GB HOMEPAGE

Puzzles

Posted By: flutist

Puzzles - 05/05/04 02:45 PM

Are there a lot and do they go along with the storyline? Is there a variety? What kind?
Bets
Posted By: Cos Russo

Re: Puzzles - 05/05/04 03:24 PM

Lots of puzzles ... they vary from simple to "@#$!! Cos Russo!" The puzzles stem creatively from the story, for example (without giving too much away) imagine what can be done with the guitar and its mechanics. The puzzles are NOT "thrown in" and therefore not related to anything. They all make sense and are clever and logical when considering the overall story and game.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Puzzles - 05/05/04 03:36 PM

Are there slider puzzles? (Please say no wink )
Posted By: tigger

Re: Puzzles - 05/05/04 03:59 PM

Mazes??

Re: Puzzles - 05/05/04 04:31 PM

Slide puzzles... do you mean those thingamajigs with numbers or pictures that slide around eachother to form a picture etc..? No! There are no mazes. Most of the puzzles are unique (I reckon!) If you visit the Alida web site, you can see snaps of them on the 'hints' page: (Don't worry! This page has NO spoilers - just don't go any further!)
http://www.alidagame.com/Hints.html

Re: Puzzles - 05/05/04 05:53 PM

Bless you Bless you Bless you wink
Posted By: Salar of Myst

Re: Puzzles - 05/05/04 07:02 PM

Sounds great! thumbsup Does Alida teach something about guitar engineering or music then?

Susan wave

Re: Puzzles - 05/06/04 12:43 AM

No knowledge of music is required to play Alida. Engineering class... let's see... how do we build a 320 metre long guitar... in the middle of nowhere... hmmm. If you've got any suggestions... One reviewer made me laugh, he said that if one of the Alida guitar strings snapped, it would take half of New Zealand with it!
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Puzzles - 05/06/04 02:42 AM

Your puzzles are unique and very clever, Cos, and a several are downright diabolical. Even when my gray matter was turning to mush and only a few tufts of hair were left on my head, I admired the devilish mind that created them. Also, the rewards for completing a puzzle are very impressive!

Re: Puzzles - 05/06/04 01:39 PM

I had a great time coming up with the puzzle concepts. In the beginning, a LOT of ideas were thrown in the trash, as I wanted them to be interesting and enjoyable to figure out. The guitar was a great premise for creating unique puzzles... the pots, switch, machine heads, pickup etc..

Re: Puzzles - 05/07/04 01:16 PM

My sons are big time guitarist and gamers. I wonder if that would enhance their enjoyment of the game or their ability to play it. Are you a guitarist?

Re: Puzzles - 05/07/04 04:28 PM

Not a guitarist, I'm a pianist, keyboard player. I'm sure they would enjoy the mechanical concepts within the guitar.
Posted By: flutist

Re: Puzzles - 05/07/04 05:25 PM

I am a guitarist. I hope I can play the game on my computer.
Bets
© 2024 GameBoomers Community