GB HOMEPAGE

The Apprentice - freeware game worth a look

Posted By: ratracer

The Apprentice - freeware game worth a look - 09/16/03 10:47 AM

Hi
I just started playing The Apprentice and, so far, it looks like it deserves the praise it has been getting. The art and humour are wonderful and a-plenty... get it here... it's freeware!

http://herculeaneffort.adventuredevelopers.com/app1.html#top

Pib is a young wizard apprentice...
Posted By: Liz

Re: The Apprentice - freeware game worth a look - 09/16/03 05:05 PM

Cool, thanks, ratracer.......looks pretty good!!
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: The Apprentice - freeware game worth a look - 09/16/03 07:22 PM

Questions - I have downloaded this to hubby's harddrive and want to put it on my computer - since it is labeled "freeware" does this mean I can 'burn' it to a CD? Can I then share it with my friends who are not online by GIVING, not selling, them a copy of it? I do not want to violate any copyright laws here. Thanks
Love, Betty Lou
Posted By: lakerz

Re: The Apprentice - freeware game worth a look - 09/16/03 10:54 PM

That sounds fair to me Betty Lou.

I enjoyed playing The Apprentice. It was a nicely polished game. I enjoyed the hidden puzzle as well! I am always amazed at what the amateur community is putting out to the public domain. I think I better stop using the word amateur to describe these games. smile
Posted By: Bryansmom

Re: The Apprentice - freeware game worth a look - 09/17/03 06:26 AM

I just downloaded that game a few days ago. It's very well done for an amateur game.
Posted By: Ramothus

Re: The Apprentice - freeware game worth a look - 09/17/03 07:50 AM

Well this is how pathetic I am with even a simple adventure--what is the secret puzzle? I made it thru the story with a little help but I am clueless to the secret puzzle but I have an idea what it might be.

Can someone give me a little clue and I'll try it again.

I am hoping that someday with a lot of practice and many walkthru tips I may be able to do an adventure game without tearing my hair out. I am not this bad in strategy games like Starcraft, er... well a little bit better than this I should say, hopeless in flying and mechwarrior type games but I am determined to keep practicing. The only games I have no interest in are sports esp. golf games which I valiantly tried a long time ago and ending up giving the disc to my dog as a frisbee.

Marianne
Posted By: ratracer

Re: The Apprentice - freeware game worth a look - 09/17/03 10:37 AM

Betty Lou, I think freeware means it free for distribution be it downloading from the internet or by CD... in any doubt you can always ask the author...

BTW, I couldn't find the hidden puzzle also...

The only minus about the game is that it's too short
Posted By: VHLMagic

Re: The Apprentice - freeware game worth a look - 09/17/03 11:08 AM

Hi all,

Is there anywhere I can get hints for this game?
I have gotton only so far in the game and am now walking around and trying the same thing over and over and getting nowhere with it.
So far I have the scroll,sandwich book,pail of milk,plant book,blanket and coffee grinder cleaned out.
Posted By: unicorn

Re: The Apprentice - freeware game worth a look - 09/17/03 11:42 AM

I found a walkthrough on the same page, where you downloaded the game wink

Enjoy, Sylvia wave
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: The Apprentice - freeware game worth a look - 09/17/03 03:00 PM

OK. It seems that it would be OK as long as I am not trying to make a profit off the game. I think it would be a nice touch to offer this and a couple of other free games on a CD (they're cheap enough to burn several copies on non-rewriteables) and give them away....
Love, Betty Lou
Posted By: SirDave

Re: The Apprentice - freeware game worth a look - 09/17/03 06:31 PM

I would d/l this game sooner than later and use Mirror2 since Mirror1 doesn't work- something about the account hasn't been paid up or somesuch!
Posted By: VHLMagic

Re: The Apprentice - freeware game worth a look - 09/18/03 10:31 AM

Hi,

Thank You for the info smile
Posted By: lakerz

Re: The Apprentice - freeware game worth a look - 09/18/03 10:34 PM

The secret puzzle was pretty tricky. I had to get a hint to figure it out. I don't want to give any hints on this thread though since people may accidentally read it and get mad. Anyone interested can always start a thread on the hints forum though.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community