GB HOMEPAGE

Amerzone: Where is the gate?

Posted By: RussMyer

Amerzone: Where is the gate? - 10/10/02 02:13 AM

I'm STILL battling Amerzone, but making progress. Finally got to Disk 4. The hyudroflote is stuck against a log-jam. I got the egg ‘cured,’ returned it to the hyudroflote, and now must leave it and find a gate, beyond which I have to locate a lever with a snake wrapped around it. The w.t. uses the word ‘right,’ but going right when leaving the hyudroflote, I get to a ladder, which goes nowhere. To the left, I wind up in the village gain, and have done everything there. Where is the gate????? wave “Doc” Russ
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Amerzone: Where is the gate? - 10/10/02 02:18 AM

Russ, the lever with the snake wrapped around it is on the right side of the walkway as you are going toward the ladder.

Sorry, I forgot about the part of your question about the gate--that's the wooden panel that is right in front of the hydroflot....
Posted By: RussMyer

Re: Amerzone: Where is the gate? - 10/10/02 05:34 AM

End in sight! BUT, I cannot find the cave by the lava pool. I have gone around the pool three-dozen times, moved the cursor over every square milimeter of the area, cliffs, etc, and I find NO cave!! As many know, I'm 3/4 blind, but I should be able to find the cave and have the satisfaction of actually finishing a game! This game, Amerzone, has the best graphics of any game I've ever played, including Myst, Excile, et al.
Please help!!
Posted By: Thatldu1421

Re: Amerzone: Where is the gate? - 10/10/02 06:13 AM

Russ,
The cave is VERY hard to find. From the crashed ship, move forward towards the other end of the lava pool about 4 clicks (I think ... maybe), anyway try 4, then look slowly to the forward-right, and you will see the opening of the cave. If not, try another click, and look again. It will show up as red against the dark rock. Watch your cursor closely, as it will point the way.
I must have prowled that crater for weeks trying to find it. Good Luck.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community