GB HOMEPAGE

Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved)

Posted By: ikonius

Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 02/27/07 05:03 AM

Well, not really stuck, because I know there's a part of the well wall that feels "different" . I've tried whacking it with my steel pipe but, all it does is repeat the text, and I don't get to do any actual whacking frown To those of you who've played SH2, is there a specific distance where I should stand from the wall to allow James to whack at the bricks without having to read that darned "feels different" message over and over?

Ikonius

P.S.: I couldn,t find an actual wt that gives this kind of very specific info.
Posted By: nickie

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 02/27/07 07:58 AM

Hi Ikonius wave I'm not really sure why, but this can be tricky to make work. There isn't any trick to it that I know of - just standing square to where the wall is different, and a few hits with your pipe should work. frown

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 02/27/07 02:31 PM

thanks nickie. Just found the solution. Just hitting space bar only calls up the subtitles. You need to hold the F key down and then hit SPACEBAR. D'OH! (problem is, you never really need to do that while you anywhere else. It's probably only necessary when in close quarter conditions like the well or other tight spots.)

Well, problem solved. Thanks!

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 02/27/07 04:16 PM

Ohhhh. Yes, I guess that is possibly the same problem some folks had with making the keys unlock gates, if I'm remembering the complaints correctly. Glad you got it sorted out and have fun!

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 02/27/07 07:03 PM

Now I have the same problem, but with opening that darned shelf beside the employee elevator at the hotel I can't for the life of me get any other message than "the shelf is empty" , and not "I can store my items in here" . Trying to open it does nothing.

Any suggestions?

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 02/27/07 08:35 PM

Is this where you're dumping your inventory items? Hopefully someone will come along that has played this more recently, and remembers how they did that. Probably something similar to before, but I just don't remember the process, sorry. There isn't any mention of this in the manual?

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 02/27/07 11:56 PM

No manual. I got this game through GameTap.

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 02/28/07 12:28 AM

Oh. Well if someone doesn't come along that knows the answer, and you need it, here is a link to download the manual.

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 02/28/07 01:36 AM

much obliged! will look at it smile

EDIT: uh-oh... probably not a very good idea. Whenever I want to click on the blue arrow that says "Download" , screen changes to a black screen that says "Lan'X has raped your system" or something like that . *scratches head*

Think I'll run my spyware/antivirus scan.,

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 02/28/07 02:10 AM

well, solved that too.

It appears that in order for James to be able to store his stuff on the shelf, you need to trip another flag beforehand. You need to go inside the elevator and look at the button panel, THEN go back out and you'll be able to access some extra options in the inventory, including "put on shelf".

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 02/28/07 05:41 AM

Oh no Iconius! eek I didn't get anything like that when I tried the download. GB has used that site without a problem for some time - I'll look into it.
Glad you're merrily sorting out everything yourself though! laugh

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 02/28/07 06:03 AM

yeah, it's so sorted out in fact that I've just finished it! and it's 1am! Can't wait to try SH3, even though it's twice the size of 2!

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 02/28/07 06:12 AM

Good for you! praise I guess you enjoyed it, since you're looking forward to SH 3! laugh

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 02/28/07 03:27 PM

To quote a cetain deep-voiced Jaffa: "Indeed" smile The only drawback I found was a technical one that popped up once in awhile; sometimes I got to see some white "seems" where certain collision points weren't perfect, but only occasionally. Could also have been a glitch. But otherwise, boffo game! thumbsup

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 02/28/07 03:36 PM

It will be interesting if you play 3 and 4 after this, because you'll see how much more sophisticated the developers became. 4 is really, really disturbing.

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 02/28/07 04:10 PM

THERE'S A 4???

Sorry for shouting lol

Have you seen the Silent Hill movie by any chance?

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 02/28/07 07:02 PM

Thought you knew! laugh There sure is, and the creepiest of the lot, if you ask me. Were you asking? wink
I didn't see the movie - did you? It didn't sound like the game from the tv ads I saw.

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 02/28/07 11:16 PM

Nope . Haven't seen it yet. But plan to, because I never got to finish the first SH because of a damaged CD aRRGH! All I know is that a lot of monsters die LOL

Well I find SH3 pretty fraky so far. I fell an armor trend setting in, as I've just found the bulletproof vest in the alternate Mall. Am I right?

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 03/01/07 08:17 AM

Well, she does get an Uzi! laugh

Re: Silent Hill 2 : stuck in the well (solved) - 03/01/07 12:50 PM

yeah, that much I gathered from that dream sequence, which made me doubt the game a bit , as I like the whole idea of staring out (almost) weaponless and finding your weapons along the way. At least I wasnt disappointed about that at least
© 2024 GameBoomers Community