GB HOMEPAGE

Still Life Impressions

Posted By: challis3

Still Life Impressions - 04/22/05 09:31 PM

I don't mean to irritate those that have not yet received this game, but I just have to say- WOW! I remember feeling this way when I played Syberia for the first time- the quality, all around, is incredible. I am only a few hours into this game but I will hate when it ends!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/22/05 10:04 PM

That is great to hear Page...I have it sitting here ready to be played happydance if only I can pull myself away from Divine Divinity lol It will definitely be next....yippee!

Ana wave
Posted By: Chief

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/22/05 10:46 PM

Ana, go for it, it's a good game. And you will like the chapters with Gus, very mysterious atmosphere.

Have fun and good evening lol

Chief wave
Posted By: Pirate_Hunter

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/22/05 11:53 PM

I did play the demo and it was very good so I definitely expect a lot from this game. I prefer this game than Syberia because of adult content and serious detective investigation. Syberia is nice but story is kiddy like.
Posted By: manxman

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 03:23 AM

Just finished Still Life and I am suffering withdrawal. cry What a great game!! I have not been so immersed in a game since Black Mirror. For more reasons than I can say, I hope there is a sequel to Still Life. Such fun! bravo
Posted By: nolalou

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 03:55 AM

Hard to belive someone already finished this game! How many hours did it take. Manxman? Did you listent to all the optional (right click) conversations, as well as the nessecary ones?

Louis

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 04:41 AM

Louis it took me about 15 hours spread over the last 4 evenings. I did not right click all of the conversations. Once in a while though just to get extra information.
Posted By: maggie57

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 05:36 AM

Hello-

I just recieved an email from Amazon, they said that since it is late getting to me, they are shipping it overnight without it costing me. Nice of them I think. I will be so happy to get it.

Maggie lol
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 11:36 AM

manxman,
So how soon can we expect a Walkthrough from you? lol

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 12:38 PM

I've never done a walkthrough lexxy, but there are lots of hints in the Hint forum by myself, looney and Mordack (esp. Mordack the magician smile )

Perhaps Mordack would like to do a walkthrough smile
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 01:28 PM

Wow Manxman--you are one fast player-- wave

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 01:33 PM

It goes quicker when you work with another player like Mordack smile
Posted By: looney

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 03:55 PM

I have 2 words... wow! and wow!! This is one of my top 5! I'm ready to replay already!

I'm so sad that it's over! cry

So many questions tho....I sure hope there's a sequel and soooon! laugh

Special thanks to Mordack! praise And Manxman! praise
Posted By: Mordack

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 04:24 PM

Twas fun playing as a team...eh?

It reminded me of another game....
"There were three ravens sat on a tree,
Down a down, hey down, hey down...
They were black as they might be,
With a down...
The one of them said to his mate:
"What shall we for our supper take?"

Mordack

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 04:28 PM

Mordack, did listen to all conversations? I did, just had to! lol
Posted By: Mordack

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 04:55 PM

I listened and read everything.
Posted By: mszv

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 05:49 PM

Thanks for the update - I'm really looking forward to this game. I'd better order it!
Posted By: C'ris

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 07:01 PM

I just downloaded and am playing the Demo. Wow, it is good. I'm going to order it definitely. This is the thread that started me looking for it, so thanks guys:)
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 09:04 PM

Is this game pure adventure, point and click. Or is it action-adventure, any time sequences?

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 09:21 PM

Hi Catsmom2! This is pure adventure,point and click, the only action is in the cutscenes (which are awesome!!)

No timed puzzles, 2 sliders and one little tiny baby maze that you can not get lost in even if you tried! bravo

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 09:48 PM

Thanks Looney :kiss: I called my local game store and they havent heard about it.But their web site says it comes out May 3rd.Someone told me it had action in it, so I had to be sure before I buy it. Seems it must be a short game I recall reading the posts here that you just got it..or is it soooo good you cant stop playing?

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 09:54 PM

It was so good I couldn't stop playing it! happydance

I started it thursday and next thing I know, here it is sat! eek lol
Posted By: Sandy Sleuth

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 10:09 PM

Man, now I REALLY can't wait to get my hands on this game!! Me and JKEerie will be teaming up for this one! Can't wait! bravo

Are the sliders hard?

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/23/05 11:26 PM

Sliders not too hard Sandy, one is small and the other is really unique! I am lousy at sliders and I did 'em so they must not be bad at all! lol
Posted By: ramona

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/24/05 01:13 PM

Thanks Looney for the info that it's pure adventure. That seals it, I am going to get this one.
Posted By: SKIPPIDY

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/24/05 01:15 PM

Thanks for the update wave
Posted By: Arianne

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/24/05 02:00 PM

I just finished it yesterday. It's definitely worth playing. The graphics and design are top notch and the story kept me at the edge of my seat and immersed the whole time. smile
Is anyone else just a little disapointed though? I finished the game in two days, probably much less than 15 hours with help on only one puzzle. I'm surprised because this game is aimed at the young adult market and yet some of the puzzles are for kids they're so easy. There are tons of beautiful scenes, but you can't do much in most of them so it's not hard to figure out what items you have to use. Syberia had much more difficult puzzles I thought.
Also, the story could have been developed more. It starts out interesting and unique and then transforms into another jack the ripper version with lots of loose ends to boot.

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/24/05 10:12 PM

i've played the demo but i want to know if the game is in europe already or when i can bye it in European stores smile
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/25/05 03:35 AM

Is anyone in here playing Still Life with an ATI Radeon 7000 video card? Someone who posted over in glitches is having problems, and I was wondering if it could be the card.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/25/05 03:56 PM

juventus_dzd -- Welcome to GameBoomers! welcome

I've enquired, and I've looked through the UK online stores, and there doesn't seem to be any information currently available as to when the game will be released in Europe. frown
Posted By: nolalou

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/25/05 06:14 PM

I'm still not very far along in this game, but I'm realy enjoying it! I'm trying not to rush though it, so it won't be over too quickly!

Louis
Posted By: Linds

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/25/05 06:19 PM

I'm jealous. I can't play mine. Even when I disable McAfee I keep getting virus messages every time I put in the CD to play so I just uninstalled it. I going to try and contact the Adventure Company to see if they can help.

Susan frown
Posted By: JKEerie

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/25/05 11:59 PM

In their usual form...Amazon.com now has the game available for $19.99 shipping "in 24 hours", directly from Amazon.

They always do this: Mess around with their pre-orders. Give you impossible dates and other sites to order from. Then once the game is released, give it a week and it's like it was there the whole time! rolleyes

So...my copy is on order and Sandy Sleuth and I will be enjoying this game on our next visit! You guys have us all psyched!!!! happydance

Cheers...

JK
Posted By: Vizagoth

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/27/05 02:03 AM

"If you played Post Mortom, you might remeber that your lead character was named Gus McPherson. That was the first game in this sequel. Yes, I said SEQUEL! Still Life involves Gus's Granddaughter, Victoria. Both Post Mortom and Still Life tie in together with very similiar murders. This sets us up for the last game to this trilogy. All she knows is that there WILL be a sequel to Still Life, but they don't know when it will be released, or by who, although she kinda hinted that UBI SOFT might be doing it, since they bought Microids, but she wasn't 100%.

Found on another board and attributed to a source at Microids.

Viz
Posted By: ramona

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/27/05 03:27 AM

I love the graphics and interface of this game. I am blown away.
Posted By: Ang

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/27/05 02:04 PM

I love this game. I am also taking my time and taking it all in. I don't want this one to end. frown
Posted By: Llewton

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/27/05 04:56 PM

In case you haven't seen it Lexxy, and everyone else for that matter, MaG wrote a walkthrough for the game located here:
http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcSs/stilllife.htm

Enjoy,
Bill
Posted By: Sandy Sleuth

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/27/05 06:24 PM

So The puzzles are easy, that's good news! I think I'll let JK do the sliders though! ( I HATE Sliders!)

Viz,
Are you saying that Still Life is actually the sequel to Post Mortem?

Sandy
----------------------------------------------------
Playing The Moment Of Silence
Posted By: Ang

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/27/05 07:21 PM

Hi Bill. Thanks for that info. I will only use it if I get soo SHTUCKK that I have no choice. Also, Geezz that was fast, Mag the Magnificent. :kiss:
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/27/05 09:21 PM

The only good thing about not receiving my game yet is that I shall still be enjoying it when everyone else is suffering withdrawal symptom
Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/27/05 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JennyP:
The only good thing about not receiving my game yet is that I shall still be enjoying it when everyone else is suffering withdrawal symptom
lol Me too! I still have not seen it anywhere in the New Orleans area yet. I like to support my local stores so most the times I will just wait.

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/27/05 09:32 PM

Wow John Boy!I thought UK people were unlucky to wait so long. Try dvdboxoffice. They ship free to the whole universe . I would love to go to New Orleans, as would my dreadful teenage son as he is a jazz trumpeter.
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/27/05 11:40 PM

I only started playing a couple of hours ago, and decided to come up for air. So far ... so good! The opening intro grabbed me immediately and the storyline seems to be right up my alley.

Susan
Posted By: nickie

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/28/05 12:09 AM

Vizagoth, I edited your post slightly to exclude a huge spoiler. thanks
Posted By: Ingrid

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/28/05 02:24 AM

I received my game yesterday from interactcd, they were terrific as always with the best overseas postage rate. I installed it right away and only wanted a quick look what the game is like - 3 hours later I was still at it! I just love this game, the violence and profanity are nothing like what you have to put up with in movies these days. A big plus for me is that you don't get killed every 5 minutes. The detailed graphics are great.
Posted By: CBSection31

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/28/05 02:44 AM

Okay, I just completed Still Life, and have been avoiding all threads about it until now.

WARNING: Spoilers lying ahead, so stop reaidng if you haven't completed the game!!!

Okay, so, to sum up my thoughts: WOW!!! eek This might be my all-time favorite adventure game, aside from the Gabriel Knight series! Never before have I been so drawn into a game's story, and what a story it is!

If I HAD to complain about anything (and you'd really have to force me to complain), it would only be on the game's irratic level of difficulty. I managed to complete the game without any walkthroughs, which is good, but - to me - it felt like the game was, for the most part, ridiculously easy, interspersed with extremely challenging puzzles (especially the lock picking one, IMO). I wish there had been a little more consistency in the challenge level, but this is just a minor complaint.

Also, what did everyone think of the ending? It DEFINITELY leaves open the possibility for a sequel (here's hoping!). Oh well, I guess you can't have everything...maybe in a sequel, hehe.

Overall, I would definitely give this game 10/10. The best adventure game I've played in a long, long time!!! laugh

::goes back to rewatch the cinematic sequences::

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/28/05 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by nickie:
Vizagoth, I edited your post slightly to exclude a huge spoiler. thanks
OOOOOps,I am very sorry. I wasn't even thinking about it being a spoiler.
Viz blush

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/28/05 05:05 AM

CBsection : edited your post a bit as well. thanks PLEASE EVERYONE: DO NOT POST THE END PLOT !
Unless the thread is titled that way, as in "Plot spoilers thread". Appreciate it! With other spoilers, if you could write it with some room between your spoiler caution and your information, that would be much appreciated as well. A lot of folks want to hear your impressions, and it could ruin the game for them to actually find out the ending ahead of time. Thanks everyone!
Posted By: CBSection31

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/28/05 09:22 AM

Oops, sorry nickie. blush It won't happen again! smile
Posted By: Tyke

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/28/05 10:19 AM

Wow!!! I am in the UK and I pre-ordered Still Life from dvdboxoffice...they shipped it on the 21st of April and I received it this morning, 28th! is that fast or what happydance happydance

As you can tell...I am one happy bunny bravo

PS. All I need now is my pre-order of Martin Mystere to be on time and I will be in gamer heaven!!!!!!!
Posted By: deez

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/28/05 01:15 PM

Great news Tyke I'm still waiting for mine frown
I can't wait!!
Posted By: Syberian

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/28/05 02:04 PM

Blimey Tyke, you got your copy before me cry
But i am glad it arrived safely for you, see i told you DVDboxoffice were pretty good. Must now check out Interactcd, see why everyone is praising them.
Enjoy Still Life luck

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/28/05 04:18 PM

Guess what. dvdboxoffice has been incredibly quick & my game has just arrived.
And I went brunette today!
Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/28/05 05:39 PM

Got mine today, but cant start it until ive completed M of S.
Posted By: Tyke

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/28/05 05:58 PM

Syberian and Deez...Sorry you haven't received Still Life yet frown

I am crossing my fingers and toes for you both and fervently hopeing you get it tomorrow bravo

Johnboy...Congrats on getting your game too bravo

Take care you guys smile
Sue

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/28/05 07:46 PM

Thanks you all for understanding - I can sure appreciate wanting to discuss the game, as it is an exciting one, isn't it? I see that a new thread has been started specifically about the ending, so anyone that wants to discuss that can do so on that thread, without worrying about revealing just a bit too much!
What does everyone like best about the game?

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/29/05 01:49 AM

Thanks for writing what you wrote about spoilers Nickie. I havent played or received the game yet so it helps not knowing how a game ends.
Wonder why its taking so long for the game to come to a store?

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/29/05 11:57 AM

Quote:

How about asking this one in a couple of weeks when more members have finished the game?
Viz

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/29/05 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vizagoth:
Quote:
[b]
How about asking this one in a couple of weeks when more members have finished the game?
Viz [/b]
I'm sure the subject will be asked several times, but I am interested in hearing initial impressions by those already posting about the game.I'd like to know what is grabbing people so quickly about the game - is it graphics, dialogue, the ease of puzzles?

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/30/05 02:25 AM

**************SPOILERS************

I have always been interested in the Jack The Ripper murder cases. The fact they were never solved is food for thought. The games draws you into the world/mind of the investigator. It is quickly evident that you are dealing with a psychosexual murderer who creates his trophies before the actual crime is commited. One can not help but wonder if he created the artwork as a plea for help or if he wanted to be stopped from committing the crime.

Viz

Re: Still Life Impressions - 04/30/05 06:25 AM

Or perhaps he's taunting the police, reveling in how much more clever he is?

Re: Still Life Impressions - 05/01/05 02:01 AM

Makes a little more sense now. laugh There are times that the brain is faster than the fingers.

The police knew who the killer was, so there was no need to taunt them. Maybe it is as simple as "life imitating art"?
Viz
© 2024 GameBoomers Community