GB HOMEPAGE

Puzzles

Posted By: flutist

Puzzles - 01/23/04 02:47 PM

Are there lots of puzzles? Do they fit in the story line? How hard are they? Not too easy I hope!
Looking forward to it.
Bets
Posted By: Philippe Gaude - Galilea

Re: Puzzles - 01/23/04 02:56 PM

Most of the
Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: Puzzles - 01/23/04 03:01 PM

Good morning Philipe!

That is a good question. I noticed even at this early stage in the game that it feels more like an actual "you solve it" mystery. Where you are trying to gather facts, witnesses, info rather than open a multitude of locked doors.
Posted By: MDAMLADY

Re: Puzzles - 01/23/04 03:01 PM

Great, I love the puzzles that fit into the story line.

Did I mention that I can't wait for this one?
Hope I win the contest.

Re: Puzzles - 01/23/04 03:13 PM

Good morning !

Yes, Jack the Ripper is a thriller and a mystery to solve - at least we tried hard to avoid the get-the-key-open-the-door symptom !
Posted By: Jen in Chgo

Re: Puzzles - 01/23/04 03:30 PM

Are they inventory based puzzles or mechanical or a combo of both?

laugh Love, Jen laugh
Posted By: Funktion

Re: Puzzles - 01/23/04 03:37 PM

Philippe, regarding the puzzles & storyline:

is the game 100% linear (and by that I mean the game only proceds in one direction, you gather evidence until you finally get one name), or during the course of the game you actually investigate several suspects, and the game keeps you guessing about which one it might be?

Re: Puzzles - 01/23/04 03:46 PM

Nice try Funktion wink This is slippery when wet so I can't even begin to answer - wouldn't like to spoil something by mistake !

Re: Puzzles - 01/23/04 03:59 PM

Each puzzle has been made depending upon the specific situation, so there
Posted By: Jen in Chgo

Re: Puzzles - 01/23/04 04:02 PM

Variety thumbsup . Can't wait! Thanks for answering.

laugh Love, Jen laugh

Re: Puzzles - 01/23/04 04:09 PM

Quote:
avoid the get-the-key-open-the-door
Oh darn and I was saving scraps of paper in anticipation of finding that closed door with a key. laugh heh-heh

I like puzzles that are sensible to the story. Keeps you more engrossed in the story and gameplay that way.
Posted By: MDAMLADY

Re: Puzzles - 01/23/04 05:29 PM

Is the game linear?

I hope so because I get lost easily in a game that allows you to go where-ever and then get stuck and can't get back to where you need to be.

I sometimes forget to "save often" and then end up redoing parts because I got lost.

Re: Puzzles - 01/23/04 07:15 PM

Well locations are saved as pins on a map and you can go back at any time.

There are items to look at and in locales, not a ton of things to get or discuss - so doesn't seem like you would miss anything - but as with all games, it pays to scan an area closely and assume if you can go to a place, there must be something significant to find or look at there.

It must be fairly linear at least at the beginning as I have ben tripping along without feeling at all stuck or lacking a next step. I am just now getting hints at the larger plot, but still at the early discovery stage of the game.
Posted By: flutist

Re: Puzzles - 01/23/04 08:33 PM

Okay Gator, how long is this puppy? Nice and long I hope.
Bets

Re: Puzzles - 01/23/04 09:15 PM

Not a clue, I have just moved into day 2. smile
Posted By: tigger

Re: Puzzles - 01/23/04 09:18 PM

The more I read, the more interesting this becomes!! Can't wait for your review Laura smile

Tig wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community