GB HOMEPAGE

Quick Time?

Posted By: flutist

Quick Time? - 05/05/04 07:35 PM

Is the PC version going to use Quick Time?
Please say no, I have major problems with it.
When is the PC version coming out?
Bets
Posted By: tigger

Re: Quick Time? - 05/05/04 08:51 PM

Oh and will it be released in the UK, or will we have to buy from the US??

Hugs

Tig wave
Posted By: Cos Russo

Re: Quick Time? - 05/06/04 12:21 AM

Yes, Alida PC version requires QuickTime. From tests so far, Alida is running beautifully with QuickTime under Windows 98,2000,ME,XP. What problems have you had with QuickTime, Bets?

Re: Quick Time? - 05/06/04 12:22 AM

The PC version will be available in Europe as well.

Re: Quick Time? - 05/06/04 08:06 PM

I can not load a new version of Quick Time. I tried deleting it and no go. It tells me there is an application using it and there isn't. I've had posts on this sometime back and nothing has worked. So I have given up on it and just don't play the games that require QT.
Bets

Re: Quick Time? - 05/07/04 12:43 AM

What is your PC system, Bets? (Model,speed,ram,Windows version,Quicktime version etc) Have you tried getting Quicktime to uninstall itself? (in the taskbar, select Start > All Programs > QuickTime > Uninstall QuickTime)

Re: Quick Time? - 05/07/04 02:53 PM

I have a Dell 8200 1.8 gig speed with WinXP, 256 Ram, QT version 3.02
I tried everything to delete it but I always get the same message, an application is running.
If you know of anything I can do to remedy this, feel free to e-mail me through GB.
Bets
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Quick Time? - 05/07/04 07:48 PM

Bets,
Could QT be running some of your basic computer systems in some way?

Re: Quick Time? - 05/07/04 07:56 PM

Don't know. Do I do a ctr,alt,del to see what is running?
Bets
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Quick Time? - 05/08/04 04:39 AM

I wonder if you don't have some cross-linkage in your registry that is causing the problem. Have you tried a registry cleaner?
Posted By: Jema

Re: Quick Time? - 05/08/04 06:50 AM

Bets,

Do you still have the option to uninstall QuickTime via Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs? If so, try this:

1. Open Control Panel.
2. Select Add/Remove Programs.
3. When the window with the list of programs available to uninstall comes up, before selecting QuickTime to uninstall, close Control Panel by clicking on the X in the upper right corner of its window.
4. Then select QuickTime from the list of programs.
5. Click on "Uninstall everything" (or however that option is worded in XP).
6. If you're asked to reboot, do so.
7. Run Windows Registry Cleanup Tool (RegClean.exe) as many times as necessary until it says it found no errors.
8. Reboot.

If XP doesn't install RegClean.exe, it may still be available on Microsoft's download site.

wave Jema
© 2024 GameBoomers Community