GB HOMEPAGE

Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn

Posted By: Becky

Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/21/05 07:05 PM

Post questions, comments, and advice here for the Age of Laki'ahn in Myst V: End of Ages.

Note: -- you may also create your own thread at any time if you have questions or need help for Myst V.
Posted By: dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/24/05 07:06 PM

This was a very cool Age. Check out the laki'ahns swimming in the ocean (they show up occasionally).

Dadguy
Posted By: DABhand

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/24/05 07:20 PM

It was also an evil one, especially the wind machine and the cage O_o

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/24/05 10:56 PM

And the colosseum !!!
Posted By: Kero

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/24/05 11:19 PM

help I'm stuck at the Jewlers door to the trade room. I know there is a simple solution to the puzzel think but I can't seem to get my mind wrapped around it. Please spoil it for me - I will be forever grateful. praise

thanks Kero

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/24/05 11:42 PM

Kero,

OK. The combination for what order to press the symbols is found on a piece of paper in the Trader's Room. You can see it by looking through the window from the front where you arrived in Laki'ahn. It is on a table near the left window (as you face the Trader's Room front door from outside).

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/25/05 01:13 AM

Is anyone having as much trouble with the elevator on the first floor of the fighter maze as I am? I put the slate on the pressure plate, run to the lever and pull it up then run to the elevator and it starts up - then a Bahro takes the slate and I'm heading back down. I've yet to make it to the second floor after at least 7 tries! woozy I've tried the slate on the plate and all around the edge and still the Bahro beats me. Am I missing something here?
Posted By: drdel

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/25/05 02:12 AM

I was having exactly the same problem Kero. This time, I waited till he appeared the first time and disappeared, then raised the counterweight (tablet still glowing on the pressure plate). Now he's come back...
I've been hanging about for five minutes on the elevator pad while the stupid Bahro stands staring as if mesmerized by the tablet on the pressure plate..I wish he'd get a move on a pick the darn thing up! He's not singing either!

Edit: Okay, so I thought I'd quit out and restart the game from savepoint..that didnt' work either. I seem to be just as stuck as you on the lower level, and I've tried this about 12 times now; getting pretty tired of running back for slates.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/25/05 02:24 AM

Kero,

What symbol are you using on the slate? You need to use one that will keep the Bahro around for a while... long enough to get you up the elevator.

I used the singing symbol from the Yeesha journal where she talks about sining. Then I put down the slate in the center of the pressure plate. Then I slowly (Bahro won't come because you are still too close to the slate) walked over to the counter weight and pulled it up, then I faced the pressure plate and backed up onto the elevator. He stayed on the plate long enough for me to ride up and run off the elevator the first time.

Good luck!

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/25/05 02:46 AM

Well, I just tried your technique dadguy, but the Bahro is doing the same thing. He comes, looks at the slate with the singer on it, then disappears too fast and I come down again. No possible way to get off the elevator on the next floor. This last time, I had to time to slip off, raise the weight again, and when the Bahro came back he again only stayed a few seconds on the plate before linking out with the slate, bringing the lift down again before we'd even reached the upper floor.

Anyone else got any ideas how to get on the second floor?

Update: Okay, I went back a little to a savegame before I had first tackled the pressure plate/elevator puzzle, and used your technique dadguy.. it worked! Oh joy, now a maze! laugh

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/25/05 04:39 AM

Thank you dadguy - thank you, thank you, thank you - I bow praise to your superior wisdom. After my post here I took a break to eat supper. Read a little, then came here to see if someone had answered. I immediately tried your suggestion - using the singing symbol - and I am now on the second floor. Drdel - I know exactly how you feel. rolleyes But Myst isn't Myst without a maze.

thanks Kero
Posted By: KateVa

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/26/05 12:44 AM

Dadguy! Don't know what moved you to go back thru the symbols in Yeesha's journals to notice the shape of the slate on the "singing" symbol...but it certainly was brilliant! I had tried the snake, figuring that would keep the Bahro there...but it didn't even phase him! Guess there are no snakes on Lak'i.

A thousand thanks for that tip-the only time I was stumped in this age. After Todelmer, everything seems a breeze! lol

TY again
Kate

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/26/05 01:50 AM

KateVa,

Did you notice that you can hear him "singing" down there? Being a computer nerd I look at all of the files in the program directory and the sounds are all identified there. All of the Bahro sounds are short, but the "Bahro SING" sound went on longer than all of the others. Aha! That's what we need...more time!

Cheers,

Dadguy
Posted By: dogpenny

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/26/05 06:29 PM

Can you change the way you play the game in the middle of it or do I have to go back to the beginning as Player 2? I did not choose combined method and cannot back up to the elevator. Is that the problem? I keep having the same problem as Kero. I get to the second floor and the elevator drops before I can jump off. I was hoping Options would give me that choice but it doesn't.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/26/05 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dogpenny:
Can you change the way you play the game in the middle of it or do I have to go back to the beginning as Player 2? I did not choose combined method and cannot back up to the elevator. Is that the problem? I keep having the same problem as Kero. I get to the second floor and the elevator drops before I can jump off. I was hoping Options would give me that choice but it doesn't.
Well, I have been just using Classic mode throughout, dogpenny, and that wasn't the problem - I had the same difficulty as Kero too.
After I'd messed around a bit myself with the elevator puzzle, I did have to go back a little to an earlier save in Laki'ahn prior to touching that puzzle before I could get dadguy's method to work though.

I'm not positive but I think if clicking your mouse scroll button doesn't make you back up, that would be something about the way your mouse is generally set up to work, and should be able to be adjusted under your Control Panel mouse control thingy. If you don't have a mouse scroll button at all, maybe you have a middle button? If no middle mouse button, I'm not sure if you can using the backing feature at all.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/26/05 07:07 PM

Still doesn't work the elevator goes almost to the 2nd floor and then drops before I can get off.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/26/05 07:09 PM

Quote:
Still doesn't work the elevator goes almost to the 2nd floor and then drops before I can get off.
If you have an earlier save in Laki'ahn before you touched the elevator puzzle, try that dogpenny. That's the only way I got dadguy's backing method to work.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/26/05 08:37 PM

Dutch, if the scroll button dosen't click down to back you uo, you can always use the DOWN-ARROW button to back up.

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/26/05 11:47 PM

Will go back to a previous save and see if that works. Going back to previous save does nothing. I still cant get to the 2nd floor. Guess I am just stuck here spent most of yesterday afternoon and most of today trying to get there and it is beginning to cease to be fun anymore. I just don't know what else to do the scroll button works but I guess not fast enough. Just cant get past it no matter what I do or what I try think it is just hopeless at this point.
Posted By: Bruce Fielder

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/27/05 01:50 AM

If it's any help, you can change the way you move around the game anytime. Simply move the cursor up the to options icon, the wrench one, and click on it. Then, you can open up the mouse control tab and select one of 3 options. You can also change it back later if you wish the same way.

The singing icon shown in one of Yeesha's journals is the only way I know of to keep the Bahro on the weight sensitive plate long enough to get the lift all the way up to the second floor area. I had to do it 4 times before I got the drawing correct enough for him to stay there on it.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/27/05 01:56 AM

I went to the Myst forums and poked around to see if I could find anything else to help. One person mentioned that they had to make sure they tried the elevator priming once themselves ie. put your slate on the ground, raise the counterweight, then pick up your slate, and stand on the pressure plate yourself... elevator goes up. Then, when you get off the plate, it comes down again.

At that point you would draw your singer symbol, face the pressure plate and put the slate down on it...back up one step, turn to left and raise the counterweight again, then back slowly (two little clicks) onto the elevator pad..and wait a second for Bahro to come and do his thing.

I know this must be terribly frustrating dogpenny, I certainly found it so when I was stuck for the longest time here repeating my actions. Speed of movement doesn't seem to be the important thing in this section fortunately...as dadguy says, you can back up slowly after raising the counterweight (which is too close to the pressure plate for the Bahro to feel comfortable coming).. it isn't until you've backed up two more steps with the mouse scroll onto the elevator pad that he feels confident enough to link in and step on the plate to see your drawing, and hopefully it'll keep him there just long enough for you to reach the top and run off.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/27/05 02:49 AM

THAT'S what I haven't been doing the first part with the slate and pressure pad raising the elevator first. Hopefully that is the problem thank you so much I will go back right now and try it. I went back primed the elevator twice and it still did not work it goes almost to the 2nd floor and drops down again before I can get off on the 2nd floor. I went back to a previous save primed the elevator and it STILL does not work is it possible there is something wrong with my game. I am really getting upset I paid $60 for the limited edition and cant get this part to work after the better part of 2 days. I have tried everything suggested even a few things I invented and NOTHING works.
Posted By: Subman

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/27/05 03:08 AM

After reading the guidance on how to get to the second level I am still unclear. Some posts refer to pulling of a switch which I see none of. Other than the pressure plate all I see are the push buttons on the wall.

When I set the slate down on the circular pressure plate with the correct singing symbol he does start to sing, However it is at this point I get stuck. I can't get near him or press the main elevator button until he leaves (without the plate) or he takes it with him. It also looks like he is standing on the pressure plate. Any ideas??

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/27/05 03:14 AM

One click toward the door from the elevator turn left lift the round red thing to the top. You have to prime the elevator first from what I understand I have had no luck getting to the 2nd floor however. Lift the round red switch walk to the pressure plate with the slate turn around you will see the elevator rise step off the plate and it will lower. Go back to the plate turn around put the sign on the slate drop it raise the round switch use your scroll button on your mouse to back up back up twice and the Bahro should step on the plate and with any luck at all you will get to the 2nd floor I wish you luck I sure haven't had any here.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/27/05 04:12 AM

HOORRRAYY!!!YYIIPPEE!!HIPPITY HOP!! I DID IT!!Don't ask me what I did but I got to the 2nd floor. I almost fainted when the elevator stopped on it.Now I have entered the Keep let the tablet slip through Yeesha's hands. How do I link to K'veer to continue?

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/27/05 04:56 AM

Quote:
HOORRRAYY!!!YYIIPPEE!!HIPPITY HOP!! I DID IT!!Don't ask me what I did but I got to the 2nd floor. I almost fainted when the elevator stopped on it.Now I have entered the Keep let the tablet slip through Yeesha's hands. How do I link to K'veer to continue?
Aww, I'm so glad you got the dratted elevator to work finally dogpenny!

So, you finished Laki'ahn..and got the tablet yes? I'm not sure what you meant when you said you 'let the tablet slip through Yeesha's hands..?
I did something a little different, and got to an ending. Did Yeesha say anything to you when you did what you did? Or did she just leave? As far as I know, that room where Yeesha stands with her hands held out, is K'veer.. and Atrus' prison room with the Myst book is just back around the corner, and up the hall and right again..

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/27/05 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Subman:
After reading the guidance on how to get to the second level I am still unclear. Some posts refer to pulling of a switch which I see none of. Other than the pressure plate all I see are the push buttons on the wall.
This sounds like a different elevator.. is this the one in the main arena? with the 1, 2, 3 and 4 ring symbols on the wall posts and the little caps that open and shut?

I don't think you need the singing symbol and Bahro for that one.

For that one, there is a clue just to the left of the 4 ring post.. as to how you should have the little caps (open or closed) before pushing the big round golden button..

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/27/05 05:44 AM

Yeesha did not say anything she just left. I will try to find the book and continue from that point thanks for your help. I got the scare of my life from Bahro. When I made the wind blow to see the symbol on the flag. I went down to the ground and put the symbol there I dropped the slate and all of a sudden the Bahro was underneath me and in front of me I didn't get a chance to move away. I about had a heart attack.I finished it I want a Bahro they are so cute. I did all three endings. I am sorry it is over. I wish the Bahro would have flown me over the valley in the end. That would have been great I think.Thank you so much to you who helped me I have said this several times and each time with more meaning WHAT would we do without the support and caring of Boomers. praise praise praise
Posted By: fisicx

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/27/05 04:25 PM

After struggling for agres with the elevator that takes you up to the maze I discovered a simple solution - face the elevator then drop the slate. The Bahro stands on the metal plate and up you go.

Tried it with a whole variety of symbol styles and it worked every time.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/27/05 05:07 PM

Yeah, your correct. I am able to get the pedastal up to the top, then transport myself to it, which then it drops to the bottom without stopping at the 2nd floor. I have tried this with and without the slate. In each scenario whem I step off the pedastal it automatically rises to the top again. Not sure how to get myself up there.

Quote:
Originally posted by drdel:
Quote:
Originally posted by Subman:
[b] After reading the guidance on how to get to the second level I am still unclear. Some posts refer to pulling of a switch which I see none of. Other than the pressure plate all I see are the push buttons on the wall.
This sounds like a different elevator.. is this the one in the main arena? with the 1, 2, 3 and 4 ring symbols on the wall posts and the little caps that open and shut?

I don't think you need the singing symbol and Bahro for that one.

For that one, there is a clue just to the left of the 4 ring post.. as to how you should have the little caps (open or closed) before pushing the big round golden button.. [/b]

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/27/05 05:24 PM

Open the little shutters and press the big button until you find the combination that stops the pedastle at the second level. Now weight yourself with slate and add the two together.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/27/05 06:25 PM

I got it! Thanks for the hint about adding up the red disks. It is amazing just how confussing a simple concept in these Myst games can be.

Quote:
Originally posted by fisicx:
Open the little shutters and press the big button until you find the combination that stops the pedastle at the second level. Now weight yourself with slate and add the two together.
Posted By: Geo

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/28/05 01:52 AM

I got the pedistal lowered in the cage to see its symbol.Then I raised it again and tryed to transport to it but I landed in the bottom of the cage locked in.Oh oh.I dont see a way out.I do have the slate I picked up out of the murky water coverd floor but what do I do now?

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/28/05 02:02 AM

Sounds like you haven't got the windmill powered crane controls set properly. The pedistal needs to be up out of the water and rotated and the door switch must be activated. Experiment.

Good luck!

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/28/05 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Geo:
I got the pedistal lowered in the cage to see its symbol.Then I raised it again and tryed to transport to it but I landed in the bottom of the cage locked in.Oh oh.I dont see a way out.I do have the slate I picked up out of the murky water coverd floor but what do I do now?
If I remember correctly the pedestal in the cage is originally below the water.. and you need to raise it to the water level so you can see it; then you should leave the pedestal at the water level, and just rotate the cage bars so that they will open to the second stream area (as well as opening the gate that covers the second stream too).
There should be at least one side of the cage open.. which quadrant does it let you into?
If it's anything other than the two stream quadrants, I think you may have to go back to an earlier save because I can't think of a way to link out of that.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/28/05 06:58 AM

You can always link back to the arrival 'bubble' from the pedastle. It means walking round the island again but the weather is pleasant and the stars are nice to look at.

There are 4 exits from the central cage. You came in on one of them, two others just lead to animal pens and the forth exits to a triangular door. The buttons on the control panel open and close the door.

This is not a nice place however - it demonstrates the violence and cruelty of the D'ni.
Posted By: Pere

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/28/05 01:42 PM

I don't think I heard him (Bahro) sing. I guess when I was in my usual panic mode (i.e. placing the slate, setting the counter-balance and running to the elevator) I wasn't paying attention. Oh well..next time. rolleyes

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/28/05 01:57 PM

Geo,
Okay I went and tried to duplicate this. When I linked to the pedestal raised above water level, I was standing on the platform, above the water level, with the pedestal there. Perhaps you meant you linked into the cage with the pedestal lowered? ie below the water.
You can pick up the slate from there, but it is actually on the pedestal, so the pedestal is there. You just have to move your cursor around till you get the open hand symbol, and touch it; even if the pedestal is below water, it'll take you back to the original pedestal from there.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/28/05 03:26 PM

Yes,you are correct.I had the pedistal below water not up in the air as I first thought.I can actually see the top of the slate under the water.I have a save very close to where I started this cage puzzle,so I think I will start over from the save with a different approach.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/29/05 02:10 AM

Dogpenny,
3 endings?
I did (1) giving the tablet to the girl and going to myst.I did (2) not giving the tablet to her and going to myst and putting it in its holder.
What is the 3'rd option?
By the way what happened to the locked book at the beginning of the game?Was that the myst book I was using to go to myst both times?

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/29/05 02:49 AM

Ooooh. You missed the grand finale.

SPOILER!
The winning option is to instead, give the tablet to the Bahro. That makes everyone happy but Esher. You put it on the floor in K'veer and back away as you always do so the Bahro can get it.

Enjoy,

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/29/05 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Geo:
Dogpenny,
3 endings?
I did (1) giving the tablet to the girl and going to myst.I did (2) not giving the tablet to her and going to myst and putting it in its holder.
What is the 3'rd option?
By the way what happened to the locked book at the beginning of the game?Was that the myst book I was using to go to myst both times?
Yes, the locked book was the Myst linking book. Esher mentioned in one of his later speeches that he'd unlocked it.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/29/05 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dadguy:
Ooooh. You missed the grand finale.

SPOILER!
The winning option is to instead, give the tablet to the Bahro. That makes everyone happy but Esher. You put it on the floor in K'veer and back away as you always do so the Bahro can get it.

Enjoy,

Dadguy
I was wondering about doing that too; instead I dropped it while I was still inside the Keep, since Esher said it was 'many places at once', I figured the Bahro could get it there easily. I was trying to see if I could touch one of the slate pedestal symbols and take it straight to them, like on Noloben which was supposed to originally be their world anyhow. laugh

Another interesting thing to do with slates.. I took the Noloben slate from Direbo back to the D'ni #3 restroom... if you take a peek up at the ceilings in those restrooms, you get an interesting little thrill! hehe.. I dropped it in there after drawing that friendship symbol from the back of one of Yeesha's journals. Just wanted to see what would happen laugh
Posted By: Dhart53

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/29/05 09:58 AM

I have a question about this game. I get the levers set at the frozen lake (blue...right, left and left...orange...left, right and left), as suggested and nothing happens except it gets cold again. Exactly what is supposed to happen and why doesn't it?
Posted By: VHLMagic

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/29/05 11:03 AM

Hi,

I had the same thing happen to me.
You are suppose to get a growing path to walk on if I understood correctly.

I never got one.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/29/05 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dhart53:
I have a question about this game. I get the levers set at the frozen lake (blue...right, left and left...orange...left, right and left), as suggested and nothing happens except it gets cold again. Exactly what is supposed to happen and why doesn't it?
You could try the heat symbol again.. and watch the frozen pond. Apparently there are heat-loving bacteria in the water. While the heat is on, you might just be able to get across.. wink
Posted By: Dhart53

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/29/05 02:51 PM

I did all 6 of the levers at the buildings to the right...srt the blue and orange switches as previoulsy noted, went back and got the slate, did the heat sign on the slate, got the microbes on the water, but am apparently unable to "walk" on them as the cursor doesn't chang to the forward position and I get only as far as the lake edge.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/29/05 04:58 PM

Dhart, can you see the growth path starting from the near middle, turning right, then left, then left towards the far middle? If not, maybe one of the switches is set wrong.

Also, you can only get across as long as the heat is still on, so make sure you activate the heat again then move quickly (and carefully... don't fall off) across the growth.

And check those red/blue switches again.

Have fun,

Dadguy
Posted By: katielou

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/29/05 08:38 PM

I'm having trouble with the wind symbol in the boneyard. Maybe I'm just not drawing it correctly but everytime I draw it on the slate, lay it down & step away from it the Bahro comes, lays it's hand on it & then disappears. I'm trying to call up the 'gale force wind'. What's going on? Could someone please tell me or maybe send me a saved game with instructions? Thanks

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/29/05 09:42 PM

Are you sure you have the right symbol (three wavey horizontal lines)?

Have you drawn it correctly at least once already? If so, don't re-draw it; instead you'll find it available on the "menu" of previously drawn symbols at the bottom of the slate. Click on the wavey lines icon and it will auto re-draw the symbol exactly as you did it before. Then it will work.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/29/05 10:15 PM

Thanks, dadguy, for your help. Maybe I should go to art school to learn how to draw? lol. I thought I was drawing it right but.... I know one thing tho sometimes if I draw it more than 3 times it turns into nighttime. I give it another shot. Thanks again.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/29/05 10:26 PM

Katie, re-read what I said. If you have already drawn it once, there will be an icon on the lower right that you must use rather than drawing it again.

Let us know if that is it!

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 09/29/05 10:40 PM

I understood what you said & I know now what I was doing wrong. I was drawing the " hut" shape as well as the wavy lines instead of just the wavy lines. I got it to work this time. Thanks again.
Posted By: maxwell

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/06/05 04:29 PM

Hello someone,
Can anyone tell me the right why to get into the arena ? I set the windmill seams like a hundred but I still cannot get the thing lined up right.
After you get the pedestal facing you and you go back to windmill how many times to you pull the right lever ?

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/07/05 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by maxwell:
Hello someone,
Can anyone tell me the right why to get into the arena ? I set the windmill seams like a hundred but I still cannot get the thing lined up right.
After you get the pedestal facing you and you go back to windmill how many times to you pull the right lever ?
I think it would be one pull on the right lever to rotate the cage from that position, to where the pedestal cage opens into the correct quadrant. Try once, and then link into the small cage with pedestal - see if you can then get into the quadrant where the second stream flows out - you need to open the gate that covers it also. One press on the left button will do that.
Posted By: Cleo4

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/07/05 05:16 PM

Hey guys,

okay, I'm in Lakiahn and I'm at the cage and I pull & push all the right things, I go back to the bubble them I'm back in the cage...which way is the opening suppose to face? I don't see any posts with yellow caps, all I can do is get in the water ahead of me(in front of the pedestal),by the walkthrough,it's telling me to go right..I'm so confused right now..it's fun though but confusing!
Can someone help?

Thanks again,
Cleo4 frown

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/07/05 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cleo4:
Hey guys,

okay, I'm in Lakiahn and I'm at the cage and I pull & push all the right things, I go back to the bubble them I'm back in the cage...which way is the opening suppose to face? I don't see any posts with yellow caps, all I can do is get in the water ahead of me(in front of the pedestal),by the walkthrough,it's telling me to go right..I'm so confused right now..it's fun though but confusing!
Can someone help?

Thanks again,
Cleo4 frown
Cleo, the posts with the yellow caps are in the arena, you aren't just there yet, but are headed there.

As to which direction you want to have the opening facing when you rotate that little cage around the pededstal..it's easiest to describe this in terms of the first time you went into the big cage (before you first turned the windmill). When you first enter you are in a quadrant of the large cage; the pedestal cage is in the center (and actually submerged when you first see it), and it's hard to tell but the opening is pointed towards the quadrant of the big cage that is to your left. What you want to do is rotate that opening 180 degrees (two pulls on the right lever) so that it will open to the quadrant on your right... that's where the gate to the second stream is. (btw, I'm assuming that you have already taken a look at the symbol on that pedestal and successfully drawn it, as you mentioned you went back to the bubble and are now at the cage pedestal, I'm assuming you were able to link there -let me know if I'm assuming too much laugh )

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/08/05 11:56 AM

Thanks alot!

And no, you are not assuming too much,I have been linking back and forth trying this part over.. I'll turn the cage and get to face right...

thanks

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/08/05 12:33 PM

Okay,

I've managed to turn the cage to the right but once I'm in the what am I suppose to do? there is no opening but the one of the cage,..when I'm at the controls, it says to pull the left to start the windmill, then pull the right lever to turn the cage ,the push the left button to the right lever..what does the button do? I know, I've come this far in the game and it's the first stumble..help?!

Again, thanks in advance
Cleo4 thanks

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/08/05 01:36 PM

Cleo,

I think you might have had it right the first time.

When I first linked to the pedestal in the cage, I felt like I was not able to get out. Then I discovered that I could squeeze around the pedestal and go forward into the water. What you are looking for is a waterway (not the one you first approached the cage from) that has a tunnel that you have not been in yet.

The RIGHT lever on the windmill rotates the cage. The LEFT button opens and closes the cage door so that you can get out to the waterway I mention above.

If you don't see what I have described, go back; experiment... go one click of a lever at a time, then link in, check it out, etc. That's how the puzzle work is supposed to go.

Good luck!

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/08/05 01:42 PM

I've gotten out of the cage, walked in the water,but there is no other water way opening..
is that because the button is what opens the huge triangular looking doors?

think

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/08/05 02:41 PM

Hi again, Cleo.

I just went into the game and took another look.

Here is a summary:

- When you first get to the cage, it is under water. You can see that there are four possible exits from the cage. I have used a clock reference to orient your approach to the cage.

- 1. Where you first approach the cage (we'll call this 6:00)
- 2. Towards the left is a closed area (9:00)
- 3. The area ahead is also closed (12:00)
- 4. The area to the right LOOKS closed, and you can see a triangular tunnel that looks closed (3:00).

Number 4 above is your target. When you raise the pedestal, then rotate the cage so the open side is toward the 3:00 direction, you will have access to the right area. You must push the LEFT of two buttons on the windmill to open the door to allow access to the tunnel.

If the door is closed, go try running the wind again, clicking the LEFT lever to activate the machinery, then click the LEFT button once and check it out.

Let us know how you do.

Dadguy
Posted By: Dawna

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/10/05 10:47 PM

duh

I am so frustrated..!!!

I can't even get the pedestal (inside the cage) to raise up above water level..!!

I'm trying the 2nd "wind" challenge...left lever once..right lever once...and..right button once...then moving my butt over to the original "bubble"...pressing the 2nd pedestal icon..getting transported into the cage...then...nothing..!!!

The wind stops at various times during the many times I have tried this challenge.

I've read the posts...but..alas..I seem to be really struggling with this one..!!

Any other suggestions.. (besides asking for a game save)..? I really want to do this one..all by myself..with a little help from my friends..! :kiss:

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/11/05 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dawna:
duh

I am so frustrated..!!!

I can't even get the pedestal (inside the cage) to raise up above water level..!!

I'm trying the 2nd "wind" challenge...left lever once..right lever once...and..right button once...then moving my butt over to the original "bubble"...pressing the 2nd pedestal icon..getting transported into the cage...then...nothing..!!!

The wind stops at various times during the many times I have tried this challenge.

I've read the posts...but..alas..I seem to be really struggling with this one..!!

Any other suggestions.. (besides asking for a game save)..? I really want to do this one..all by myself..with a little help from my friends..! :kiss:
hmm, don't know the '2nd wind challenge' laugh

However, as to the windmill controls.
(er, I should add in here you have to start the wind thing here for the controls to do anything of course)
Large left lever unlocks the windmill - pull once.
Pull the small left lever once to raise the pedestal to water level.
Push the left button once to open the gate covering the second stream. The right button does nothing as far as I know.
Pull the right lever once - that will turn the pedestal just enough for you to be able to see the symbol through the bars if you go back into the large cage and have a look.

Then you can run back to the first pedestal and draw your symbol, drop it.. if you don't see the Bahro putting it on the bubble pedestal, then he accepted your drawing and put it on the cage pedestal. You'll have to link there to get the slate, then link back to the first pedestal bubble, walk back to the windmill area and do the wind symbol again.
This time pull the large left lever once, then pull the right lever once.. that will rotate the bars around so that the opening is into the second stream area (where you've already opened the gate cover by pressing the LEFT button once).
You still have to run back to the first pedestal to be able to link into the cage to the second pedestal.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/11/05 11:26 AM

Dawna this is what I did to get the pedestal to come out of the water. First activate the slate to start the "storm". Then do this:

1. Pull the left lever
2. Then pull the center lever
3. Press the red button next to the "left" lever
4. Pull the right lever
5. Press the red button next to the "right" lever.

That should do it. Good Luck!
smile
Posted By: charward2

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/12/05 04:28 AM

I didn't have trouble with the windmill or the elevator. But now I'm at the end almost and have gotten to the island. I go into the bubble and press the blue slate and the arm releases but nothing happens. I don't get linked anywhere. There are four arms, three are released. Have I left something out or do I need to do something more to get to the endings? Help, please.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/12/05 10:38 PM

It's me again..!!!!

Okay...I got the pedestal to rise..!!!

Now...when I make "wind" again (LOL)...and try to run to the linking bubble..I can never get there before the wind stops. (The video is so choppy it is hard to control the mouse and get to where I need to go in an efficient and timely manner..!) Must I arrive there and link into the cage BEFORE the wind stops..?

I get the cage door open that seems to allow the extra waterway...but...when I try to squeeze past the cage pedestal...I am stopped and cannot navigate any further along that waterway.

Anymore suggestions..? Would certainly appreciate a little help...again..!!

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/13/05 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dawna:
It's me again..!!!!

Okay...I got the pedestal to rise..!!!

Now...when I make "wind" again (LOL)...and try to run to the linking bubble..I can never get there before the wind stops. (The video is so choppy it is hard to control the mouse and get to where I need to go in an efficient and timely manner..!) Must I arrive there and link into the cage BEFORE the wind stops..?

I get the cage door open that seems to allow the extra waterway...but...when I try to squeeze past the cage pedestal...I am stopped and cannot navigate any further along that waterway.

Anymore suggestions..? Would certainly appreciate a little help...again..!!
Dawna,
You only need the wind to be blowing if you need to adjust the windmill/cage controls. Doesn't matter if it stops blowing while you are going back to the bubble, or linking into the pedestal cage. smile

It can be a little tight getting round the pedestal. I suggest going right up to the bars toward the right side of the pedestal, then angle a little left, and then point your mouse into the water and click, you should be able to squeeze past the pedestal into the quadrant that leads to the second stream gate.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/13/05 02:25 AM

Thanks drdel...I'll give it another shot. smile

I'll let you know how it goes. If this works...thanks to all of you with your suggestions.

GameBoomers Rocks..!!!

Well...that didn't work..!! frown

I can get around to the back of the pedestal..then...it allows me ONE step (probably the edge of the platform that the pedestal is standing on)....then...nothing..!!! I cannot move forward. Should the pedestal be underwater at this particular point..?

I'm assuming that I'm going in the right direction. In behind the pedestal...towards another long waterway where I can see somthing (not sure what it is) in the distance. I am right...aren't I..?

Been stuck on this part for a couple of days now.

Again...all suggestions (and confirmations) are welcome.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/13/05 03:40 AM

Well..!! I can't believe it..!!! I got it..!!!

Here is where I went wrong (just in case someone else encounters the same problem).

My pedestal was way up in the air...I had to bring it back down (not underwater..but down) to water level..!!! I have not seen any "hints" about that...anywhere..!! Anyway...I was finally able to move forward..!!! I don't know what made me think of it...but...I stood in front of the cage...and...just observed..! Noticed that my pedestal was way up in the air (almost like a 2nd floor)...which made me say..hhhmmmm. Thought I'd try to lower it again..and..just see if that would help.

Thanx everybody for their help..!!

Onward I go..!!!

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/13/05 04:32 PM

Hey Dawna! That's a good catch. It never occured to me that we could raise the cage too high! I'll make a note of this for future reference.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/13/05 09:48 PM

WOW..!! That is a great compliment..!!!

After all...you are the MYST expert here..!! praise

I must have pressed one of the buttons twice to get my pedestal up there...and...just thought it was the place it was supposed to go to. So...I had the cage-turnin', door-openin' thing right all along and was doing all the running around and changing things when I didn't have to..!! Sheesh..!!!

I think I saw someone over at the MYST forums with what I think is the same problem. I should go over there and suggest that they check that out. It'll be nice to help someone else out...instead of asking for help..!!

BTW..I finished the game..!! Not my favourite MYST game...but...still loved it anyway..!!!

Thanks again for all your help...asked for...and...just found in your responses to other 'Boomers...!!

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/14/05 03:50 AM

lol yes that is a little different Dawna! I think there was somebody else might have been having that problem. I know one other person did have the exact opposite..they had the cage submerged, and also couldn't get out! laugh
Posted By: norm

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/14/05 07:36 AM

I am having trouble with the elevator to it tried the methods that dadguy said he did but it did not work for me at all when the elevator goes up to the top it comes down before I get a chance to give off a need help real bad

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/14/05 07:51 PM

Norm, can you describe the symbol you are drawing to keep the Bahro busy on the touch pad?

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/14/05 10:18 PM

yes I can a circle for the head a curved line for the back at the bottom line a leg going to the right between the head and the leg a line going to the right I believe is a arm there is a another circle in back of the head I hope this description help also there is a picture of it in the walk through

Norm

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/14/05 11:39 PM

Hi Norm..

You are using the correct symbol.

You need to stand on the pressure plate...draw the symbol and then drop the slate onto the pressure plate. Don't look around to see the Bahro..skeedaddle on over to the wall device and pull it up...then...skeedaddle over to the elevator. As soon as it gets to the top...IMMEDIATELy get off it..before it starts to go down again.

The KEY is to not waste time at the bottom.

Stand on plate...draw symbol...drop slate...pull up on wall device...get to elevator...ride to the top...get off. Try to be as fluid as possible with your movement...NO TIME TO WASTE..!!

I hope this helps...at least until dadguy gets back..!! LOL

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/15/05 06:38 PM

No matter what I do i still can not get off of the elevator I've tried almost everything but when I get up there my cursor disappears so I can not get off the elevator do you have any other suggestions

Norm

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/15/05 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by norm:
No matter what I do i still can not get off of the elevator I've tried almost everything but when I get up there my cursor disappears so I can not get off the elevator do you have any other suggestions

Norm
If you've read the whole thread here norm, you'll see a couple of us had particular problems, even when we were doing the correct method, and using the right symbol on the slate.. Bahro just would not stay long enough for elevator to go up and for us to run off on the second floor.

The only thing that finally worked for me was to go back a little to an earlier savepoint, before I had touched the counterweight puzzle at all, and do it according to dadguy's method. (PS it also worked well if I dropped the slate with the singer symbol on it, while facing AWAY from the door.. that ended up having the slate sitting not quite on the pressure plate, and the Bahro would link there right through the door, and be standing on the plate while 'singing', and it was long enough for me to get up to second floor and run off).

Hopefully you have an earlier save in Laki'ahn where you don't have to repeat too much?

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/16/05 04:36 AM

I've tried all your suggestions, but the problem is when I get to the top the hand cursor is not there it disappears without the cursor I cannot move forward had anyone else run into that trouble help help help mad mad

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/16/05 06:03 AM

hmmm, I don't think I've had that happen any of the times I've played through that part, so I'm not sure what to suggest. Maybe someone else has experienced this? Anybody?

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/16/05 03:57 PM

Nope. It sounds like he is doing it correctly. Maybe it's a question of using the SHIFT key to have him RUN off the platform at the top.

I have no other suggestions. Sorry.

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/20/05 10:23 PM

Has anyone found out or have had the same problem that I have the elevator always up but when I get to the top there is no cursor the will let me get off of the elevator I tried and tried but nothing seems to work for me I just wondering if anyone else has had this problem appreciate any help that I can get so I can finish this game

Norm

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/21/05 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by norm:
Has anyone found out or have had the same problem that I have the elevator always up but when I get to the top there is no cursor the will let me get off of the elevator I tried and tried but nothing seems to work for me I just wondering if anyone else has had this problem appreciate any help that I can get so I can finish this game

Norm
I'm wondering which mode you are doing the game in norm? There are different movement modes - I usually just stick to the Classic, but perhaps you are using one of the others? Maybe that is interfering with you getting an active cursor to move off of the elevator pad?

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/21/05 06:27 AM

I am in the classic mode and i tried the other one to but the same problem persist and let me tell you it sure is flustrated

Norm

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/21/05 07:10 AM

And the hand will only appear when the elevator gets right to the top and stopped moving. And you need to be looking ahead not down or up.

Have you tried using the arrow keys instead of the mouse - it's much easier.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/21/05 07:36 PM

the only trouble is when the elder reaches the top it only stop for a split-second not enough time to get off anyway I found a way to get around getting off of the elevator there's a way to do this without getting on the elevator at all when you'd do you can go backwards to the doors to get to the top of the second floor anyway thanks all of you who tried to help me on my way to the end of the game now thanks once more for the help

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/22/05 01:47 AM

I just replayed it (using the advanced mode) and when I got off the elevator at the top, I had time to walk to the end of the hall and then turn around, wait three seconds, THEN the elevator started to drop.

It makes me wonder if the Bahro is recognizing the SING symbol you are writing. I would spend my energy on that.

Good luck, Norm.

Dadguy
Posted By: teresa

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/26/05 08:47 PM

I dont know if this will be of any help, but I had a lot of trouble getting to the second floor of the arena. I couldnt get the counterweight to take me to the second floor, It always went to the third floor and when I got on with the slate it went down to the counterweight floor again. So I deducted my weight 1 (one) and set the controls on the posts to the following right (screen) begins. 2@1, 2@3, 2@4. I then went back to the bubble and collected the slate and linked to the 3rd pedestal and lo and behold I was there. Its a miracle. bravo thumbsup
Posted By: Mome

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/29/05 02:59 AM

I am in back of the windmill trying to get wind the 2nd time. I did the 1st time OK but after doing the slate wi/the 2 backwards triangles & getting back to the windmill, press the wind sign on the slate, sign draws itself (thank goodness) but I get no wind I tried to move the levers anyway but still no wind.

Thanks

Mome

EDIT Got it !! Just needed to drop the slate.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/29/05 03:29 PM

NEW problem. I linked into the cage w/pedestal & am in the(a) Arena staning in the middle. WT says climb up a slope wall. Wellll, my cursor won't let me climb anything. As usual did I leave something out before I got here???

thanks

Mome

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/30/05 02:26 AM

Mome, if you are in the water in the center of the arena (which looks like a Colosseum) then there are a couple of sloped concrete-looking slabs on either side of an elevated pedestal. I just walked right up them, but I was using the ADVANCED game control that doesn't require the cursor to be active... you just walk where you want.

Anyway, that's where you are headed.

Good luck.

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 10/31/05 05:31 PM

I'm still stuck here. I have gone back to the beginning of this age but still can't get anywhere after doing wind the 2nd time. Is perhaps my problem that the cage gate is not open the right way?? the pedestal front is facing the entrance that you come into the water area just before goiing to windmill (behind bars) & when I step out I am behind the pedestal going into an arena? but my cursor takes me nowhere. I have redone the windmill pulling Llever once & R lever 3x (read to do that somewhere) & I have pulled & pressed red buttons as WT says to do but still I am going nowhere.

Thanks

Mome
Posted By: grannygamer

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 11/06/05 04:04 AM

Okay, I can get the cage to turn, but it doesn't turn so that I can enter the arena. Any tips? slapforehead
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 11/06/05 04:12 AM

Thomasene, this is what was said on another thread about the cage: SPOILER
The cage doors should be open looking toward an triangular tunnel with it's doors swung open and out. You have to SQUEEZE around the pedestal and walk into the water to move forward to the tunnel.

If the triangular doors are not open you have to go run the WIND again, pull the left lever to activate the machine, then click the LEFT of two buttons to open those doors.
Posted By: grannygamer

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Laki'ahn - 11/06/05 05:33 AM

bravo bravo bravo I owe you Jenny. I've gotten into the arena and am now at the point where I have to get the platform to stay up. Wish me luck.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community