GB HOMEPAGE

HARRY POTTER & THE PRISONER....

Posted By: Mome

HARRY POTTER & THE PRISONER.... - 06/15/04 11:51 PM

OK all the children playing this can respond!!! The game is freezing at various times & I have to shut down PC. I'vew got a new Windows XP, 512/120, Direct X9. I am sutting down all running programs as per technical help on game but it is still freezing. Any suggestions or is this going to be a way of life with XP??
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: HARRY POTTER & THE PRISONER.... - 06/16/04 02:32 AM

make sure your using DirectX9b

and have no other programs such as screensavers antivirus firewalls etc running inthe background.

Inferno

Re: HARRY POTTER & THE PRISONER.... - 06/16/04 12:51 PM

Inferno, do you mean Direct X9b or 9.0. When installing the game it asks to install Direct X9.0 which I said Yes. But when I checked innards of PC I didn't see Direct X9 at all-just Direct X8

Re: HARRY POTTER & THE PRISONER.... - 06/16/04 04:06 PM

How odd! I originally had DirectX 8.1a and Harry Potter upgraded it to DiectX 9.0b

Did you restart your system after your install?

Inferno

Re: HARRY POTTER & THE PRISONER.... - 06/16/04 11:33 PM

No, but I emailed EA games & looked at their problem list & one thing they said was not to set at16-bit, so I changed it to 32-bit & so far no freezes. I don't know if that helped or not but I am just toodling along ok.

Thanks for you help.

Re: HARRY POTTER & THE PRISONER.... - 06/17/04 12:52 PM

strange... I had mine set to 16bit (I'm playing 7th guest as well) and had absolutely no lockups or freezes.

Inferno

Re: HARRY POTTER & THE PRISONER.... - 06/19/04 12:29 AM

Who knows??? Anyway, so far I have had no PC problems, just a few game playing spots. Right now I am trying to get Harry down the slide.
Posted By: Lohen

Re: HARRY POTTER & THE PRISONER.... - 07/03/04 03:17 AM

mine Freezes every 15 minutes 16 or 32 bits
any solutions??

Re: HARRY POTTER & THE PRISONER.... - 07/03/04 08:24 PM

I have no idea. All I know is that when I changed mine to 32 but so far it has not frozen. Those with more PC knowledge than I can help.
Why not post again on your own thread & I know you will get some help.

Re: HARRY POTTER & THE PRISONER.... - 07/04/04 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lohen:
mine Freezes every 15 minutes 16 or 32 bits
any solutions??
Need more info:
What are your specs for your system.

Inferno
Posted By: Lohen

Re: HARRY POTTER & THE PRISONER.... - 07/04/04 10:45 AM

thanks for all the help it was a problem of lack of win XP virtual memory. I add -safe to the game executable and enter a menu of debug mode and run the game, it crashed to windows with the message "not enough virtual memory". I used -safe by chance but it worked hehe.

Re: HARRY POTTER & THE PRISONER.... - 07/04/04 12:37 PM

Great I'll remember that if I have any more problems!!!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community