GB HOMEPAGE

Freddie Pharkas Help?

Posted By: joanie39

Freddie Pharkas Help? - 02/14/05 07:36 PM

Hi Guys, help I know this will sound strange, even for me, but I got Freddie into the saloon and into it's back yard and back into the saloon but I can get him to leave the saloon the way he came in for some reason. He won't leave from the back yard either. Can anyone help here?Please? There must be a spot that I'm missing. cry
Posted By: Salar of Myst

Re: Freddie Pharkas Help? - 02/14/05 07:50 PM

Hi Joanie!

from the saloon~ freddy should be able to use the front & back door, though the front door is a bit of a pixel hunt from inside. Its roughly even with the front of the bar.

from the backyard~

Freddy should be able to walk up the stairs next to the hotel & back into the saloon. I *think* you can also leave the yard from there but I didnt find that easy to do. Maybe you coud have him read the posters and search the buggy and try again?

wave
Posted By: texaslady

Re: Freddie Pharkas Help? - 02/14/05 07:50 PM

Joanie, are you at the beginning of this game?

Sue

Re: Freddie Pharkas Help? - 02/14/05 08:16 PM

wave I'm out of the saloon! thanks

Re: Freddie Pharkas Help? - 02/16/05 07:34 PM

help does anyone know if there is a patch for this game? I am having a hard time making the 1st Rx. I have no arrow to take things. It is a hit and miss thing and by reading the bottom words. I finally made it but don't know how to take it to Penelope. When I get to her, it is no where. cry Am I hopeless or what? Can you help me again? I would be so grateful! thanks
Posted By: MaG

Re: Freddie Pharkas Help? - 02/16/05 08:37 PM

Joanie,

The only patch I found is HERE and it is for Fixes a douzen Sierra/Dynamix games to work with soundblaster sound again due bugs that occured on computers that are too fast. - GoSierra v.2.

Re: Freddie Pharkas Help? - 02/16/05 09:55 PM

Sorry about that, Joanie. Try theis Google Freddy Patch Search and see if any of those (lots of German patches) might work. smile

Re: Freddie Pharkas Help? - 02/16/05 10:24 PM

thumbsup Thanks so much MaG! I found a patch and it works wonderfully well!Thanks for all your help. I so appreciate it. :kiss:

Re: Freddie Pharkas Help? - 02/17/05 03:40 PM

cry Bummer! When I went into the game again, it was back to the way it was before the Patch!It is very strange. help

Re: Freddie Pharkas Help? - 02/17/05 07:27 PM

Ugh, Joanie! Maybe post at Glitches to see what they have to say. frown

Re: Freddie Pharkas Help? - 02/17/05 08:01 PM

Thanks MaG, I have taken your advice and posted on Glitches. In the meantime. Can you tell me how to get the right measurement for these Rxs when everytime you click on the thing to fill it, it does 5 at a time. I was told to check"The Modern Day Book of Health and Hygiene" that came with the game but this was a trade and didn't have the book with it. help
P.S. How do I find out the amounts without that book? frown

Re: Freddie Pharkas Help? - 02/17/05 09:27 PM

Joanie,

The manual is important.
Check here for the procedure but there's no amount. Let me see if I can find my old MAc version of the game. It's been that long and I don't know where it is...
Posted By: fov

Re: Freddie Pharkas Help? - 02/17/05 09:45 PM

You can't proceed without the manual. This was Sierra's form of copy protection.

Al Lowe (the game's creator) has the text of the manual up on his site: http://www.allowe.com/FPFP/manual.htm I've also downloaded it in PDF form but I don't remember where I downloaded it from.

I can't remember exactly, but I think to get some amounts you need to pour some in and then pour a smaller amount out. I think it has to do with the size of the vials you use. It's been a long time though, so I'm not positive.

-emily
Posted By: Bryansmom

Re: Freddie Pharkas Help? - 02/17/05 10:58 PM

Also, FreddyPharkas.com has the manual in both HTML and PDF form. Hopefully, you'll be able to print it out in one of those versions, in case you decide you want to trade the game when you are done. smile
The guy who runs that site is a real Freddy Pharkas fan and might be able to help you out if you e-mail him, too.
Hugs,
Beth
© 2024 GameBoomers Community