GB HOMEPAGE

Character creation in Icewind Dale

Posted By: CraigR

Character creation in Icewind Dale - 03/09/07 03:40 PM

I just got a copy of the original Icewind Dale in a used book store.

I've never played Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (or AD&D) on paper or on a PC. So I don't know what attributes (e.g. constitution, intelligence, etc) matter the most for each of the classes (e.g. fighter, mage, etc).

Can someone give me a quick sumnmary of what attributes matter the most for each class?

Once I have this info, I think I can put together a fairly balanced party.

Thanks,
Craig
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Character creation in Icewind Dale - 03/09/07 04:04 PM

Hi Craig

If you click on the link I supply there is a char dev faqs on it. HERE.

Hope it helps.

Cathy wave
Posted By: nickie

Re: Character creation in Icewind Dale - 03/09/07 04:57 PM

Thanks Cathy wave That's a good guide. A short generic answer is that you need intelligence for your mages, strength for your fighters, and dexterity for your thieves and archers. You want to give everyone reasonable constitution points too.
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Character creation in Icewind Dale - 03/09/07 06:16 PM

Edited by TM: 03/11

Re: Character creation in Icewind Dale - 03/09/07 07:49 PM

Cathy,
Thank you VERY much!! Exactly what I was looking for.

Nickie,
Thanks for the summary. Very helpful.

Shantideva,
Given I'm brand new to the Icewind Dale universe, and this is the first AD&D Forgotten Realms game I've ever played, all I can say is I have no idea. smile

Thanks to everyone!!
Craig
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Character creation in Icewind Dale - 03/09/07 09:20 PM

Your welcome Craig. Have fun and enjoy your new game. You have much learning to do grasshopper. lol

Cathy wave
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Character creation in Icewind Dale - 03/11/07 02:56 AM

Let us know what party you create. That's one of my favourite parts of the game!

Re: Character creation in Icewind Dale - 03/13/07 04:36 PM

I created a party with 2 dwarf fighters, 1 human mage, 1 human thief and 1 half-elf bard.

I maxed out all the critical stats for each class by taking away from the other non-essential stats (e.g. for fighters took points from charisma and put them into constitution).

I'm not very far into the game. Still in the first town. Talking to everyone, buying stuff for the party, etc.

Thanks again for the help.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Character creation in Icewind Dale - 03/14/07 04:00 AM

Justa couple of suggstions:

You will likely need a cleric or a druid for healing.

Also, your thief will become ridiculously good at some point, about halfway through the game. If you haven't played for too long, you might want to make sure he or she can be dualled later on, to a mage, perhaps. At a certain point there is little advantage to having a pure thief.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community