GB HOMEPAGE

Belief & Betrayal Reaches US & Canada at 3/28

Posted By: Carla

Belief & Betrayal Reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/06/08 09:05 AM

I'm so proud to announce that Belief & Betrayal,the game developed by my italian friends of Artematica, will be on the US and Canada shelves on March, 28th! Here's the details
Quote:
Toronto, Canada – February 5, 2008 – Leading Publisher Lighthouse Interactive and dtp Entertainment AG today announced that Belief & Betrayal, their highly anticipated and enthralling Adventure game that propels players into the heart of a secretive and mysterious world of power and intrigue; truth and conspiracy, will begin shipping to major retail stores across the US and Canada on March 28, 2008.
Belief & Betrayal is Windows® Vista™ compatible.

“We decided to delay the launch of Belief & Betrayal to early 2008 to further polish the game. High quality voiceovers are especially critical in an Adventure game, therefore we invested more time in carefully casting the best actors who could bring out the individuality and believability of each character,” said Erik Schreuder, CEO of Lighthouse Interactive. “Belief & Betrayal offers an amazing gaming experience with strong gameplay features. For instance, to solve the mystery, players must take on the role of 3 different characters. Our goal is to continue the success Belief & Betrayal has experienced since its European release in 2007, into North America, bringing Adventure gamers an experience they will thoroughly enjoy.”

GAME SUMMARY

As journalist Jonathan Danter, you discover that a ten year old murder is somehow part of a greater mystery that could destroy humanity itself. Filled with baffling plot twists and conspiracy theories, you must uncover the mystery that reaches back through history from 1194 A.D. to the time Judas received 30 pieces of silver to betray Christ.

Travel to exotic locations throughout Europe including: London, Venice, Rome and the Vatican, to uncover skeletons hidden deep within the closets of some of the most powerful leaders around the World.

FEATURES

• Play as 3 different characters throughout the game to solve the mystery
• Find lost ancient manuscripts and decipher mind-boggling codes and symbols
• Explore stunning environments and incredibly re-created historic locations
• Strong action/adventure storyline creates a compelling gameplay experience
• Use the memories and thoughts of the intriguing cast of characters to solve puzzles and expose dark mysteries
• Game based on historical events though the story is pure fiction
• Easy to navigate 3rd person point & click interface using the Virtools® engine

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

CPU: 1.2 GHz Intel® Pentium® processor or AMD® Athlon™ processor
RAM: 256 MB (1 GB recommended for Windows® Vista™)
Video: 64 MB DirectX® 9.0c compatible or better video card
PC CD-ROM: 4x (or PC DVD-ROM drive)
Sound: 16-bit DirectX® compatible sound card
Available Hard Disk Space: 2.5 GB
DirectX®: 9.0c
Other: Mouse, Keyboard and Speakers

To find out more about Belief & Betrayal visit the official site HERE, and new screenshots of the game are available HERE

Enjoy! bravo
Posted By: Becky

Re: Belief & Betrayal reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/06/08 09:10 AM

Thanks Carla! The game will visit Venice, your hometown. grin (I've always wanted to visit Venice.)

Polishing the voiceovers -- sounds intriguing.

Posted By: Carla

Re: Belief & Betrayal reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/06/08 09:59 AM

Sounds quite funny for me to know that I was born and I live in "exotic locations" lol
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Belief & Betrayal reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/06/08 10:01 AM

Sounds great Carla! wave Thanks for the update yay
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Belief & Betrayal reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/06/08 10:27 AM

Excellent news Carla thank you so much! I'm looking forward to this game. happydance
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Belief & Betrayal reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/06/08 10:31 AM

Looks like another good one lol
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Belief & Betrayal reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/06/08 01:12 PM

Thanks Carla..I've had this on pre-order forever. lol Looking forward to it!

Ana yay
Posted By: GBC

Re: Belief & Betrayal reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/06/08 01:53 PM

Thanks for the update Carla..I had this pre-ordered also and I'm really looking forward to playing this one. It's worth the wait when the delay is to polish up the game.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Belief & Betrayal reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/06/08 02:50 PM

thanks Carla

More games are always exciting puppy
Posted By: marie

Re: Belief & Betrayal reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/06/08 03:53 PM

Thank you,bravoCarla for all your hard work checking out the games for us. This will give me something to look forward to playing this Spring.

Marie broccoli
Posted By: nickie

Re: Belief & Betrayal reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/06/08 05:06 PM

Looking forward to visiting those locales! Carla, thanks you exotic gal you! grin
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Belief & Betrayal Reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/06/08 06:16 PM

Thanks for the news Carla, & good to know it will be on disc! grin The story sounds intriguing & Venice is a place I've always wanted to visit so looking forward to a virtual one for the time being. smile
Posted By: Liz

Re: Belief & Betrayal Reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/06/08 06:50 PM

Thanks so much, Carla.....I can't wait for this one!!!
Posted By: misa

Re: Belief & Betrayal Reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/06/08 07:53 PM

I was looking forward to this one until I read some comments from gamers playing the non-English versions.

It sounds like the developers have heard some of the comments floating around and making the game better for the N.A. release. I hope so! I'll still buy it when it gets here. smile
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Belief & Betrayal Reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/06/08 08:44 PM

Thanks carla...

What do you mean by strong action/adventure think

I love the screenshots... monky
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Belief & Betrayal Reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/06/08 11:07 PM

Darleen, you missed an important word • Strong action/adventure storyline creates a compelling gameplay experience. They are referring to the story. It is a point and click adventure game.

Ana wave
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Belief & Betrayal Reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/07/08 05:08 PM

Hmm, if the storyline has action elements in it, then they will be in the gameplay too, I would think. See the last line in the specs that mentions *keyboard* along with mouse and speakers.
I read the comments link that misa posted and the comparisons to Undercover: Operation Wintersun tell me all I need to know for now.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Belief & Betrayal Reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/07/08 05:52 PM

There are no action/arcade puzzles in the game that I played.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Belief & Betrayal Reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/07/08 07:13 PM

Thanks ,Ana & MaG

Goody !!!! Another for my spring list thumbsup
Posted By: hugh

Re: Belief & Betrayal Reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/08/08 03:03 PM

I love this game. Seems like it was developed by the ones that dveloped 'operation winterson' that was a good game too.

Re: Belief & Betrayal Reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/08/08 03:32 PM

Hugh -- different developers, same publisher. Did you enjoy Crime Stories/Martin Mystere?

Re: Belief & Betrayal Reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/08/08 08:47 PM

I couldn't get it when I tried months ago. I'll order it now. Completely forgot about it. thanx Becky smile

This british guy who first calls Jo in his apartment sounds like the one who 'voice acted' for main character from operation winterson.

EDIT:
I completed 'belief and betrayal. Just wanted to ask what was the
Click to reveal..
use of givin tuna to orange cat?
What if u didn't. Hope my cats don't read this.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Belief & Betrayal Reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/12/08 01:10 PM

Hi Hugh,

I'm not sure if your question will spoil the game or not but just in case - I placed in in spoiler tags.

To answer:
Click to reveal..
Remember that the or another cat helped you find the gate to the airfield. I'm not sure what would happen if you didn't help the cat in the apartment first.
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Belief & Betrayal reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/12/08 01:15 PM

Just off to clickety click on the order button at Interact ! This game sounds great, thanks.
Posted By: Belgar

Re: Belief & Betrayal reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/12/08 04:00 PM

I assume that the game is "Malediction of Judas".
I almost finished the game and was somewhat disappointed by it.
Many of the puzzles were too easy, the graphics are not up to date with today's standards and really don't match what Lighthouse is advertising.
The story is nothing we haven't seen yet, very very few intercation with NPC's.
Some of the Italian locations were nicely rendered but many of the up close zone search were really not nice to look at.
The dialogues were very short, some wre filled with good humor and jokes. I found object interaction very frustrating. Objects that can't be used would have the character go on a ramble about why they can't use it. Instead of saying "I can't use it", it would go on for too long and this would repeat with every object.
Some of the puzzles were easy although the interface made them complicated. Some of the things that you had in mind were right, but the trigger in the game would not happen until you had looked or done another prior action.
The music is ok, although very repetitive. Dubbing in French was well done and the game ran bug free.

My overall impression would place it at a 5/10 or 6/10.

Re: Belief & Betrayal reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/12/08 04:55 PM

Hi Belgar -- thanks for the mini-review!
Posted By: Belgar

Re: Belief & Betrayal reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/12/08 05:09 PM

Becky ... I thought I would post my comments as what I read from Lighthouse is really not what I got with the game.
The game trully came short on delivering.
I think I saw Reprobates in store at Bestbuy but under a different name? can anyone confirm this?
The screenshots on the box look similar to my box in French.

Re: Belief & Betrayal reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/12/08 06:28 PM

Belgar -- the North American version of Reprobates is called Next Life.

Re: Belief & Betrayal reaches US & Canada at 3/28 - 02/15/08 02:59 PM

ohhhh yea. you are right mag.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community