GB HOMEPAGE

Java Script

Posted By: bpegasus69

Java Script - 04/04/04 10:21 PM

Good Afternoon you smart Techies:
It is soooo good to be back at the computer. I am still very much following a long list of doctors orders that include very little time at the desk. So I can only be on the computer for 30 minutes at a time and then I must rest. Is'nt that a pain?

Oh well, I have to know what I have to do to get Java Script enabled on my computer. I am sure it is available somewhere because I have a very new computer system. I know as much as the fact, that it is a computer language all of it's own. How much more do I need to know and how do I enable it on my system.

It is a Gateway System with all available bells and whistle's, so I should be able to get help on how to enable it on my machine.

Love and Hugs to all, it has been such a long time.

Nancy
bpeg
Posted By: MDAMLADY

Re: Java Script - 04/06/04 05:48 PM

Try:

http://java.sun.com

That's what my readme txt file has for a URL.

Or try:
Google search "java"
Posted By: Agent Provocateur

Re: Java Script - 04/06/04 10:54 PM

Here is the Java download page http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

If you have Netscape or Opera web browser, though, you already have JavaScript on your computer and don't need to download anything.
Posted By: BillyBob

Re: Java Script - 04/07/04 04:58 AM

According to the book.......XP did not install Java but Service Pack 1 does.

Then it goes on to say Microsoft and Sun were/are "on the outs" with one another and Microsoft may take it out later.

It also says the first time you visit a Java Web site you will get a window you can use to download it. The download is 5 MB. laugh
Posted By: Jema

Re: Java Script - 04/07/04 06:49 PM

Nancy,

Java and JavaScript are two different things. You've already received advice on Java and that may be what you wanted. But if what you want to know is how to enable JavaScript in your browser, this is how to do it in Internet Explorer:

Click on Tools and then on Internet Options. On the screen that comes up, click on the Security tab and then select the zone (Internet, Local intranet, etc.) in which you want to enable JavaScript. Near the bottom of that screen, click on Custom Level. Scroll down the menu to "Scripting". Under that you'll see several options and one of them is "Active scripting". Next to it, check the "Enable" box, click OK and, on the next screen, click OK again.

Personally, I would not enable it for the Restricted Sites zone. In fact, I have everything either disabled or set to prompt in that zone.

It's been a long time since I used Netscape, but it has a similar option - under Preferences I think.

wave Jema
© 2024 GameBoomers Community