GB HOMEPAGE

Technical help with Drascula

Posted By: Carla

Technical help with Drascula - 06/06/03 09:16 PM

Hi everybody,I read the Dos help page but I couldn't find (or maybe I didn't understand) how to solve my little problem: after installation, when I launch the drascula.exe (in Windows/DOS) the game can't find the CD in D:\, and this is just because my CD Rom is in Q:\!!!
I cannot rename my CD Rom drive in D:\ because at this letter I've got another bit of hard disk.
How can I force the game to read in Q:\?
Thanks for your help! wave wave wave
Posted By: BillyBob

Re: Technical help with Drascula - 06/07/03 03:14 AM

Not trying to be a smart aleck but is there really a DOS game called Drascula.........or are we talking about one of the Dracula game; and, if so, which? laugh
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Technical help with Drascula - 06/07/03 04:39 AM

Yes Billybob there is a humorous cartoon game called Drascula. It was originally made in Spanish I think, hence the name change.

I don't know what to do if the game insists on looking for the CD drive at D:
Posted By: BillyBob

Re: Technical help with Drascula - 06/07/03 12:44 PM

I thought I had seen that name somewhere on GB before but, still, thought it might be a typo. Didn't want to assume anything. laugh
Posted By: lakerz

Re: Technical help with Drascula - 06/09/03 09:09 PM

Uh oh. This might be one of those few older games that just expects the cd-rom drive to be drive D. After all, why would anyone have multiple hard drives or have their 1GB partitioned?? If this is the case, the only thing I could think of would be to try copying the whole cd to your D drive and play the game without using the cd player? Not sure if this would work or not.
Posted By: Carla

Re: Technical help with Drascula - 06/09/03 09:17 PM

Thanks Lakerz!
I will give it a try.
That's not the only one though, I came across few of them old games that just got a mind of their own!
Cheers,
© 2024 GameBoomers Community