GB HOMEPAGE

the omega stone

Posted By: ritchiesbabe

the omega stone - 04/06/05 09:01 PM

I bought the omega stone today and it seems to install fine but when i click play it just makes an error noise and goes back to the desktop. any ideas?
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: the omega stone - 04/07/05 12:06 AM

Sure......... The answer is here

Removing Hotfixes

Once that MS Hotfix is removed the game will play.
Inferno

Re: the omega stone - 04/09/05 09:14 PM

i dont have that hotfix installed.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: the omega stone - 04/09/05 09:55 PM

I think it was included with SP1. I don't know how to remove it if you got it with SP1.

You could try the update TAC suggests ***here*** .

Re: the omega stone - 04/13/05 03:05 PM

I tried and it said theres no need to install this update. looks like ill have to give up on this one
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: the omega stone - 04/13/05 03:21 PM

TAC has general solutions to install problems on their website.
http://www.adventurecompanygames.com/tac/support/index.php

You can also send them an email from here
http://www.adventurecompanygames.com/tac/forms/tech_support.php

If your computer has SP2, you might try the patch on the Packard Bell site ***here*** . It's for fixing compatibility with older Windows and DOS programs.

Re: the omega stone - 04/13/05 08:43 PM

Still not working cry
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: the omega stone - 04/14/05 12:22 AM

Okokokkok.... no more tears!

Have you tried this?
Make sure that you have your Restore FUnction enabled and can choose a restore point if necessary.

Go into your WINDOWS folder. (You must have "see hidden" folders enabled to do this)

Start-->My Computer--> Windows--> at the very top you should see a number of folders that have "uninstall" under them written in blue.
Click on each one until you find a "group install" You are still looking for either KB824141
or Q824141. Look carefully. When you find it use the uninstaller to remove it. If you run into problems use your restore point to put things back the way they were and then Please call Microsoft at 1-800-936-4900 (press option "1") to obtain Hotfix #833509. This over writes the original fix which may have been already built into your system with SP1.
Inferno
Posted By: Katsmom

Re: the omega stone - 04/17/05 08:06 AM

Hi ritchiesbabe. I hope I'm not too late, and you check back here again! I have another suggestion for you to try.

When you first launch the game, a box appears on your desktop. The box has some buttons on it. One of them is "Configuration" (or something similar). Click it. You'll see the choice to play the game in Hardware or Software rendering mode. The default choice is Hardware. It's not working for you. Change the bullet to SOFTWARE mode. Then try to launch the game again.

I hope this helps! laugh

Re: the omega stone - 04/17/05 02:27 PM

hiya and thank you so much
i changed it to software mode and it worked. thanks to you! it looks great thanks again
© 2024 GameBoomers Community