GB HOMEPAGE

Server Busy?!

Posted By: Jen

Server Busy?! - 09/14/05 12:19 PM

Recently when I have been starting up my computer. A box pops up on the screen saying Server Busy.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Server Busy?! - 09/14/05 02:28 PM

Do you have anything like Nvidia network access manager/firewall installed? Check here
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=382809

Re: Server Busy?! - 09/15/05 12:22 PM

I've never heard of nVidia before! Would i have had to have downloaded it myself. I would try to look at the "hyjack" program it says but i cant get on to the internet at home. I'll run my anti-virus protection and try searching for Nvidia when i get home. Unless it gets installed with other programs, because the most recent thing i have installed is a sherlock holmes game!

Re: Server Busy?! - 09/15/05 03:36 PM

You might have an Nvidia video card.
Do you know what kind of video card you have?
Is it a Geforce? Nvidia makes Geforce chipsets.

Re: Server Busy?! - 09/16/05 12:13 PM

I've had the coputer a good couple of years now, so if it was the video card would it only just start affecting it? I managed to get a virus search done last night and nothing popped up. I'll do the search for the Nvidia tonight and check on the video cards.
Thank you for helping me out Jenny.

Re: Server Busy?! - 09/16/05 03:15 PM

If you tried updating your drivers and downloaded that Network access manager instead of or along with drivers you could have gotten it.

It could also be a problem with your firewall settings.

Re: Server Busy?! - 09/21/05 12:28 PM

Right, I tried all sorts of things to sort it out! I found out that the server busy thing was coming from a program that my digital camera uses, it was looking for pictures as soon as the computer started up even when the camera wasnt plugged in, so i disabled the "autorun" feature and it seemed to cure that.
Then i deleted the drive for the network card/connection thingy and restarted the computer so that it picked it up and installed the hardware again and the internet connection works again! Dont know what was going on there!

Re: Server Busy?! - 09/21/05 03:00 PM

Thanks for letting us know how you fixed it.
I'm sure you're not the only one with a digital camera.
Posted By: goldnorchid

Re: Server Busy?! - 09/21/05 06:36 PM

how did you find that ou Jen, My computer does the same thing when I am on internet explorer, it is aggrivating cause I have to restart to get rid of it.

Re: Server Busy?! - 09/21/05 07:02 PM

Well, when the server busy message popped up, I brought up the task manager screen and it showed the camera program as running but not responding, even though i wasnt even using it nor was it open! So i just looked at the camera program and switched off its autorun feature.
Hope that helps you!
Posted By: goldnorchid

Re: Server Busy?! - 09/21/05 07:22 PM

when mine pops up, it will freeze all the programs and cause the not to respond.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community