GB HOMEPAGE

Graphics question

Posted By: Funktion

Graphics question - 01/24/04 12:29 AM

Philippe, I have one last question regarding the game:
-I've seen lots of screenshots, plus some videos, and I noticed that in some screenshots the graphics are great, and in some the background seems to have a much smaller resolution than the characters; is this because some of the screenshots/videos were made without the graphic options set to high quality (if there's such an option), or did you reduce the resolution of the textures during the making of the game?

For example, see this 2 pictures to see what I'm talking about:

http://www.justadventure.com/articles/E32003/JRipper/Blue_Velvet_2.jpg (excelent quality)

http://www.justadventure.com/Upcoming_Releases/JackTheRipper/the_lair_2.jpg (inferior quality; this is easier to notice in the clips released not long ago).

Not that it bothers me a lot (I prefer a great story over great graphics; I already pre-ordered the game), but it's something that I've seen mentioned in several forums.
Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: Graphics question - 01/24/04 12:51 AM

I would say that everything I have seen looks like the first shot (labeled excellent) or much better. The outside locales are very impressive.
Posted By: Philippe Gaude - Galilea

Re: Graphics question - 01/24/04 01:06 AM

Well, the first picture is a high-res render like those used for box art and such, while the standard resolution are those of the game, where you can pan 360

Re: Graphics question - 01/24/04 01:12 AM

Well, since it's 1am here in Europe and I have to leave, I would like to thank Philippe for answering our questions (can't wait to play the game), and I hope you give us some info on your new game, "Vanguard Project", in a near future.

Also thanks to Gameboomers for hosting the chat.

Re: Graphics question - 01/24/04 01:27 AM

By the way, my comment wasn't regarding the overall graphical quality, but the fact that in some screenshots the characters seem "detached" from the backgrounds because the backgrounds seem to have an inferior quality when compared to the characters (the "inferior" next to the screenshots wasn't used as "crappy graphics" or something like that).
It's something that I've seen mentioned in a few forums, because it really bothered some people.

Again, good luck with the game's release, Philippe. smile
Posted By: Zanthia

Re: Graphics question - 01/25/04 10:10 AM

what resolutions does the game support?
Posted By: Philippe Gaude - Galilea

Re: Graphics question - 01/25/04 04:40 PM

640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768 with several options so you can adjust the workload of your computer should any slowdown arise.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community