on the floor. So since I had left them with ALL of them up, I had to then go around and put a weight on all of them. It didn't really matter which weight, I tested by jumping and if it didn't make a sound it was ok.

Then it opened the doors. So I went up to the switches and this time I put only the very left one down. And that opened the new door and I was able to go out. I left the game to come here and share what I had figured out.

Now when I go back I should be able to just knock off the weight of the one by the right door, and that should open the doors again for me.

And then I will put the switch down for the one by the left door and next time I will have to just knock off the weight of that metal plate. And then as footprint said, I would keep putting down a switch and removing that weight to get back in until I had to do it in the reverse order.

But hopefully I won't have to be coming back that many times!!

Sequoia
Posted By: auntieshoque

Re: Uru Teledahn age stuck in prison - 11/25/03 07:43 PM

The other option is to come back through this set of doors before you log out. Just throw the same switch you threw to get the doors to change. ie. if you threw the first switch to get the first doors to now close and the second door to open so you could proceed, just throw the first one again. You can get back out to the pressure plates now. And you don't have to mess around with the plates in order to get back through next time you log on.

a

Re: Uru Teledahn age stuck in prison - 11/25/03 10:44 PM

Hi- it's me again....it didn't work!!

I don't know why it didn't work, it made such sense. I'm stuck outside of the two locked doors and I have only the very left switch in the down position. So I kicked the weight off of the one by the right door. Nothing happened.

So I put that weight back on and then kicked the weight off of the left door. Nothing happened. So I added some weight here and there. Nothing happened.

What to do...? Oh how I wish I had done what you suggested auntieshoque- that makes the most sense and it would always work, even if it meant that I'd have to walk back..

Any suggestions please????

Sequoia
Posted By: Footprint

Re: Uru Teledahn age stuck in prison - 11/26/03 12:38 AM

Real Spoiler down below:

If you have missed the map on some desk then it's a bit difficult.

If you have only the leftmost switch UP, you will have to put weight only on the fifth plate when counting clockwise.

Clockwise seen the map of the cave was 2, 6, 3, 5, 1, 7, 4 for the numbers belonging to the plates. So the fifth is controlled by switch one (leftmost) and the rightmost switch (7th) is controlling the 6th plate when counting clockwise.

It's a real spoiler now
© 2024 GameBoomers Community