GB HOMEPAGE

Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost?

Posted By: Becky

Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/19/07 11:17 AM

This game is only available so far from the G2 shop, which apparently doesn't ship to the U.S. I'm curious to know if any of our European gamers are playing it, and what they think of it so far.
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/19/07 12:03 PM

I pre ordered from Play.com over a year ago & still waiting ...
Posted By: Dyl'smom

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/19/07 12:53 PM

I tried ordering this game from G2 about a month ago. After numerous emails to G2, Majestic Studios, and Tim Croucher I finally cancelled the order ( although I still have not received confirmation of this), since communication is very poor to say the least. I was never told they could not ship to the US, although my shipping info was included in each email. Its too bad the publisher has so little interest in customer relations, and I feel the developers have no input into the process. I was very disappointed in the whole transaction. I just hope I get my money back at this point.

Dyl'smom
Posted By: MSTUDIOS

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/20/07 11:05 AM

Dyl'smom, I have sent you a private message regarding this.
Posted By: FABLE

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/20/07 11:13 AM

Hi Becky,
I have been playing the game!!, I got a copy from G2....at last. Been waiting ages for it!

It is a shame the publisher is having problems releasing this as the game itself is brilliant even though I am stuck hahahahahaa!!

I do hope you get the chance to play it soon......

Great site by the way!
Posted By: Dyl'smom

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/20/07 01:41 PM

In response to my post concerning the problems I have had in dealing with G2 and obtaining Limbo of the Lost, Majestic Studios has graciously offered to send me one of their own copies (of which they only have 3), free of charge.
I explained to Steve that it was the publisher's lack of communication I was upset about, I think the developers are trying their best.
I have heard great things about the game, I hope they can get it out there as soon as possible.
Thanks to Majestic Studios!!

Dyl'smom

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/20/07 01:51 PM

Fable -- let us know how it goes! You are one of the very first to play it. And thanks for the encouraging comment re: GameBoomers. blush

Dyl'smom -- that's fantastic. I hope the developer will autograph it for you. laugh
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/20/07 02:12 PM

I am --- I love it.

inferno

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/20/07 04:50 PM

Hi All,
Well just an update really as I do not wish to spoil it for anyone, but I have to say the Game is a breath of fresh Adventure air in these times of poor and stagnent adventure titles. This is a 100% traditional adventure game and so much thought has gone into every part of it, from the levels to the characters to the puzzles.It really stays with you too even after you have torn yourself away from playing it hahahahahahaha. praiseI have played many games but rarely felt for the main character or the other characters, William Nilmates gets my vote for NPC of the year! hahahahaha praise

G2 if your reading this.............sort out your publishing probs!!! the Adventure world needs to play this game! thumbsup

INFERNO - Are you going to do a full review, seeing as you did the preview?? if so please do not let anything out of the bag!

This is an Adventure game that should not be spoilt by anyone prior to playing it. bravo bravo

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/20/07 05:08 PM

FABLE -- I would disagree strongly with your characterization of the current crop of adventure games. Also, the GameBoomers reviewers are professionals and do everything within their power not to spoil any part of the plot/puzzles when they write.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/20/07 08:11 PM

Sorry Becky I did not mean the current crop, I was talking generally regarding adventure games, I have played many and there are say a dozen that are great but quite a lot that are very samey, look at the games from ADVENTURE COMPANY they all use the same formula apart from a few.

I know you do not spoil adventure games with your reviews, it's just that there is alot in this game and a full review could spoil some suprises, I am sure INFERNO would agree.

I am mostly talking about full game reviews that you read on the web that in my opinion spoil some suprises, look at THE WITCHER, or OBLIVION reviews and you will see what I mean.

Again sorry did not mean to offend anyone.
oops
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/20/07 08:20 PM

Play.com have still got this for release April 2008. Waiting patiently.................zzzzzzzzzzzzzz sleep

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/21/07 05:31 AM

No worries --- I'm not offended. I wouldn't want to spoil this for anyone.

This is a huge game.

inferno

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/21/07 01:02 PM

Inferno - You did not mention if you were going to do a full review of it?

Hope so, so all the forum can get a taste of this great title.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/21/07 02:39 PM

Yes I will be. Can I count on you for help if I get stuck while playing?
inferno

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/21/07 04:24 PM

Inferno - If I can help then I wil, depending how far I have got hahahahahaha rotfl

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/22/07 01:51 AM

Boy are you gonna be sorry you said that ----- lol
I'm already in trouble --- please see the PM I sent you. Fable

inferno

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/22/07 09:32 AM

Inferno -PM replied hope this helps hahahahahaha

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/22/07 10:58 AM

You are my hero!

PS I've posted a message in Hints that if anyone else starts this game we are here to help. This game is absolutely grand.

I've started this game in ernest yesterday afternoon --- stopped about 1:00AM and got up around 4:30 to begin playing again --- it is so addictive.

inferno

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/22/07 11:22 AM

Inferno -PM replied

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/22/07 11:45 AM

Can someone ask the developers to send my copy & Upsydaisys copy to Play.com, please ......

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/22/07 01:35 PM

JennyP -- that isn't up to the developers, but to the publishers (G2), who apparently haven't sent this newly released game to online stores (except for their own).

It's puzzling.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/22/07 02:17 PM

Stranger and stranger! Limbo does not feature anymore on the Play.com website. Could this simply be a pricing issue? they had it for £17.99 with free postage. G2 have it for £29.99 plus P&P.
Perhaps Sherlock or Poiriot could help us here?? rotfl

Edit: just checked again Play.com are selling it again, usual release date, quote "suffering suckatash" (who said this??)

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/22/07 03:08 PM

Inferno - Just finished DARKMERE Level............WOW this game is good!! Going to have a break now as just starting THE MACHINE level...............Now this looks interesting

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/22/07 03:25 PM

Fable -- please don't stack posts together this way. If no one has replied to your post, just edit in your additional comments. Thanks! thumbsup

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/22/07 03:29 PM

oh sorry, just trying to help Inferno play this awesome game hahahahahahha will do from now on thumbsup

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/22/07 04:39 PM

Thanks FABLE! :Grin:

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/22/07 04:49 PM

No worries Fable --- You have no idea how much I appreciated what you are doing. You don't even have to post here to let me know that you have recieved or are sending me a PM ---I get them as emails as soon as you post the PMs.

inferno

PS Becks would you delete posts #235194 and # 235208? many thanks

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/22/07 04:55 PM

We aim to please.
Posted By: nickie

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/22/07 05:49 PM

Sounds great, can't wait until I get mine!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/23/07 04:15 AM

Hi smile

Upsydaisy ....

Play.Com is still showing Limbo of the Lost.
I saw it there just five minutes ago.
And so is Amazon UK. Although they are not showing a release date.

Cheers.

Mad yes

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/23/07 06:45 PM

Halloo Mad
Yes, I edited my post after checking again. Would you consider buying it from G2? its a bit pricey, think I'll wait until it's more readily available.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/23/07 07:09 PM

Hi Upsydaisy smile

I'm really not sure at all that the game IS yet obtainable from G2 ??

Does anyone know for sure ??

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/23/07 07:12 PM

Mad, have you seen This thread?

Ana wave

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/23/07 08:19 PM

Hi BrownEyedTigre smile

I have now !! lol

Thank you for the pointer praise

Cheers.

Mad broccoli
Posted By: gaily

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/23/07 08:27 PM

I went to the site and tried to buy the game, but I can't figure out the international shipping charges. I have not yet received a response to my questions about this issue. Does anybody have any clues? :/

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/23/07 08:52 PM

gaily, allow for time changes when waiting for a reply from them. They are located in Singapore and it is now past their business hours for a Friday and it will reopen on Monday. They do not open on weekends per their website.

Ana wave
Posted By: Miss B

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/25/07 12:55 PM

I ordered a copy from G2 in October, before they changed the UK release date. It finally arrived 2 days ago, and I've been playing almost non-stop all weekend. It's fantastic!! Get it from Singapore - get it from Sri Lanka - just get it. I ordered another copy from the IUTT site, hopefully it will arrive in time to give a friend for Christmas.
I'm on Chapter 2 now. The characters I have met are awesome, and the vocal acting is excellent. I didn't expect the comedic twist - horror with a haha-yuck! What a great surprise. Captain Briggs is wonderful - that voice! I think I'm in love!!

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/26/07 03:13 AM

Hi smile

Wow !!

Not many players yet but the game is certainly getting some great comments from the few that have managed to snag a copy thumbsup

I'm so pleased for the developers. They have laboured long and hard to get this game out praise

Cheers.

Mad tomato
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/26/07 06:26 PM

Oh gee, I may have to buy Limbo of the Lost just to hear the voice of Captain Briggs!

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/27/07 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: sierramindy
Oh gee, I may have to buy Limbo of the Lost just to hear the voice of Captain Briggs!

You will positively melt!. And his looks ain't bad either, Ladies. I've just finished this adventure. Review is forthcoming.

inferno
Posted By: Marian

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/28/07 03:42 AM

Score!! Our official eBay seller just listed another Limbo of the Lost for sale on eBay, and I just BAAG'ed it!! happydance smile

And there's yet another listing up now, for anyone who might be interested. wave
Posted By: Trisha

Limbo of the lost - 11/29/07 12:05 AM

Hello everyone I just purchased the game at ebay. I seen all of your other posts and thought I would ask someone if it was in English language. Does not matter but was just wondering. I hope there will be someone out there to help me when I get stuck. Thank you all Trisha thanks :USA:

Re: Limbo of the lost - 11/29/07 12:14 AM

Trisha, I moved you over to where everyone else is talking about the same thing. I do not see any available right now, nor do I know who you bought it from so, it would be anyones guess what language it is. duh I would assume English though. think

Ana wave

Re: Limbo of the lost - 11/29/07 03:17 AM

The game can be purchased here. I didn't see any copies available on Ebay any more, but that could change at any time.

Trisha -- as far as I know,the game has only been released in English, so as Ana says, that's probably what you're getting.

Re: Limbo of the lost - 11/29/07 10:20 AM

Becky you are quite correct, the game is in ENGLISH and the DVD free movie disc is in PAL and region free.

It also has full subtitles on the game too.

Re: Limbo of the lost - 11/29/07 10:38 AM

So why hasn't Play.com got it if its available in the UK ?
I am confused

Re: Limbo of the lost - 11/29/07 11:49 AM

The game has not been released in the UK as yet because of retailers (shops not web) not having a placement for it, this is because of the Playstation 3 and XBOX 360 xmas rush.

The game will be fully released in UK on FEB 29TH 2008.
The reason you can get it now from SRI Lanka is they had a web release there the other week. SRI Lanka are under English language.

Some copies that were ordered from G2 Games website before this retail issue happened have been fulfilled, any orders that were ordered under PRE-ORDER will be sent out on Feb 29th.

This is an issue that is hindering all publishers/developers this year trying to get PC games in before XMAS in the UK retail market.

If they trickle fed the orders instead of a full release this would create time for the title to be pirated. I hope you understand and thank you for your patience.........the game is worth the wait. Just ask INFERNO who is doign a review of the whole game shortly on this website. This by the way is a world exclusive.......................no other reviews have been done of the full game yet. You will see it here first!

Posted By: bombou

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/29/07 12:01 PM

I ordered Limbo about 20 days ago and have received my copy from G2 today...here in Italy. Not bad at all! Thanks G2!

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/29/07 03:05 PM

Hi smile

Well if people are able to get legitimate copies from somewhere I think that's just plain terrific !! bravo bravo

I know I can't wait to get MINE happydance happydance

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/29/07 05:59 PM

There appears to be more stock with the ebay seller now, if anyone is interested.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/29/07 08:55 PM

Looking forward to your review Inferno! Sounds wonderful from comments so far but with so many games to play & buy crazy - I'm way behind so will make myself wait for the Feb release of this from Play.com I think!! (I will wait, I will, I will... think maybe! grin) smile

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/29/07 10:49 PM

I'm with you, chrissie, I will wait until February too, I will, I will ... can I wait that long to hear that voice?

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/29/07 11:16 PM

Hi all, tech_store73 on ebay has got 5 copies, I have just ordered mine. £16.99 plus P & P. Be quick.........
happydance
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 11/30/07 11:03 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, Upsydaisy, I just ordered my game from them. happydance It looks like there are still 3 copies left available if anyone else feels they can't wait until February!

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/02/07 02:51 PM

Run don't walk for this adventure, fellow boomers.
inferno

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 10:38 AM

Becky - "Also, the GameBoomers reviewers are professionals and do everything within their power not to spoil any part of the plot/puzzles when they write."

Well there are spoilers to puzzles in the hints and tips section for this game by INFERNO before the review has been published. I do not think this is good considering the game is very new and already spoilers are appearing before the review.

I helped a lot INFERNO to complete the game so she could do the review no to post spoilers and ruin it for other players.

Could you get these posts deleted please, at least until after the review and then the tips should come from players not from the reviewer that has all the answers given to her.
INFERNO - We agreed not to do a wlakthrough for this or spoil it for anyone playing the game. Why the posts??

I feel as though you have used my help & go against what we agreed.

The game plays like a book/film, you would not want anyone to tell you the film or book before you read or watched it would you? especially before reading a review.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 11:39 AM

Fable -- Inferno has been responding in the Hints forum to specific requests for help from other players who are now stuck in the game. The game officially released through the G2 store a few weeks ago, and the GameBoomers who were able to get their hands on it are playing it. Inferno has been extremely careful to place everything under spoiler tags when she answers other gamer's requests for help in the Hints forum.

Are you saying that she should not help other people who are now playing the game and asking for help in Hints?

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 11:54 AM

Becky - I know what she has done, and yes I do think she should not respond to hints seeing as it was me who helped her complete the game from Chapter 2 right to the end. Also we both agreed not to spoil it for others, she is supposed to be writing a review of the game not spoilers for others, from info given by me to help her in her review.

If I had known she was going to do this with the info I would not of helped her! It took me weeks to complete the game, it took her only days, do you see my point?

This I think is as bad as the developers themselves giving her a full solution and then her using it on the forum to help others, the knowledge was not gained by herself and noone spoilt it for her or me, that's the whole enjoyment and point of adventure games.....is it not?

I wonder what MSTUDIOS would think......care to comment MSTUDIOS??

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 12:18 PM

Fable -- if someone is stuck in a game and asks for help, I don't think that person would be upset if one of the few people who has actually played the game agrees to help them.

Though some people enjoy spending weeks and weeks playing a game and hours and hours solving a particular puzzle, there are other people who want help after awhile. smile

As you can see by how busy our Hints forum is, this is true of almost all adventure games, not just Limbo of the Lost. Hundreds of people visit the Gameboomers Hints forum because they are stuck, even (sometimes) desperate for a solution. lol That's one of the things we do here, try to help people.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 01:17 PM

Becky - I totally inderstand what you are saying but you still do not get my point. I helped INFERNO because of the review, The game is very new and if people get stuck then ...hey that is part of the gameplay, Ok after it has been about for a few months then sure help and hints will follow from players but not from reviewers who have got the info from others to help their review. The knowledge gained from me was to help progress to aid the review this was done via private messages, not to just pass on to someone who after having the game a short while gets answers to their problems. I really feel strongly about this and do think that walkthroughs and solutions to just released games, especially Adventure/puzzle games hurts the genre and the players experience. The joy I got for completing some of the puzzles only helped the experience, it did not go against it.

I could send a solution to this fantastic game which took ages to develope so the players could complete it easily, but I would not as this would kill the experience for the players, yes a solution in 3 months time would be fine but not weeks after people have got the game!

I know hardend adventurers like myself would not use a solution or a cheat but as I quote from INFERNO from a private message -

"......this game should not have a walkthrough it would spoil it!"

Knowledge is best earned by oneself, rather than given away and obtained without effort.

You learn nothing by just treading in the footsteps and being guided by others.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 01:27 PM

Fable, you are my hero for getting through this game on your own! And I do understand your desire that everyone else should be persistent for months and months until they come up with the solution on their own.

But can you see my point that there are gamers with different goals, who don't find it enjoyable to be stuck? And that if we waited a few months before helping them, they simply would stop playing the game altogether?

Four or five months from now, most of the GameBoomers will have moved on from Limbo of the Lost, having enjoyed as much of it as is possible for them, and will be playing one of a dozen new games that will soon be releasing.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 01:28 PM

Hi,
I have just read the last posts of this forum topic and I must admit that when review copies are sent out for reviews, we do ask for no spoilers to be done via the review or from the review copy. I am not sure if INFERNO got this info, but I do agree in part with what FABLE is saying and in part what Becky is saying as a service to players.

I for one do not like stategy guides or hint books or walkthroughs as they do kill the gameplay created by the game no matter what the genre. In fact we as developers would turn down any offer from PRIMA GUIDES for a guide book even though it would create revenue for us.

Players will always help players on this genre, but info gained at time of review should not be used I think. That and reading FABLE's posts looks as though they had an agreement and it has not been upheld.

The game did take a longtime to create and many hours to design the puzzles and overall flow of the game, al the puzzles are 100% logical, and there are clues everywhere, you just need to look and listen. It is sad that as a designer a puzzle could take a week to go from design to completion and some even longer and adventure players are asking for help only a few days after getting stuck......maybe that is the nature of the beast?

Becky can you not have a rule on the forums that only players not reviewers are allowed to post hints and tips? then these can be shared by the community as they play rather than just given out?

By the way when is the review coming out? INFERNO emailed me last week saying she was finalising it from a few questions she asked me.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 01:35 PM

Hi MSTUDIOS -- yes, that is the nature of the, um, gamer. smile

When GameBoomers received the review copy, it came with no extra information whatsoever, just the game.

We did not have any idea that you as developers preferred that gamers should be refused help with the game when they request it.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 01:46 PM

Becky - I did not say gamers should be refused info when they request it, I said reviewers should not use their position and exclusive (yes this is an exclusive review!) insight to a title to help gamers as this is not very professional to the industry. Forums are for conversing and this forum in particular is for adventure players by adventure players, INFERNO should of got a disclaimer with the copy, seeing as she did not then I cannot hold this against her or GAMEBOOMERS but reviewers in my opinion should stay neutral and also act respectfully against the product and the developers to do with spoiling the experience.

At least we at MAJESTIC know for the future and any more product we release, whether it be LIMBO 2 or any other game.

Thanks

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 01:46 PM

I for one can tell you I never would have purchased my copy of Limbo of the Lost if I would not get the occasional nudge in a game because I would be so backlogged in games I would have no need for new ones. I consider myself fairly intelligent and a good gamer, but when I truly am stuck, I have no problem asking for help instead of sticking to it for weeks. Life is too short and my game time is too limited.

Inferno is a most professional reviewer and kindhearted lady and for her to be chastised for helping others is just a slap in the face. To ask for no spoilers in her review is one thing, but to ask her not to help in a Hints forum is just over the top.

Ana

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 01:56 PM

BrownEyedTigre - If I helped you with the solution to a game you were asked to exclusively review, would you then use that knowledge to help players before the review was out, knowing that you had a free review copy sent from the devlopers for this task?

Do you see me (the 1st person to complete the game on this forum) posting solutions and spoilers to it?....No! because I do not want to take away the experince that you will get from playing it. And you will get a great expereince.......believe me!

If you look back at these posts you will see I touched on this issue and then was told off by Becky to even think such a thing, reviewers are professional she said..............go look at the hints section, now go look at the review section.....I rest my case!

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 02:03 PM

Fable, those that she helped would have considered her to be rude knowing that she has played the game and not helped them. It is the nature of a gaming forum to help each other, not just this one, but all of them.

I have beta tested games and therefore have helped out until a walkthrough was written. I have never been chastised for it by a developer, quite on the contrary, I have been thanked for helping. In my wildest imagination I could not have thought that someone helping another person get through a section of a game they were stuck in could be considered anything other than kind to give of their time to help. duh Color me confused...

Ana

Posted By: texaslady

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 02:06 PM

I personally would never ever spend months trying to solve a puzzle. I have other things to do in life that are more important than spending that much time working on and fretting over one specific puzzle.
We will take any help in Hints from any member of GB that has played a game.
Inferno should not be slammed for using her knowledge of this game to help members. If no disclaimer was included with the review copy, I see no problem with her assisting.

Sue

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 02:14 PM

"Inferno should not be slammed for using her knowledge of this game to help members" - It was not her knowledge to give, it was mine. I just feel betrayed by INFERNO after we both agreed not to do any spoilers or walkthroughs, then she posts the spoilers.

I helped because I wanted the forum to see and read about this great game, not so it would be easy for them to play.

I am not saying anymore on the subject and I will not be posting any solutions regarding this game or any other game on this forum as I just do not believe in ruining the experience for others.

INFERNO has let me down, in return for hours of helping her to complete the game ready for the review.

Thanks INFERNO.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 02:27 PM

Gameboomers is first and foremost a forum that helps gamers and promote adventure games in general. If the process involved goes against the nature of what we are, it would be best not to proceed.

The help given by Fable had a rider and MStudios, the developer wants the gamers of his product to jump through the hoop first before they can enjoy the game - it would be best that a review of this game by GameBoomers not be done.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 03:35 PM

I find this very interesting; Fable and MStudios have the same IP address. Coincidence perhaps? think

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 07:30 PM

I don't believe in coincidence.
Steve, from your first postings against your fellow developer Motrau, it was clear you have a real problem. As good as your game may be, your ego may well get in the way of it being a success. I regret this very much, because it also affects Motrau through no fault of his own.
Your requests about not giving out hints is unreasonable and unprecedented in the gaming world. Do you really think gamers will ponder your game if they don't get help on it? Inferno was helping out of the goodness of her heart, and now you try and cheapen that with your wild accusations. Are you that new to the genre that you don't know developers usually gladly give hints to their games - and are happy when reviewers care enough about the game to help others enjoy it too?
I for one am no longer interested in playing your game.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 08:26 PM

Good Grief!
Spoilers and walkthroughs are one thing, help and hints are another thing altogether, so why are they being mixed up here? I look at spoilers for games I'm not interested in all the time and I always get a walkthrough if I can find one for the games I am playing. As for help, when I need it (and let me tell you I am the one to decide when I need/want help, not anybody else) I look for it in several places and again that is my choice. I like the help I get here at GameBoomers very, very much, but I also have other places that I check out.
As for reviews, there are times when I do not even bother with them. I made up my mind about Limbo of the Lost days ago and I'm not going to change it now, lucky for you.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 11:36 PM

Hi.

Well. I am disgusted that anyone feels they have the right to lambast Inferno in any way when she gives so generously of her time in so many ways to help so many people.

And has been appreciated for doing so by all of us here at Gameboomers for a very long time.

Also, I feel it might be pertinent to know whether all the development team members at MSTUDIOS feel the same way as the one who is posting .... because as far as I am concerned this apparent "address" link between Fable and an MSTUDIOS person absolutely REEKS !! sick

Mad mad

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 11:42 PM

Makes you wish we didn't rush out to get the copies available on ebay doesn't it Mad? I was really looking forward to it, ironically because of the praises by Inferno, and now I feel like using it as a dart board. Quite sad if you ask me....

Ana
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 11:48 PM

Makes me glad I waited. I was looking forward to it, but now will take a pass. After all, I wouldn't want to insult the developer by asking for help.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/03/07 11:56 PM

WoW !!!!

I really wanted this game also...Because Inferno said how much she liked it... And to run ..not walk to buy it..

Hints..Are so important to me..

I would think the developer of this game would be proud to have GameBoomers staff give the game a great review & walk through think

Just decided I won't be BUYING this Game!!!!!!!
Posted By: Sly One

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 01:37 AM

I agree with all of you. I actually ordered the game and it has finally shipped today, but if it hadn't I would have cancelled. Again, I ordered because of what Inferno said about the game. I believe most of us did. I am one of those who needs the help and the hints and yes even the walkthrough. Doesn't spoil my game at all. And for someone to think that they have the right to decide what is good for me just ticks me off. They really have spoiled this game. Instead of the excitement that Inferno instilled here it has now been replaced with anger and frustration. Is that what Adventure Gaming is all about? I think not. This is the best forum around by far and I will always come here for help and advice. How dare they?
Posted By: catsmom

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 02:06 AM

They lost me as a customer. I wont be buying this game. So glad I waited smile smile
Posted By: Marian

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 02:12 AM

I purchased this game on eBay BECAUSE of what Inferno said about it; ironic, isn't it?
Posted By: kjos

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 02:13 AM

I guess I won't be buying this game also,I always use walkthrough and hints and if I can't get them here--well.
Richard
Posted By: niteowl07

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 02:22 AM

Wow - how sad to rave about the thing that would sell the game , and make it a pleasant experience . Hope the disc I won't be playing can be packaged with others as a coaster set......
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 02:23 AM

FABLE and MStudios...are you listening...? :/
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 02:33 AM

I really think they Owe Inferno an apology..

As well as GameBoomers..
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 03:27 AM

I think they owe GameBoomers whole family an apology, for intruding on a happy family. I've been a member for a long time and this is the first company I've seen do something like this. I say we stick with all the companies we've had such good relations with over the years. There are certainly enough of them to keep us entertained. Keep up the good work you've always done, Inferno!
Posted By: friedmonky

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 04:03 AM

I feel that an apology to Inferno, as well as all of GameBoomers, is required.

Same ip addresses huh? Very interesting. :/

I guess some people just don't understand the saying about not biting the hand that feeds you. duh

Rusty

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 05:59 AM

Hmm, looks like Limbo is really getting Lost! Oh well, I still intend to buy this game come February, if it actually does get released by then. Miss B really sold me on the game with her post about her reaction to the voice of Captain Briggs.
As for FABLE, in his (her?) post on November 22 (page 3) he actually mentioned 2 levels in the game by name in his excitement at playing it and I would count that as spoilers which is why I'm not repeating what they are called. True, it is a small slip but even so it shows some carelessness there. A case of "do as I say, not as I do" maybe?

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 06:45 AM

I have been quiet long enough. and I wish to say thank you to my GB Family ... you have no idea how your support has touched me.

For the record, if one intends to quote another it is always a wise idea to make sure that it is correct.

Fable stated and quoted that I said the following in a private message to him:
"..this game should not have a walkthrough it would spoil it!"

that just is not correct --- here is what I said in my PM (which I still have):

Quote:
I thought about writing a walkthrough for this -- but I think it would ruin it. The ending should be kept secret. Don't you think?

which means that I would not write a walkthrough --- and I won't.

And I have never mentioned anything except for the pure love of this adventure and my excitement for it here in the Discussions Forum. As a matter of fact in my First Look --- I didn't mentioned any spoilers within the demo... and won't either.

From my reading of these posts here I can tell you all here at GB that the betrayal has not been conducted by me.

I did ask for help that is true. But "Fable" introduced himself as a fellow gamer to us at GB, and had stated how he had "worked for weeks solving this adventure" and this was why he was upset when in truth he was one of its creators all along. Betrayal? Yes, today I have been taught the meaning of this word quite well and so have many of my fellow boomers.

As for helping out in the Hints forum, my effort and mind set was only to "pay it forward" to assist a beleagured boomer...but always with spoiler tags. And now I'm happy to report that I am not the only one who helped. Gratefully, that is what we all do here.

I feel very sorry for Tim and Laurence... who are being put through this embarrassment. How could you do this to them, Steve? How could you hurt your production this way... all along you are Fable. IP Adresses don't lie. What did you think you were playing at?

I was never told that I was doing an "exclusive review for the world at large" --- until I read it here in this thread.

Quote:
Just ask INFERNO who is doign a review of the whole game shortly on this website. This by the way is a world exclusive.......................no other reviews have been done of the full game yet. You will see it here first!

The only "exclusivity" I had been given was a piece of info about the adventure itself. Something I was asked to keep quiet about and I will honor that.

While it is true that I did indeed fall in love with this adventure and have completed my review, I will not be submitting it here or anywhere else as this wild tirade has compromised it and me. How unfortunate for you -- our membership and the game. I am returning it to Becky so that she may send it back. I can do nothing else but this as the game has been singularly destroyed for me.

inferno
Posted By: metamorphium

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 06:49 AM

I am really not sure who Miss B is though. Registered only to post about Limbo of the Lost (similary to Fable), from England, using the same wordings and the one of the very few who "got" the game from the official source. think

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 10:02 AM

Gosh, this is so sad, and totally unnecessary. Inferno and the other reviewers do a truely excellent job, as do the walkthrough writers and others on hints and tips.
It must be so difficult not to add the odd spoiler when reviews are written, that what makes them so interesting to read and makes one keen to buy the game.
I realise that games cost a lot of money to develop and developers want us to have as enjoyable experience as possible. But, surely its an individual's choice to read reviews, walkthroughs, post hints and ask for help. No-one is twisting their arm to do so. Cheer up folks!! :cat:

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 10:24 AM

Hi,
I and MSTUDIOS have never slammed INFERNO, all I said was that usually a disclaimer goes with a review copy to make sure nothing is leaked, this includes code and game ideas, the review copy came from G2 not from MSTUDIOS. I have spoken to INFERNO personally and helped her with her review and questions regarding the game and the team. I whole heartedly agree with alot the forum is saying, I also can see where FABLE is coming from, FABLE was one of our playtesters on the game and I have spoken to him regarding this issue. He just feels upset that the help he gave was to help INFERNO with the review and he thought he and INFERNO had an understanding regarding hints, and solutions, this obviously was not the case, I have asked him to refrain from posting on this site under this topic as this clouds the matter. MSTUDIOS has done nothing but help INFERNO and others on this forum with question regarding G2, shipping and the game itself. One copy was sent out to one forum member personally by myself when they had been let down by G2.
The forum member who mentioned MOTRAU.......he is open to this forum and can post when he feels fit, at the time though the game was not complete and security protocol had to come into play.
I apologise for any ill feeling, this has been sorted now and I look forward to the review of the game.

Kind Regards

Steve Bovis
Creative/Project Director
MAJESTIC STUDIOS

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 10:39 AM

Which part of "it would be best that a review of this game by GameBoomers not be done" did you not understand?
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 11:20 AM

How sad that so many of us we're looking forward to this game and have now decided not to buy it.I alway's look for a review of a game before I buy it,Inferno writes great reviews after reading one you pretty much know if your gonna buy it or not.I'm alwaya looking in the discussion forum to see how players like a game,and as for the hints forum.All my games would be half finished if I couldn't go there for some help,or to look at the walkthrough.In my opinion it's a shame that Inferno was slammed like that,I won't be buying the game either.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 11:26 AM

Does anyone else hear music from The Twilight Zone playing when MSTUDIOS posts? whistle

Sue

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 11:38 AM

How sad. I have never come across a software company who has managed to put so many peoples backs up so unnecessarily.
Its a shame as the game looks great.
Inferno, please don't let this put you off reviewing.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 11:48 AM

Hi smile

"Does anyone else hear music from The Twilight Zone playing when MSTUDIOS posts?"

Well, maybe when the "Creative/Project Director" posts shame

Mad yes
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 11:49 AM

I too was looking forward to purchasing this game but in light of this shameful verbal attack upon Inferno I think I will also pass. I am a pretty good gamer myself but I do have the need from time to time to ask for hints or glace at a walkthrough. Life is too short and too many games to play to ponder over one game,no matter how good it may be,for months at a time for a solution when all one need do is ask for a hint.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 12:28 PM

Hi,
I have apologised to the forum regarding FABLE and his posts, this will not happen again, the reason for the same IP address is that we have a single machine for internet which is seperate from development machines because of security on our network.
The review is an exclusive given to GAMEBOOMERS regarding the title and noone else yet worldwide. To post the review is entirely up to GameBoomers, but the game should not be slated or MSTUDIOS for FABLE's opinions which are his and not MSTUDIOS.

FABLE is only a minor part of the team and working on localisation playtesting. His opinions are not the opinions of MSTUDIOS and the rest of the team.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 12:49 PM

Steve....sell it to someone else. Last I looked in the mirror it didn't say stupid across my forehead. Honestly, give it a rest already and tell your alter ego Fable to do the same. shame

I feel very sorry for the rest of your team. They must pay for your mistakes. How sad for them...

Ana

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 01:09 PM

GameBoomers was not given a review of Limbo of the Lost as an "exclusive." The game arrived without a letter from the publisher or any other documentation (which is not that unusual), and everyone here assumed that it was sent by the publisher in the usual way and that review copies were arriving at every other adventure site and every other game site.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 01:24 PM

Hi Becky,
I can but apologise for the lack of info from G2, but can asure you 100% it is a world exclusive, I have told INFERNO that personally via email. No other web site or publication is reviewing the full game as yet. Not even Just Adventure.
I wanted GAMEBOOMERS to have the first full review and instructed G2 to send a review copy (I asummed they had past on the info to you).

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 01:37 PM

Will you please post Inferno's name correctly? She does not post her name in all upper case letters. You and FABLE just don't seem to be able to get that right.
I'm also not seeing an apology issued to Inferno on this thread. But I still see the posts that question her integrity.

Sue
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 01:42 PM

Just adding my two-bits, for what it's worth; I won't buy a game until I've read a review and I also check the rating score given by the reviewer.
I feel I've been insulted also, since I do rely on hints and walkthroughs to get through a game when I'm really stuck. It does not take away the enjoyment I get out of a game.

MSTUDIOS, I think you've tried to apologize in your own way, but just doesn't cut it with me; I will not buy your game.
My personal feeling is that you/Fable came here with full intent to manipulate/control Gameboomers.

I'm really glad I read this thread; what an eyeopener.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 01:45 PM

"I apologise for any ill feeling," I posted this about 12 posts up. As well as sending Inferno a private email.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 01:47 PM

Perhaps you and your alter ego FABLE should have sent Inferno a private email to begin with. Hmmm???

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 01:52 PM

I will lock this topic while I ponder the extent of the insult given to a beloved Staff and to the intelligence of the members of GameBoomers.

Re: Is Anybody Playing Limbo of the Lost? - 12/04/07 02:59 PM

I have read this thread and past associated threads over and have acted.

All throughout the postings written by MStudios and the postings done under his other guises - especially the one under the guise of Fable were meant to deceive the members as well as the adventure gamers everywhere that read our forums. Untruths are present on all of them.

In doing these deceptions, a terrible insult was given to a beloved member and Staff. That alone is cause for an action.

GameBoomers has a responsibility to the Adventure Community to present information and to help. Aside and of equal importance is the protection of our wonderful members and that includes the wonderful Staff that give their precious time, knowledge and love freely.

Both these obligations were compromised by one person and one person alone - NOT by the company he represented, his fellow developers or the game he produced. So as a single entity, he and his multiple personalities are not welcomed in GameBoomers.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community