GB HOMEPAGE

"Aura" crashes constantly

Posted By: tolk42

"Aura" crashes constantly - 08/12/04 11:36 PM

hi! i have a Toshiba-notebook Pentium4 with 2.6 GHz with an nvidia "Geforce 4 420 go"-graphic-card and not sure about the sound-card, might be "Avance AC97 Audio". Windows XP. everything seems to be installed correctly, the game begins to run smoothly, but after a minute or whenever i try to use an item (like read the book on the table) the game crashes completely within a second and i´m back to the windows-explorer. it´s the german version of the game. the cpu seems to be active, but not too much. it changes from within a range of 15 - 70 % while playing. i´ve played games that used it harder. do you have any hints what i could do? thanks a lot!
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: "Aura" crashes constantly - 08/12/04 11:54 PM

Try reducing the audio acceleration and see if that helps at all.

Re: "Aura" crashes constantly - 08/13/04 12:21 AM

first- thanks!
ok, i did that, but didn´t do no good.. mhm, do u have any other ideas?
thanks!
i just updated the display-driver, but this didn´t help either...

Re: "Aura" crashes constantly - 08/13/04 02:33 AM

Check the bottom of this webpage for instructions on how to reduce audio and video acceleration in Windows XP.
http://home.earthlink.net/~eddie1231/general_drill.htm

Re: "Aura" crashes constantly - 08/13/04 08:29 AM

yes, ok, i did both. when i go down with video-accelleration the game won´t even start, and to lower sound-acceleration doesn´t help. but u´re right - it´s sth with the sound. today i heard at some place in the game a really naughty beeeeeeeep, before it crashed, and then, when i put the whole music and sounds and sourroundings on lowest level i got a bit further, could open the book and the box on the table and such. but then it quit again after a while. deactivating the soundcard prevents the game from running. any idea how i can prevent the game to force the soundcard to play sounds it doesn´t want to play?

Re: "Aura" crashes constantly - 08/13/04 06:19 PM

No I don't know how to do that.
If you're turning down the acceleration all the way, that might not be best for this game. It might be better to be one notch up from no acceleration. Or two notches. You don't have to turn it down all the way to see the result.

AC97 Audio is sound that is built into the motherboard. Sometimes it works OK and sometimes you find a game that doesn't work right with it. If you know what motherboard your computer has, you might find drivers on the website of the motherboard manufacturer. Or if your computer is a name brand like Dell or Compaq, you could look for drivers on the website of that brand.

If you're sure the problem is the sound card, another thing you might consider is buying a separate sound card for your computer. The sound cards made by Creative are usually what's recommended for games.

Re: "Aura" crashes constantly - 08/14/04 09:53 AM

ok, i

Re: "Aura" crashes constantly - 08/14/04 06:17 PM

Is this a laptop computer?

Re: "Aura" crashes constantly - 08/15/04 11:26 AM

yes, toshiba satellite 2430-301.. why?

Re: "Aura" crashes constantly - 08/15/04 06:27 PM

I don't think it's possible to get a separate internal sound card for a laptop. There isn't enough room. I know there are external sound cards that can plug into a USB port, but I don't know how well they work with games.

I'm not sure the problem is with the sound card anyway. If it's a laptop, the Geforce 4 is probably on onboard chipset instead of a separate card. And some games don't like that.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: "Aura" crashes constantly - 09/10/04 05:35 PM

ACE MEGA CODECS PACK 6.01 Pro
you need only that to start AURA

Now I want a beer smile
Posted By: Milee10

Re: "Aura" crashes constantly - 09/10/04 11:01 PM

Kanara_1912,

Please explain. Are these codecs for any operating system?? Where do you find them?? I haven't loaded AURA yet and don't plan to until I know things are fixable. TAC strikes again mad !!

Thank you.

**Milee10**

Re: "Aura" crashes constantly - 09/10/04 11:07 PM

http://www.softpedia.com/progViewOpinions/11-2-7-10

frown
Posted By: Milee10

Re: "Aura" crashes constantly - 09/10/04 11:29 PM

Thanks Jenny. Guess I'll just wait for the patch. I don't need anything else messing up my PC and going from the frying pan into the fire. frown frown frown frown

**Milee10**
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: "Aura" crashes constantly - 09/14/04 11:27 AM

Bingo!!! It worked great. Thanks for the tip.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community