GB HOMEPAGE

post mortem

Posted By: Bert

post mortem - 01/05/03 06:00 PM

Did anyone have a problem finishing this game? If you broke into rm. 507 first?......
Posted By: Jenny

Re: post mortem - 01/05/03 06:12 PM

Do you mean because the lockpicks disappeared after you used them on Room 507? There is another way to get into Hellouin's office--MaGs outlines it this way: SPOILER
Hellouin's Office: Look at the lock of far end door. Listen to Gus say he needs to find a way to get in.

Hotel Orphee: Go to the broken elevator and look down at the tool box. Take the hammer that miraculously appeared.

Hellouin's Office: Use the hammer on the door

Re: post mortem - 01/05/03 06:21 PM

Hi Jenny, No I meant if you broke into this rm. first, you never got a hotspot for a key on the endtable.......I did finish the game, but not by using this route...
Posted By: Jenny

Re: post mortem - 01/05/03 06:33 PM

That's odd, Bert--I didn't get this far before my game started doing strange things to my computer and I quit, but MaGs says in her walkthrough for both ways (Room 507 first or Hellouin's office first) that you get the key by looking closely at the drawer by the bed.

Syd, 507 was the one you lockpicked into (if you chose that route). I think the key was in the endtable to the right of the bed, but I wouldn't be prepared to put any money on it...

Re: post mortem - 01/05/03 06:51 PM

It is odd, The key is on the endtable on the right side of the bed, but I did'nt get that hotspot if I lockpicked that rm. first....dont know if theres another way around it going that route.....
Posted By: MaG

Re: post mortem - 01/05/03 10:12 PM

Bert,

If you didn't find the key in room 507, check the poster that is in the apartment of the Whytes. There is a hotspot at bottom left of the poster.

You should have no problem finishing the game if you broke in room 507 first. Check the wt for Path B - the is the path for room 507.

Good luck!
MaG
Posted By: rtrooney

Re: post mortem - 01/12/03 11:51 PM

I never found a key in room 507, but those that did, via whatever path they travelled up to that point, said it opened a box in the Whyte's apartment. I found the same key elsewhere. There are more than a few ways to get to the same destination in this game.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community