GB HOMEPAGE

Myst V Demo Help Please!

Posted By: joanie39

Myst V Demo Help Please! - 09/05/05 03:58 PM

help I don't know how to take the stone slate with me and when I get to the stone with signs on it how do I find the inventory? Thanks for any help! frown
Posted By: texaslady

Re: Myst V Demo Help Please! - 09/05/05 05:08 PM

I'm sorry Joanie I haven't played the demo. The walkthrough just says to take the stone. You aren't able to pick it up?

sue
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: Myst V Demo Help Please! - 09/05/05 05:13 PM

Hi Sue! I couldn't figure that out either when I played the demo. How are you supposed to pick it up?
If anyone can tell us please "spoil me"! lol

wave joe
Posted By: texaslady

Re: Myst V Demo Help Please! - 09/05/05 05:14 PM

According to the walkthrough I read, it sounded like it to me. Have you seen Bert's w/t?

Sue

Re: Myst V Demo Help Please! - 09/05/05 05:17 PM

No I haven't. I just printed the one by Robert Kosten. I'll check out the other one. wave

Edit: It says to move your curser to the top or bottom of the screen to drop the slate. It doesn't say specificaly how to pick it up or to do those drawings.
Guess I'll just go in and figure it out> woozy
Posted By: Chief

Re: Myst V Demo Help Please! - 09/05/05 05:22 PM

Joe, read what Lady K says about it.

Have fun.

Chief wave
Posted By: Chief

Re: Myst V Demo Help Please! - 09/05/05 05:26 PM

Welcome Sue, I think Lady K gives a good explanation of that part of the game.

Chief wave

Re: Myst V Demo Help Please! - 09/05/05 05:37 PM

Hey! That works!
That's more specefic on how to do the task.
Thanks Chief!
Thanks Sue!
Thanks LadyK!

wave joe
Posted By: dadguy

Re: Myst V Demo Help Please! - 09/06/05 01:09 AM

LadyK made a terrific game summary!

I might have missed it, but in case anyone wants a short tutorial on picking up and dropping the slate, here it is. I have talked to a number of people that were confused.

1. You pick up the slate the first time by clicking on the slate at the pedestal (click when the slate icon appears). The slate will then go to the bottom of the screen.

2. Once you have it at the bottom of the screen, you can either drop it on the ground (clicking the edge of the slate when you get the slate icon with the DOWN arrow) or bring it up to write upon (clicking lower, on the face of the slate when you get the open hand icon).

3. Once it is brought up to write upon, you have three choices. You can drop the slate to the ground (click the icon of the slate with a DOWN arrow on it) or you can put it back in your belt (clicking in the bottom center zone with the pointed finger icon) or you can write on it by LEFT-CLICKING and dragging the round icon. If you drop it, the slate glows a bluish glow on the ground.

4. You can pick up the slate again by simply walking over it.

Can't wait for the game! Nice to see so many familiar names so interested already!

Regards,

Dadguy
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Myst V Demo Help Please! - 09/06/05 02:35 AM

I'm glad my summary was helpful. I, too, am looking forward to this game.
Posted By: joanie39

Re: Myst V Demo Help Please! - 09/06/05 10:05 PM

helpAgain! I am having a hard time with the Bahro symbols. I can't seem to see but a couple of the symbols inside. Can anyone maybe e-mail a spoiler here for me? Please? Any help would be so appreciated. thanks
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Myst V Demo Help Please! - 09/07/05 01:39 PM

Hi, Joanie,
Bert Jamin has pictures of the doors and inside symbols in his walkthrough here:
http://www.gamesover.com/Myst_5/Demo.htm
© 2024 GameBoomers Community