GB HOMEPAGE

The Lost Crown -- Now Burnished Gold

Posted By: Becky

The Lost Crown -- Now Burnished Gold - 02/14/08 08:01 PM

Ghostly things come to those who wait as anticipated suspense-adventure game for the PC is finally ready for its North American retail debut next month

Quote:
Channeling the tingling excitement of sighting an approaching apparition after a long night’s ghost-hunt, Got Game Entertainment today announced that “The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure” has gone gold. Now set to haunt North American retail shelves this March, “The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure” finds ghost-hunters Nigel Danvers and Lucy Reubans in search of hidden treasures, and answers to an ancient mystery, along England’s fog-shrouded coastline. Created by Jonathan Boakes and his Darkling Room team, this hair-raising suspense-adventure game for the PC will make its retail debut at $29.99 (USD).

“We know it’s been a long wait for adventure fans, but care and precision are hallmarks of all Jonathan Boakes projects, and that often time-consuming attention to detail will certainly be seen in ‘The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure’,” said Got Game Entertainment President Howard Horowitz.

For the latest screenshots, click here.

Quote:
Bringing a frightening ghost story to spine-tingling life, “The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure” features actual E.V.P. (Electronic Voice Phenomena), photographs of unexplained entities captured by creator Jonathan Boakes while researching the game, and a bone-chilling original soundtrack. In a cinematic, richly detailed world filled with taunting town “locals” and mind-bending puzzles, players will be armed with the tools of the modern-day ghost-hunter to investigate local legends and discover long-lost secrets, previously known only to the dead.

For more information, visit The Lost Crown website.

Posted By: chrissie

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/14/08 08:30 PM

Ooh! Thank you Becky for the news! smile
Posted By: Celtic Lark

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/14/08 08:35 PM

Yipee!! yay
Posted By: Rushes

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/14/08 09:01 PM

That's great news, can't wait! bravo
Posted By: GBC

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/14/08 09:24 PM

Yay!!! Finally. Thanks Becky
Posted By: PolloDiablo

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/14/08 09:55 PM

Excellent news smile
Posted By: SuMac

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/15/08 12:20 AM

Great news Becky! Loved the screenshots - they reminded me of those old B&W scary mystery movies you used to see on TV years ago.
Posted By: Phoebe

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/15/08 01:10 AM

I dont believe, great news monky
Thanks Becky
Posted By: JennyP

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/15/08 08:16 AM

Had this on preorder since I was born! It looks like it will be worth the wait .
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/15/08 02:34 PM

Hi Becky - and thank you for the good news !! bravo bravo

Cheers.

Mad grin
Posted By: SnowMoon

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/15/08 02:38 PM

Yay!!!! I have also had this on preorder since November... can't wait to play it!!
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/15/08 03:05 PM

I ordered it Sept 1 and really happydance it will be here soon.

Linda
Posted By: joanieS

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/15/08 03:11 PM

yay grin devilchili
Posted By: Carrie

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/15/08 09:42 PM

With these descriptions, who wouldn't want it? Boy oh boy... what good news you've brought, Becky.. thank you! Along with everybody else, I'm giddy with anticipation.
Posted By: old lady

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/16/08 02:56 PM

Thanks Becky. What does it mean that it's "gone gold"? How many do you have to sell to go gold?
Posted By: Becky

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/16/08 03:23 PM

"Gone Gold" means that the final version of the game is finished. If your game has a publisher, the gold master is sent to the "printer" to be copied, boxed up and sent to the distributors, who then sent it to the various stores.
Posted By: old lady

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/16/08 04:00 PM

Now I understand thanks I thought it might be like records sales going gold. Silly me.
However, I will never again pre-order a game as I don't think my heart can take the strain.
Posted By: Jeanne

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/16/08 05:16 PM

I had almost given up hope on this game. I also have had it on pre-order with Interact for months. Great to have something to look forward to.
Jeanne
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/16/08 07:27 PM

I am SO looking forward to this game!
Posted By: Phoebe

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/17/08 02:08 AM

Hey jeanne i also almost given up, but for my happiness finally the game will be release. I pre order my in interact in december.
I hope that game be it so good how seems in trailer and screen
Posted By: Carrie

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/17/08 11:21 PM

Hi old lady.. I thought the same thing awhile back... that the words "gone gold" meant it had already been released --millions sold-- kind of like records.. urrrr.. CDs. Becky patiently explained it to me then, but I think that thread may have been lost when the format changed here. Definitely not the same as LPs or 45s as in Days of Old!laugh

Stable, Most Bugs Gone, Ready to Produce (words we want to hear, especially with games by Jonathan Boakes!).
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/18/08 09:48 AM

I just saw this game listed on BestBuy website to be available on Feb 18th.
Posted By: Mystery Lover

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/20/08 01:24 AM

Sweet! I have been so looking forward to this game coming out!

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/22/08 01:00 AM

Freaking myself out so much replaying Dark Fall alone with the lights out and headphones on, I might not be able to play Lost Crown. Played this game twice before, but I'm beginning to think new stuff is happening in this station...

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/22/08 05:00 PM

Also, check out JA, they have a contest to win tools like those in the game. March 6th seems to date for release of the game!

When I left this message, I meant AT JA people could register to win the ghost hunting apparatus, not that JA was giving the items away in the contest. Got Game is having the contest to give away the items.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/22/08 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: BubbaJake
I'm beginning to think new stuff is happening in this station...

eek Such as?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/22/08 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: BubbaJake
Also, check out JA, they have a contest to win tools like those in the game. March 6th seems to date for release of the game!

Bubbajake, I answered you in the other thread as well. JA is not giving it away, Got Game is and we have a thread Here.

Ana wave

Re: The Lost Crown Shines like Gold - 02/22/08 05:36 PM

It's just waaay more eerie (might be the headphones) but sounds are different and the game is more scary this way. Not mentioning being alone with the lights off. It might be that it's been so long since I last played it OR things ARE different!!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community