GB HOMEPAGE

For those of you that have played Darkness Within...

Posted By: red1970

For those of you that have played Darkness Within... - 11/17/07 03:53 PM

I got Darkness Within yesterday and I was reading the manual. This seems like a super spooky game! But from what I read is that there can be a chase scene? How hard was it to do and did it scare the daylights out of you??? LOL I love a good spook game but the chase scene has me sort of.....well spooked!

Ps. I haven't started playing it yet. I just want to know what I'm in store for!
Posted By: StarLite Moon

Re: For those of you that have played Darkness Within... - 11/17/07 04:19 PM

A chase scene, no way. My joints won't be able to handle it. I hate being chased, I'd rather stand and fight. I hate it even in dreams.
Posted By: MaG

Re: For those of you that have played Darkness Within... - 11/17/07 04:37 PM

Whatever chase scene is there; Howard the lead character does it himself. I just do whatever is needed when he stops.
There is no problem or arcadey stuff in the game.

Re: For those of you that have played Darkness Within... - 11/17/07 04:59 PM

Phew! That's good to know! Thank you smile
Posted By: Rushes

Re: For those of you that have played Darkness Within... - 11/17/07 08:55 PM

It's a tense moment and you do have to hurry and find a place to hide, but there's nothing remotely like any of the chase scenes in Delaware St John (by way of comparison). Those were knuckle-bitingly scary! eek

I found the underground galleries in this game very eerie.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: For those of you that have played Darkness Within... - 11/17/07 09:38 PM

So are there timed sequences or not?
And if there are, how generous is the timer?
Is there time to stop and think where you should go?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: For those of you that have played Darkness Within... - 11/17/07 09:41 PM

Jenny, I believe MaG answered that indirectly already.

Originally Posted By: MaG
Whatever chase scene is there; Howard the lead character does it himself. I just do whatever is needed when he stops.
There is no problem or arcadey stuff in the game.

Ana wave

Re: For those of you that have played Darkness Within... - 11/17/07 10:33 PM

I only played the first Delware St. John because of the chase scenes and not even all the way thru. Too creepy for me and it left me jumping in my chair after it was over! I'm sort of scarred for life from that lol.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: For those of you that have played Darkness Within... - 11/18/07 03:01 AM

Ok Boomers..........

I haven't loaded the game up yet...But you guys are making me so HAPPY !!!! ...WHy , cause I love love Spooky, creep out games...

Also ,,,Thanks MaG...I know now its nothing to worry about chase things grin

Re: For those of you that have played Darkness Within... - 11/18/07 02:20 PM

I started playing this last night and I have to say after a bit of confusion on the inventory, brain/think and underlining - I am LOVING this game! The beginning reminded me a bit of the console Silent Hill games with the creepy hallways. So far, this is a great game. smile
Posted By: Jenna

Re: For those of you that have played Darkness Within... - 11/18/07 09:52 PM

This is a very creepy, atmospheric game. I am not very far into it but the game developers have really succeeded in making a game where you feel a sense of nervousness as you play along. Not to give anything away but I knew at one point that I needed to go to a certain place. I was thinking "No...I don't want to go there!" That is pretty good when a computer game can cause that kind of unease in me.

Re: For those of you that have played Darkness Within... - 11/19/07 12:37 PM

Totally agree Jenna! Also not to give anything away, let's just say I didn't want to answer any knocking or go back into that house. This game is best played at night with no distractions to get the full on creep effect.
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: For those of you that have played Darkness Within... - 11/22/07 04:23 PM

well it got me .At one stage I had to leave the game for a while it really got to me lol
Posted By: Rushes

Re: For those of you that have played Darkness Within... - 11/23/07 04:16 PM

Cellars and basements in any spooky game never fail to creep me out, it's a nice psychological trick they play on us. There's always..something..down..there.... scared

I loved this game, I'm going to play it again real soon.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community