GB HOMEPAGE

Cos Russo and Alida

Posted By: Cos Russo

Cos Russo and Alida - 05/03/04 02:43 PM

"Nuts. No, I think insane is the right word. Why would you want to do it? A gigantic guitar in the middle of the ocean... it's insane!"
These are the words spoken by Kivas from the early days of Alida. When I first conceived the idea of Alida, similar words were going through my head. Alida has been an incredible journey for me, coming up with the original story and creating all the elements for Alida to come to life. I hope GameBoomers will enjoy Alida!
Cos Russo
Dejavu Worlds
Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/03/04 03:15 PM

wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/03/04 04:33 PM

bravo
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/03/04 05:34 PM

There is alot to be said for "different". I'm always up for something new.

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/05/04 04:14 AM

Gee we have some real adventurers getting in here so fast. laugh

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/05/04 06:49 AM

Hi Cos!

and

to the Boomie Board!

Inferno
Posted By: tigger

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/05/04 07:04 AM

Cos, that line has me hooked already wave

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/05/04 01:22 PM

Hi guys ... oooh that fire looks warm, infernoj13usa, it's getting close to winter down under.
Posted By: MacHeadCase

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/05/04 03:33 PM

Hi Cos! I'm on your comments page! TeeHee!

Testimonials from Alida gamers

I bought the OS X version as soon as it came out! Got it shipped to my part of the world. And fell in Looooove!!!

Very happy to see that Alida is still growing and this distribution deal will help a lot to put Alida on the Adventure Game Map even more!!!

Cheers! [

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/05/04 03:36 PM

I heard there will be an Alida 2?...

If so, I hope there will be an OS X version. If there is, I'll be there standing in line to buy it!

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/05/04 03:48 PM

Ahhh ... I'm among old friends now!
Alida 2 ... concepts are evolving ... wild places ... crazy inventions ... and adventure gamers wouldn't want it any other way!

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/05/04 03:58 PM

Well wave

the party has started,

mmmm nice fire -

Alida 2 Now it is getting very interesting smile

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/05/04 04:31 PM

I was wondering Cos...

Which 3D software did you use to render Alida?

And how did you "stitch" it together? Did you use Director?

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/05/04 04:39 PM

I used Strata Studio Pro for all 3D models and SuperCard (Mac) / Revolution (PC) to script the application. I have to mention Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, Cleaner, Quicktime - all these magical programs make it all that bit easier.

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/05/04 04:52 PM

Oh! Cool! I love Strata! I can hardly wait to buy my copy! And my guess is SuperCard replaces Apple's HyperCard?

Did you enjoy working with FCP? Does it do as good a job as anything out there?

Just curious because I learned 3D a few years back ('97): Softimage, Alias|Wavefront's PowerAnimator, Premiere. The school I went to had just "put out to pasture" Strata Studio Pro but we went into the Mac labs and played around with it anyway!!! *sneek* HeeHee

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/05/04 05:02 PM

SuperCard is an amazing scripting tool that has made a robust Mac OSX version of Alida. The guys at SuperCard were great during the production. All the apps that I used were powerful and easy to use.

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/05/04 05:15 PM

Thanks for your replies Cos!

And I'll be looking forward to other Mac adventure games made by DejaVu Worlds!!! You are really top notch!

Posted By: granny

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/06/04 12:39 AM

happydance happydance thumbsup
Posted By: kel

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/06/04 01:31 AM

wave All these details are making the wait harder for me. I am so excited about Alida, the story sounds very intersting!! Thanks for taking the time to chat with us! laugh
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/06/04 01:59 AM

Welcome to GameBoomers, Cos! It's good to see you here. I'm glad the PC people will get to find out what we Mac folks been raving about all this time. Best of luck with the new version! Sell lots so you can get started on the sequel. smile

Cynthia
Posted By: Lucivee

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/06/04 02:00 AM

So nice to drop into GB and find Alida getting top billing with its creator here too. Great!

I played this awesome game when it arrived on the Mac scene in early 2003. I know all the PC'ers are waiting for their turn, and they won't be disappointed. Maybe Alida II for Mac might be in the works...Cos?

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/06/04 03:01 AM

Hi Cynthia! Hi Lucivee! I'm feeling comfortable around old friends, now.
Posted By: Kickaha

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/06/04 08:02 AM

Hello Cos thanks for your help playing "Alida" last year, I really appreciated being in a dialogue with you!

I've been using Revolution myself for a gamelet.

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/06/04 10:39 AM

Hi Peter, Revolution is a great app. The PC version is coming along nicely.
Posted By: Kickaha

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/06/04 11:10 AM

Glad to hear you're getting on with Revolution. I'll have to pick your brains about sometime!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/06/04 09:09 PM

Welcome, Cos!

Alida 2, eh? This is great news. Any idea how long it'll take? Not another 5 years, I hope. smile

Ron

Re: Cos Russo and Alida - 05/07/04 12:28 AM

Hi Ron, good to see you here. Well, I hope to work with a development team next time...
© 2024 GameBoomers Community