GB HOMEPAGE

The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America

Posted By: Becky

The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/03/08 09:03 PM

Spines tingle and hairs raise as a ghostly new suspense-adventure game for the PC haunts retail shelves this week

Quote:
Got Game Entertainment LLC today announced that the “The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure” has shipped to North American retail. Created by adventure gaming legend Jonathan Boakes (“Dark Fall”, “Dark Fall II: Lights Out”) and his Darkling Room team, this highly anticipated suspense-adventure game for the PC combines a dense, rich, spine-tingling story inspired by classic ghost stories with today’s modern ghost-hunting techniques. With an intuitive interface which allows players to wield the tools of a paranormal investigator, an impressive cast of 3D characters, actual E.V.P. (Electronic Voice Phenomena) recordings, and photographs of unexplained entities captured by Boakes while researching the game, “The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure” brings a frightening story to bone-chilling life.

“A classic ghost story, whether old or new, should have us believe that something ‘unexplainable’ surrounds and influences us,” said creator Jonathan Boakes. “And, if we are lucky, it should scare us into realizing that there truly are ‘more things in heaven and earth’ than the absolute skeptics would like us to believe.”

“The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure” will retail for $29.99 (USD) and is rated “T” for Teen for Alcohol Reference, Blood, Mild Language, and Violence.

For screenshots from the game, click here. For more information, visit the Lost Crown website.

Posted By: Darleen03

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/03/08 09:32 PM

Thanks, Becky

I see interact has it off the pre-order list...Its now listed as available... I still haven't got an e;mail it was shipped...

Maybe Later it will...

I am so Happy yay

PS: I just sent Dave an e:mail to see if it shipped
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/03/08 10:07 PM

My order from InteractCD has shipped! yay

Ana wave
Posted By: thracia

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/03/08 10:09 PM

Darleen/BrownEyed Tigre, I ordered this back in Oct. I can't seem to email Dave using the link on the interact site. It won't send. Did you use the link, or e-mail them directly. The site kept asking me to put in info about my server that I could not answer. Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. Thanks anyway.

thracia

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/03/08 10:11 PM

Hi, thracia

I copied the e;mail address & sent it through AOL,,,

I don't have my POP server hooked up ..So I send it through AOL..

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/03/08 10:12 PM

Dave sent me an email, I did not email him. I am sure he is making his way through his orders and you will get an email shortly.

Ana wave

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/03/08 10:20 PM

I got the e:mail... Your game has shipped

WooHoo yay

You were right, Ana...Poor Dave must have hundreds of e:mails to send out lol

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/03/08 10:21 PM

Thanks for answering so quickly Darleen and Ana,
I didn't understand about the POP server, so I ended up mailing him via AOL. So hopefully I will here from them soon. One last question if I may, I don't have to reorder do I? My card was not charged for the game cause it hadn't shipped yet. They should now charge my card and ship it, yes? Thanks again(I realize I shoul be asking Dave these questions).

thracia

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/03/08 10:38 PM

You can go to InteractCD and log on to your account and check the status thracia. If you ordered it you should not have to do anything but wait for him to send you the tracking info.

Ana wave

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/03/08 10:49 PM

Thanks Ana,

I'm glad you and Dar got your e-mails. I shall just have to be a little patient. Thanks for your help.

thracia
Posted By: jldcat

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/04/08 02:44 AM

I just got my email from InteractCD about the game being shipped today...Can't wait!!! Should take about 10 days coming from the states......Perfect timing for the Easter holiday!!!
Posted By: Phoebe

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/04/08 03:30 AM

I also receive email from Interact, i go receive the game soon...Cant wait! monky
Posted By: flutist

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/04/08 03:33 PM

Just got an email from Amazon. Mine is on the way. yay

Bets
Posted By: Sassafras

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/04/08 04:47 PM

Yay Yay Yay!! mine is going out today as well!! I have spent the weekend replaying Lights Out to prepare.

( I think I have a secret crush on Jonathan Boakes hearts )
Posted By: technogran

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/04/08 05:53 PM

Anyone any idea when we might get this game over here in UK? I have searched everywhere but can't find a UK date.

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/04/08 05:56 PM

Technogran -- I haven't seen a UK release date or publisher yet either. It would be odd if the game wasn't published in the UK eventually, but it might take awhile.

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/04/08 05:56 PM

Technogran, you can get it from InteractCd on the highlighted yellow link above. Many of our UK Boomers order through them.

Ana wave
Posted By: Carla

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/04/08 07:12 PM

And many of the italians too!
Just received an email from Dave from Interact that mine is on its way, can't wait tomato
Posted By: connie

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/04/08 08:19 PM

Mine is also on its way from Interact. yay
Posted By: kjos

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/04/08 08:36 PM

Dave just shipped mine out today also.
Richard broccoli
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/04/08 09:07 PM

Technogran, am in the U.K. mine is one it's way from Dave also.

Apart from Play.com and sometimes Amazon U.K. don't know anyone else who sells adventure games here.

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/05/08 10:49 AM

Two other UK online stores:

Gameplay

Game
Posted By: joanieS

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/05/08 01:40 PM

I cannot believe it! I ordered this from Interact when the game first went in for pre-orders. Checking to see why I haven't gotten an e-mail, I see there isn't any order pending for me!!! Guess I didn't press the right button. All my months of waiting waiting waiting and now still more. What horrible thing did I do in my life to deserve this! Well, I will just have to live vicariously through you gamers receiving your copies and e-mailing messages until my copy straggles in. Enjoy!!!!!!!

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/05/08 02:26 PM

Fortunately Joanie, Dave is quick and if you order now he'll probably have it well on the way by the time the day is over. lol Sorry you have to wait though, good thing you checked!

Ana wave
Posted By: VRMpls2

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/05/08 07:24 PM

I ordered Mar 3rd, and by yesterday (Mar 4) it was on it's way. And he is sending it right from the distributors (they are in Minnesita like I am). So I should have it either Thursday or Friday. That is very quick. I will be having a great weekend.

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/05/08 10:36 PM

Mine shipped yesterday. Dave was quick about getting the orders out.Hopefully it will be here in the next day or two. I think I will wait until its dark to start playing, so it's even more spooky.Hope a walthrough is available soon too. I can never finish a game without one.(Ain't I the impatient one?).

thracia
Posted By: infernoj13usa

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/06/08 04:18 PM

I ordered mine last August -- and I recieved it yesterday ---
loverly lovely ... I'm taking my time with this one --- savoring every delicious moment.
inferno
Posted By: gaily

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/06/08 04:59 PM

bravo Mine arrived yesterday as well...I had ordered it many many moons ago. Spent some time last night playing it. (I have been re-playing Dark Fall in anticipation) I like it. As you say Inferno, I think I will also take my time enjoying this one as it unfolds. All this and "Overclocked" around the corner. (Another long-awaited title) Whooo Hooo!! monky
Posted By: connie

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/06/08 05:44 PM

Mine just got here a few minutes ago. I am getting ready to install it now. thumbsup wave
Posted By: gamenut

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/06/08 11:07 PM

Mine on the way!...but getting ready for snowstorm per weatherman...so may not get it till late next week....but...still, just knowing its on the way is great!
Posted By: ces

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/07/08 01:14 AM

Got mine from Amazon yesterday. It's installed, but I haven't started it yet. I'm finishing another game first - then I'll start it.
Posted By: Phoebe

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/07/08 01:17 AM

I still waiting mine, it goes to arrive in next week cry

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/07/08 01:52 AM

I got mine also today...

I will load it up tomorrow...
broccoli
Posted By: flutist

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/07/08 10:58 PM

I got mine yesterday. Not going to install it until I finish Darkness Within. That is a great game too.

Bets
Posted By: maggie57

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/08/08 03:12 AM

Hi-

Will someone please tell me if it is point and click game? If so I want to add to my list.

Thanks

maggie think wave

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/08/08 03:17 AM

HI Maggie, yes it is a thrird person point and click game.

Ana wave

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/08/08 03:51 AM

Hi Ana-

Thanks alot, that is one I will buy, thanks for the information so quick.

Take care

maggie wave catrub

P.S. Why are you in the Naughty Corner????????????? rotfl rotfl

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/08/08 03:55 AM

Hi Maggie wave I spent so much time there, I decided to just take my blankie and pillow and stay there. lol

Ana grin

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/08/08 05:06 AM

Ana-

Sounds like I might have to do the same thing, it must be really good.

maggie thumbsup wave
Posted By: Butcher

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/08/08 06:43 AM

Thanks for the news, ordering from Dave smile

Spyros
Posted By: scootergirl

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/09/08 01:27 AM

I've gotten & installed Lost Crown but can't get the game to start!
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/09/08 01:36 AM

Hi ya Scootergirl and welcome to GameBoomers.

There is a patch for the game Here (Scroll all the way to the bottom). I don't know if that will help, but I would try it and see.

There are also several threads about game just a bit further down in this thread.

If you continue to be unable to get it to run, you can post in our Glitches forum for help. They will need some information about your computer though to be able to help.

luck
Posted By: MaG

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/09/08 01:41 AM

scootergirl,

Did you click on the tarot card at bottom right to get the game menu?

If you have other problems, please post at Hints or Glitches - depending on the question. Thanks.

wave L4L!
Posted By: Mystery Lover

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/09/08 05:48 AM

I asked at Best Buy today and the guy I spoke with said they have it, but it's not offically supposed to hit the shelves until 3/13. I might check at Gamestop tomorrow, see if they have it out.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/09/08 10:04 AM

Mystery Lover I was at GameStop the other day and they said they expect shipment March 12th.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/14/08 01:50 AM

Is this game in black and white and can you die in this game ?
Posted By: Darlene

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/14/08 01:56 AM

wave Picked it up today at BestBuy! Will install later tonight, put the earphones on, and enjoy... scared

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/14/08 02:23 AM

The game is in black and white with splashes of color. Not sure about the dying. grin
Posted By: MaG

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/14/08 02:25 AM

Cathy,

No dying and no dead ends. smile
I mean, if something happens, it does repeat to start over.
Posted By: misa

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/14/08 03:08 AM

Just got mine and installed it! smile Started it just to see the intro but will actually start playing it tomorrow.

For those that are having problems running the game, you must install the directx from the cd even if you have the latest version (at least for XP, don't know about vista). I have the most up to date version but the game installs some necessary dll files for the game to run.

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/14/08 03:11 AM

I did not have to install it Misa but that has happened to me in the past. Thanks for the reminder!

Ana wave
Posted By: misa

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/14/08 03:17 AM

Ah! You must have had the dlls from a previous game. smile I installed it first without updating directx from the game but then went back to install it after the game wouldn't start because of missing dlls.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/14/08 09:03 AM

Thanks MaG for the info. I think I will get this game now. wave
Posted By: Jenna

Re: The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure has Shipped to Stores in North America - 03/15/08 09:34 PM

I'm impressed that some of you found this in Best Buy. I wandered in my local BB today and didn't see it on the shelf so I asked a customer service person to look it up. She called it up on her computer and said "Oh, we had this on the shelves over the Christmas holidays but the only way you can get it now is to order from Bestbuy.com." I said "Oh really, can you double check the name on that title one more time please?" She came back with the same information and I just said that was interesting because it only started showing up on the store shelves in March. She then gave me the deer in the head lights look. I will order online but not from Best Buy.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community