GB HOMEPAGE

Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED!

Posted By: billy

Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/23/05 04:28 PM

Hope it's alright to post a press release here? (I posted everywhere else and didn't want to leave out 'Boomers')

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants

San Diego, CA - February 23rd. - WRF Studios today releases a new PC adventure for Windows
Posted By: nickie

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/23/05 06:26 PM

Hi Billy! wave Sure glad you let us know. I just ordered it as well, so I now have a full set, with your early DOS game and then the older CD one. I liked them very much, so I am looking forward to seeing how much progress you've made. Plus, it will work on XP. happydance

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/23/05 06:27 PM

Thanks everyone - I appreciate the support.

Bill
Posted By: TuesdayNext

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/23/05 08:30 PM

Tried the demo on my 98SE - no cigar. Now I'm downloading it to my XP. We'll see.

tuesday next

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/23/05 08:53 PM

Demo played in XP-SP2. Looks good. I was surprised to find a bathroom that looks worse than mine.

tuesday next

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/23/05 10:47 PM

Hi, I got an email from Bill since he was wondering why the demo wouldn't work on my 98SE. I didn't realize that I only have DirectX version 7.0 on that computer. It's probably because I only play older games on that computer and haven't needed to download v.9. I just wanted to clarify that because I wouldn't want him to lose business from WIN98 customers just because it didn't work on my computer.

tuesday next

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/23/05 11:28 PM

That was sure nice of you Tuesday Next, to come on and explain that. bravo
Posted By: Bryansmom

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/24/05 07:17 AM

Hi,
I have a couple of questions before ordering (It looks like a great game, by the way):
The website mentions bonus games or content, so does this game also include the first Last Half Of Darkness game? Also, the online version of the first game has static screens in first person viewpoint, and we chose verbs and then just clicked on each screen (and there were no hotspots). Will the sequel be like that, or will it be more like a modern game with lots of places to explore? I have dial up, so I hesitate to download the trailer, so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Posted By: Sandy Sleuth

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/24/05 03:32 PM

Is this game a sequal to something, or a brand new release? Sounds unique!

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/24/05 05:00 PM

Bryansmom: That demo has very few hotspots - there are more things to examine and explore in actual game. There is no Examine, Move, Use, Take verb commands - the cursor will simply change when something can be done. The bonus games do not include the first part of the last half of darkness - that can be found on other old DOS game sites.

It's sorta a new chapter in the "Last Half of Darkness" story.

Thanks
Bill
Posted By: teresa

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/26/05 12:04 AM

Have to comment. Sent email to wrf studios asking about price to Canada, postage etc - got a reply in 2 hrs. Now thats service

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/26/05 12:15 AM

P.S Just typed in Last half of darkness in search engine and found a walkthrough which gives the game inf.
Posted By: Ditlihi

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/26/05 12:16 AM

From what I can see this looks like a first person style game,can anyone tell me if this so.
Posted By: manxman

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/26/05 01:47 AM

teresa,
what was the answer to the Canadian question? smile
Posted By: LenG

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/26/05 11:00 AM

~~ Ditlihi ~~

YES !
1st person. eek
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/26/05 02:57 PM

Can one assume that there will be voice overs as opposed to actual dialogue in the game. I know it's sort of hard to talk to the cementary patrons (lol) but will there be at least a second person for our hero to talk to? I some how feel shades of Amber Journeys here.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/26/05 09:29 PM

Manxman - answer quote No additional cost to canada, just click regular "buy now" link. Dont have to click foreign link Unqoute. I did this and found all countries listed. Im going to try to buy the game here if not I will order it. good luck. Now immersed in Mysterious island>
Posted By: Gimme

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/27/05 03:34 AM

Good idea nickie, except I don't have a spam program. Haven't needed one since changing my isp a year ago. Have sent Billy a e-mail, just waiting for a reply now.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/27/05 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fildil:
Just a quick question. When I clicked on the Buy Now for this game, I got a message something to the effect that their security protection was not valid. I'm afraid to buy anything that isn't secure. Anybody else get this message?

Fil
Fil, are you talking about the site certificate? I can't remember if I got that warning or not, but the credit card transaction itself was secure.

Sorry Gimme, that wasn't helpful then. blush Since the game is being distributed by a one man band, Billy may just not have been able to handle all of us at one time. I'll bet you get it shortly.
Posted By: Carole

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/27/05 05:24 PM

I ordered mine on 24th and have received receipt from paypal, but nothing on shipment yet. I cannot remember who, but a bunch of us had a great time playing the first part a while ago. I am looking forward to a repeat of the group play if and when we get our games. I still remember trying to figure out what to do with that axe and trying to smash everything with it.
Posted By: fildil

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/27/05 05:41 PM

Nickie, when I click Buy Now I get a message: The security certificate has expired or is not yet valid. When I click on View Certificate it has the dates 10-14-02 to 10-14-04. Does this mean anything? If no one else had a problem, I'll just order it, but I wanted to check first. Thanks.

Fil
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/27/05 05:43 PM

fildil, I'm sure the site is fine. I ordered with Paypal through the site without a hitch.

Ana wave

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/27/05 09:13 PM

Thanks everyone who has ordered the game! All orders are sent promptly - so if you didnt get a notice - you should still receive it soon.

Not sure about the site certificate - You're getting transferred to PayPal's site at that time - I will look into that.

ALSO... there is a patch to update to v1.4.1 - please install this patch (after you've installed game) if you have an earlier version - its not mandatory - however I want everyone to have the most enjoyable playing experience possible. (Sorry - but Im always seeing room for improvements)

http://www.lasthalfofdarkness.com/patch.htm

Thanks
Bill

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/28/05 02:33 PM

I'm taking a liberty here.
Bill is in USA West Coast, and hence 10 hours behind me.
To obviate the loss of ALL Saves ... I'm writing this NOW !!

I'm pretty certain that there's a very simple way of avoiding this **BEFORE APPLYING PATCH 1.4.1**. I've just now emailed Bill but I dont know when he'll get to it ?!
When he does, he may slightly update the patch.

In the meantime, to be perfectly safe ......
(1) BEFORE APPLYING PATCH look in your main LHoD folder and save the file savenames.dat ... it doesn't matter where you save it !
(2)Apply patch
(3)**Replace** the (new) savenames.dat file (which you get in your main LHoD folder, as a result of implementing the patch) with your own original savenames.dat file (which you saved) !

Bill may add to this (or subtract) when he gets going (your) Monday morning.
Hope you don't mind me 'jumping the gun' like this ?!
But I know how frustrating it can be if you lose all your Saves ... especially if you've progressed a long way and have to start again right from the very beginning.
Posted By: TLC

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 02/28/05 11:59 PM

Ana, Mine came too. happydance I played a little of it and it seems to be spooky. scared I think I will enjoy it. wave

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/01/05 12:23 AM

Well it looks like I'll have company in Hints then if I get stuck... happydance TLC...I'll be starting it right after dinner....Chief, I think you made a good choice, it looks great.

Ana wave

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/01/05 12:44 AM

Manxman - I called customs today to find out what was required to get a game from the states and I was told there is a charge of $8 (can) when it comes thru customs at the border, then it goes to Toronto where you are charged an extra $5 handling charge plus all taxes. It then comes to you with a bill for the extra. So I guess I will be waiting for it to come out here or go to the states to pick it up. very disapointing, I really wanted to get it, maybe bill can tell me when its comign out in canada.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/01/05 05:06 AM

I have tried to get the little movie clip to run (the short and the long one) and after it loads and it says it is playing, it is just blank with no sound. Plus, I have tried downloading the demo, and it will not run for me. So now, I am wondering if this game will run on my computer or not. I have a Nvidia Riva TNT 2 video card. Is there a problem with that card for this game? My computer meets all of the specs listed for the game, but now I'm afraid to order it.
Thanks,
Beth

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/01/05 05:07 AM

TLC,
Don't leave us hanging like this. Give us a little preview like the graphics, settings, inventory...anything. I just can't wait until I finish TMOS so I can begin this game.
Posted By: dmtomchick

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/01/05 10:00 AM

I'm not TLC, but I'll be happy to give my opinion of the game. bravo
The game is very very spooky eek and I found myself jumping in my chair even when playing during daytime hours! thumbsup There is a lot of exploring to do, as you're in a big old mansion. The house reminds me somewhat of a homage to The 7th Guest, only with more scary spots and without those frustrating puzzles. thumbsup There is a lot of inventory to find and use. The puzzles are not overly difficult, but there is this one maze you eventually will get to that is very hard. It is very neat how you get to the maze in the first place, a very unique idea. I still haven't gotten through it, and ended up with a big headache the one time I tried to navigate it. cry It looks like there are only 9 save slots, so you will probably have to overwrite previous saves. There are many things to examine on your visit, and not too many people to converse with. You pretty much only have to use the mouse, except when typing in a password or two with the keyboard. It's a "first person" game. I think the visuals are very well done, and the sound effects and music are excellent! I have not finished the game yet, but thus far, the story is very good, and things are falling into place so I know what is going on and what I need to do.

I did have a really, really difficult time installing the game, I think I tried 4 or 5 times before it actually installed, but it was well worth the wait. The disc spun around for quite awhile before I could begin installation, and also the same thing happens when I'm getting ready to play the game--I have to wait a bit for the game to load. (I am running a brand new computer with XP,and SP2, and way more than the minimum specs, my video card is Nvidia GeForce 6800 GTO). Again, it's worth the wait.

Bill has done a great job with this game, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked up by one of the publishers after they get the pleasure of playing it!

Now I just hope some of you will hurry up and start it so you all can give me a hand where I'm stuck in the hints fourm! rotfl

Dawn :kiss:

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/01/05 10:30 PM

Dawn,
Thanks so much for that mini preview. I can hardly wait to play this one. I hate to hear about the maze but I am sure you or some other Boomer can help me find my way out or send over a saved game(lol). Well today is 1 March and maybe I will have it in my hot little hands by the week end. Thanks again for that very insightful review.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/02/05 03:43 AM

Rusty...yes, it's about monkey/creatures. I can't even begin to say how much I'm loving this game. I do believe I am nearing the end and I don't want it to stop. Totally awesome! Bill, you did GREAT!

Ana wave
Posted By: friedmonky

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/02/05 03:50 AM

Ah, so it is! I hadn't even read what this game was about until a few minutes ago. blush

Rusty smile
Posted By: Mordack

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/02/05 06:39 PM

For the Canadian folks, I just received my copy in the mail with no extra duties. What I do and have done in the past is to add a comment to the shipper when placing the game order for them to mark a value of 15 dollars plus "gift" on it. So far I've not been charged anything extra.
Now to open it...

Mordack
Posted By: Becky

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/02/05 07:06 PM

Happy Birthday, Mordack.

I hope Last Half of Darkness is an all-day birthday cake surprise. Slow down and savor every forkful.
Posted By: Mordack

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/02/05 07:19 PM

Thank's Becky, my 12 year old daughter say's that I have one more year of youth left. Of coarse I through my cane at her.

Game still installing...taking awhile.

Mordack
Posted By: Becky

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/02/05 07:38 PM

rotfl The young don't understand what youth is. Just wait until you're as old as I am....

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/03/05 01:55 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bryansmom:
[qb] I have tried to get the little movie clip to run (the short and the long one) and after it loads and it says it is playing, it is just blank with no sound. Plus, I have tried downloading the demo, and it will not run for me. So now, I am wondering if this game will run on my computer or not. I have a Nvidia Riva TNT 2 video card. Is there a problem with that card for this game? My computer meets all of the specs listed for the game, but now I'm afraid to order it.

Bryansmom: You and I often have the same problem with some games. I'm having a great deal of difficulty installing. I'm going to work with it a bit, and email the developer. frown
Thanks,
Posted By: Sassafras

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/04/05 01:16 PM

I received mine yesterday (yay!) and I must say the ambient sounds are very creepy and I was nearly scared to death in the dining room. Love it!

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/04/05 11:15 PM

Thanks, Nickie! I was going to order the game, but I think I will wait to find out if it works with my video card. If it needs T & L, then it won't work. We hope to get a new computer this year, so hopefully it will still be around and will work with that one.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/04/05 11:16 PM

REQUIREMENTS:
- Pentium III (or faster)
- 128 MB RAM
- 32 MB Video RAM
- DirectX 8.1 Compatible Sound Card
- Windows 95/98/2000/ME/XP

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/05/05 12:33 AM

Received mine today and my husband almost didn't get his dinner on time. Great game, am really enjoying it. Wonderful story and has scared me a few times. I have a lot of notes and may not need them, but afraid not to have them, just in case.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/05/05 01:13 AM

Hi Carole, I can relate, it was very hard for me to put it away the night I started it. I really wanted to stay up and finish it. I loved the game, it made me jump quite a few times as well and that is not normal for me. Enjoy your evening. I may just decide to replay it tonight.

Ana wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/05/05 02:58 PM

Nickie, did you ever get it to run--I was thinking of ordering for myself and MIL but if it is finicky to get to run--then perhaps not!

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/05/05 05:48 PM

Finished last night and sorry to see it end. Only thing I did not like was the maze-hate those things. Good job! May play it again myself. bravo
Posted By: connie

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/05/05 06:42 PM

I just finished the game.It was excelent.I too was sorry to see it end. thumbsup
Posted By: challis3

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/05/05 07:08 PM

Loved the game- jumped out of my seat a few times- even when I knew what was coming!

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/05/05 07:56 PM

Thank you all for the kind words about my game! Im glad you are enjoying the game.
(I may use some of the quotes) If there is enough positive feedback I may be able to present it to a publisher and distribute it in stores.

Thanks again.
Bill
Posted By: Dudemom_2000

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/05/05 09:02 PM

I ordered mine on the 3rd and got it today! Now that's fast service! I can't wait to play this game...

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/05/05 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnBoy:
I ordered mine through paypal and have yet to get a confirmation email. duh
Did you get a confirmation from Paypal that it went through or are you waiting for a confirmation from Billy? The only email I got from Billy was to tell me it shipped, in the meantime I had the email from Paypal stating it went through.

Ana wave

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/06/05 02:47 AM

I did get a message (very quickly) after e-mailing the makers of this game regarding my technical questions. They said that T & L should not be necessary to run the game. They have listed some questions for me to answer about my computer's specs, to try to figure out why the video and the demo won't run on my computer. I think Nickie is having the same sort of trouble with the demo, so hopefully we will find out the answer.
Posted By: housewife

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/06/05 08:57 AM

Johnboy..I also order the game, and got confirm e-mail from paypal, and also the money was withdrawn from my bank account, but no, I didn't get an e-mail from billy that the game has been shipped yet.. duh

I will wait, because I know billy is very busy with all the orders he has been getting and it is understandable if it takes a little while longer..But not to much okay Billy...

I need a new game to play..and I am very anxious in playing this one...It's been a while since I have been anxious in playing a game..And this one looks promising...

Liz
Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/06/05 01:44 PM

I did not get a confirmation from paypay, but when I go to the site the funds that were there are gone and it says they were sent to Billy. But no confirmation from either party. duh

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/06/05 02:59 PM

I ordered the game and got a confirmation from PayPal for the transaction, but I got no email from Billy. The game arrived yesterday and I can't wait to play it. Of course, there is no walkthrough for this game yet (I always need one as a crutch laugh ) so I wonder how many times I'll be asking for help at the Hints Forum. whistle

Fil
Posted By: TLC

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/06/05 04:08 PM

Fildil, Billy wrote a WT. Here it is, http://www.lasthalfofdarkness.com/walkthrough.htm

wave

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/06/05 05:14 PM

Great TLC, thanks for letting me know. happydance I hate being such a wimp about walkthroughs, but I just have to have one before I load a game. My security blanket apparently. laugh

Fil

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/07/05 08:07 PM

Bryansmom and L4L, I have the game installed and running now and it usually plays beautifully. It is particularly sensitive to any programs running in the background.
It is a lot of fun!

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/07/05 09:28 PM

Wow, what fast service. Mine just got here.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/07/05 11:27 PM

Speaking of great service, Bill has been working with me in e-mails, trying to figure out why I can't get the demo to work. Since my computer meets the specs, we have come to the conclusion that it is my dial-up connection having problems with downloading it. Bill has actually offered to write a small demo for me to try! I have written him and told him that I don't want him to go to that much trouble, and I am going to order the game tonight. If the game doesn't work with my computer that I have today, I am sure it will work with the new computer we plan to get this year. I think Nickie and I have similar computers, so the game will probably work with this computer. I'm just amazed at the great service and caring about his customers that Bill has shown! I'm now a permanent fan of any game he makes.
Happy gaming,
Beth
Edited to add: lol

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/08/05 09:04 PM

Hey, I like zoo tycoon! lol But LHOD has some jump out of your seat minutes. and I guess you could say tycoon doesn't. I'm having fun with it! scared

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/08/05 10:01 PM

I like zoo tycoon too.! lol

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/08/05 11:58 PM

I like Zoo Tycoon, too! In fact, I have spent hours making my zoos (concentrating more on the playground construction aspect for some reason, instead of animal habitats) and then looked up and realized it was morning! After I ordered Last Half of Darkness, a screen came up with the names of some of Bill's other games, and Funhouse of Terror is one of them (it will be included on the CD-ROM of Last Half of Darkness). In it, we will be able to create a scary amusement park with an emphasis on the terror! So I think that will be even more fun than Zoo Tycoon. (Although, letting the T-Rex out of its cage in Zoo Tycoon does have a lot of thrill value....) lol
Posted By: Sassafras

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/09/05 01:23 PM

I just finished LHofD and I LOVED it! Bravo Billy! Very creepy, lots of places to explore, and great story!

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/10/05 11:41 PM

My game arrived today! I'm just waiting for my son to go to bed before I start the game, because he will be over my shoulder watching (and commenting) otherwise! lol Nothing like a 12-year-old boy watching over your shoulder to take you out of a game environment!

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/11/05 01:05 AM

Bryansmom, be prepared to jump out of your seat! Put the lights down low late tonight and enjoy! scared

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/11/05 04:59 AM

I have all of the lights off, so the only light is coming from the computer. I've been playing for about an hour and a half now.

Just before I went online to write this note, I had a horrible scare!! I was in one of the bedrooms of the game, looking around, and happened to look down because I thought I saw a movement. There, next to my hand on the desk was a real SPIDER! I felt like I was nearly having a heart attack! For a second, I had to think of whether it was a real spider or part of the game! Wow! As if I haven't had enough scares from this game already! lol

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/11/05 06:34 AM

rotfl Hmm, I don't think Billy included that in his game??? But ask him about his first release! laugh
Posted By: Happy Gamer

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/11/05 04:02 PM

Oh Nickie.....I just can't get this game to install and wondered since you had problems if you could share any tricks???? It tries to install but keeps freezing...I know I more than meet the requirements...thanks so much.. smile

Happy Gamer

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/11/05 08:21 PM

Aw Happy, sorry you're having a problem. Have you checked if ANYTHING is running in the background? The game is really sensitive to virus protection, firewall, and if there's an activity center enabled (like mine is called hp center, for Hewlitt Packard). I felt really silly when I saw what a difference it made to turn all that off! I hope your problem is something simple like that, but if it isn't, please post and we'll try to figure out what's going wrong!

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/12/05 02:03 AM

I had to disable my McAfee virus protection to get the game to install. I thought that it would be okay after that to turn it back on and run the game, but the game wouldn't run with the virus protection on, so I had to turn it off again. Just be sure to turn your virus protection back on after you've finished with your game playing session; especially before you go online! (If you happen to have McAfee, if you disable it, the letter "M" in your toolbar at the bottom right of your computer will have a black background instead of a red background. Make sure it is red again before going online).

Also, I found that since I just ordered and received my copy of the game, it was the most up-to-date version, so I didn't need the patch. So it's good to check the version you have before downloading the patch. You can check the version from the menu screen; I think under "credits."

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/12/05 11:04 AM

Quote:
You can check the version from the menu screen; I think under "credits."
Very good suggestion..
AFAIK, the latest version is 1.4.3 (Yes :- under "Credits"). If you have that, there's no need to patch.
Anything less is probably worth while patching ... it's only about 4MB. www.lasthalfofdarkness.com/patch.htm
Posted By: Funktion

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/16/05 02:06 PM

Just curious, is the game on a pressed cd or a cd-r?

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/16/05 04:56 PM

I don't know what a 'pressed' CD is ?!
But mine has the reverse side completely 'painted' white with "last half of darkness" splashed all over it in black and "Shadows of the Servants --- WRF Studios" superimposed in black print.
Posted By: Funktion

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/16/05 06:37 PM

I said "pressed" as in factory pressed, with painting on one side.

Not that it matters much (it was just out of curiosity, since the game apparently has a printed manual, I was just wondering about the cd since the recent copies are already updated). I'm ordering it anyway. smile
Posted By: popcorneater

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/16/05 06:43 PM

I have just finished this game..I couldn't stop once I got into it! happydance

Loved the scares..and I jumped eek ..silly goose that I am. And loved the twists and yes I want to see what's in that locked room. thumbsup

Ingie laugh
Posted By: Linds

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 03/16/05 08:06 PM

I also recommend it. Once I started to play I couldn't stop until I finished. Hope another one from Billy comes out soon.
Susan bravo
Posted By: goopiekat

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 04/01/05 01:39 AM

My question is, is it a shoot-em-up (with all sorts of wacky weapons) or a good ol' fashioned horror thriller, along the lines of the Dracula series (Resurrection, Sanctuary, etc.).

Thanks!
Goop

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 04/01/05 01:03 PM

Quote:
is it a shoot-em-up (with all sorts of wacky weapons) or a good ol' fashioned horror t
thriller
Not a weapon in sight ! bravo thumbsup
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants RELEASED! - 05/01/05 10:48 AM

Hi Billy, I hope you are able to get a publisher because I would love to see this game in the stores. I just played the demo video and it looks like my kind of game!

I don't order games online so I hope you will really try and get it in stores!

Good Luck it looks terrific in the video! bravo bravo
© 2024 GameBoomers Community