GB HOMEPAGE

Saved games?

Posted By: housewife

Saved games? - 01/23/04 06:39 PM

Hello Phillipe

I have a question? Can we save at any given time and give the save game a name of our choice?

also, this game has unlimited Save slots?

Liz
Posted By: Philippe Gaude - Galilea

Re: Saved games? - 01/23/04 08:47 PM

Well, yes, you can save anytime, but there are only 16 save slots and you can't name them.

I'm already committed to change this system next time, so please don't hit me too hard frown
Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: Saved games? - 01/23/04 09:14 PM

I think the number of saved slots aren't that big a factor in this game so far. Haven;t hit a tricky part or any games over looking moments. Boy during night time though many of the locales are spooky.

I do like being able to name the saves, so if that is a future change for other works in progress, I like that. But it again isn't a big factor in the game to me.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Saved games? - 01/23/04 10:18 PM

Are saves transferrable between computers?
Posted By: nickie

Re: Saved games? - 01/23/04 10:50 PM

I like games that have a little picture and the time for each save, sure easier for me to come back to, if I leave the game for a while. But 16 sounds like plenty of saves, nice work!

Re: Saved games? - 01/23/04 11:55 PM

Indeed they have a little picture, date and time, and you can move saves between computers. Isn
Posted By: Funktion

Re: Saved games? - 01/24/04 12:04 AM

No it isn't! You can't name them... smile

Re: Saved games? - 01/24/04 12:22 AM

Ouch frown

Guess I deserve it... laugh

Re: Saved games? - 01/24/04 12:58 AM

Ignore the imp.

I haven't seen any game that's perfect yet, but this game is doing pretty fine by me. laugh
Posted By: nickie

Re: Saved games? - 01/24/04 02:58 AM

I think that sounds great - I don't want to have to name my saves, because that requires more brain power than I wish to devote at the wee hour when I quit the game. Inevitably I just start numbering them, but then if I want to go back to an earlier point, I haven't a clue. Pictures are my friends!

Re: Saved games? - 01/24/04 03:22 AM

Everyone preference in save games are different...It is not a big deal with me, I just like to name my saved game...I like pictures for saved game and time and date is another good idea for saved games...My biggest preference is saved slots, because I tend to save quite often...

But 16 slots is pretty nice number for saved games...

I have another question. Can we overrite the a save game with another save game?

Liz

Re: Saved games? - 01/24/04 03:52 AM

You can over write saved games. smile

You know what bugs me though? Games where you can name your saves. Then when you go into the saved game folder to get one for someone - they aren't listed by what you named them, but are just numbered. ARRRRRRRRR

Re: Saved games? - 01/24/04 04:26 AM

That is so true gatorlaw mad I wonder why is that think

Liz

Re: Saved games? - 01/24/04 06:29 AM

I don't know why, sometimes I wonder if it is some evil programmer messing with our poor gaming minds. When I figure out the person responsible - well it isn't going to be pretty. devil

Re: Saved games? - 01/24/04 06:35 PM

As I said previously, programmers don't count like the rest of us. They don't say "one, two, three..." to count three items, they say "zero, one, two..." eek
Posted By: Zanthia

Re: Saved games? - 01/25/04 10:03 AM

darn, i was hoping for unlimited saves that you can name. pictures are nice but not mandatory as long as you can name them. But as long as they can be backed up easily that will be fine.
Posted By: MDAMLADY

Re: Saved games? - 01/26/04 06:53 PM

I know what you mean by the numbered games. Boo!

Gatorlaw, leave a little left of the guy for me.

I like the picture ones when I'm playing, but they're a bear to send to a friend. Generally you have to send more than one file. frown

Re: Saved games? - 01/26/04 09:51 PM

No problem, there's only one file per save !

Re: Saved games? - 01/27/04 01:06 AM

Ahh That's good to know. So no matching the picture file with the data file to send or load a saved game. Great!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community