GB HOMEPAGE

From Feeble Files arcade to endgame

Posted By: LadyKestrel

From Feeble Files arcade to endgame - 05/20/04 03:05 AM

Woohoo!! Excuse me while I jump up and down a bit! happydance After many, many hours, I finally finished the Simon the Sorcerer arcade sequence in The Feeble Files. If I never have to balance another dwarf, hit another goblin on the head, nor figure out the ingredients for another pot of swamp stew, I will be a truly happy gamer. laugh
Posted By: tigger

Re: From Feeble Files arcade to endgame - 05/20/04 06:37 AM

Well done LadyK, you must get the GB award for perseverance smile Did you 'save up' or manage to get 3 or was it 4 arcade games in one run??

Tig
Posted By: Kickaha

Re: From Feeble Files arcade to endgame - 05/20/04 07:53 AM

Congratulations Lady K!

I gave up on the game here - perhaps I should have had chocolate for breakfast too.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: From Feeble Files arcade to endgame - 05/20/04 12:34 PM

Congratulations...Bet you feel great!

Re: From Feeble Files arcade to endgame - 05/20/04 02:07 PM

Peter, you missed loads of it then... LadyK, did you save just after finishing the arcade?? Maybe you could send it to me so I can keep it available for others who get stuck....

Hopefully,

Tig wave

Re: From Feeble Files arcade to endgame - 05/20/04 02:41 PM

Tig,
I tried a combination of things. If my reserve was getting low, I'd just try to complete several first round games (5 tokens each) to build it up. If I completed a first round game with one of the more difficult of the 6 puzzles, I'd try for the second round because the odds were better that it would be one of the easier puzzles. Finally, when I knew I was close to enough to the 200 tokens needed for the Super Virtual machine, I tried for the third round (100 tokens) and won enough to use the machine and earn my ticket to the zoo!

Peter,
Chocolate kept me from raving like a maniac when that annoying voice said, "Sorry! You lost! Come back and play again soon!" mad

I do feel great, BET! There's more to do before I finish the game, but at least I won't have to deal with icky stew and equally icky goblins anymore! laugh

Re: From Feeble Files arcade to endgame - 05/20/04 04:59 PM

Tig,
My saves will only work for the Mac players, I'm afraid. I'll hang on to them if anyone is interested.

BTW, if anyone is playing this game in Mac OS 9.2 (Classic or otherwise) there is a patch from Epic Interactive Entertainment that keeps the game from freezing. I have the web address, if anyone wants it.

Re: From Feeble Files arcade to endgame - 05/26/04 02:46 AM

I edited the title of my previous post because I finally made to the end of The Feeble Files! happydance happydance happydance
[wipes brow and pours a tall glass of wine]

I have such mixed feelings about this game. I think it was one of the funniest but also one of the most difficult games I've ever played. Up until this point, Traitors Gate was at the top of my list of toughies, but I think this one takes first prize. The regular puzzles were clever and fun to solve while really boggling my brain, but the timed sequences have added new blue words to my vocabulary and a whole new patch of gray hairs to my head!

Was it worth it? Very definitely! Will I ever play it again? Maybe, but not anytime soon. laugh

Re: From Feeble Files arcade to endgame - 05/26/04 07:42 AM

Its one of my fave games LadyK, glad you got to the end smile

The saves for Mac players would be very useful!!

Hugs

Tig wave

Re: From Feeble Files arcade to endgame - 05/26/04 03:07 PM

Tig,
I never knew that figuring out the date could be so difficult! lol
© 2024 GameBoomers Community