GB HOMEPAGE

Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Steals into Stores This Fall

Posted By: Becky

Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Steals into Stores This Fall - 05/14/08 01:57 PM

JoWood/Dreamcatcher go for Hollywood talent for the upcoming Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft, releasing in the fall of 2008.

Quote:
Tapping the talents of two of Hollywood’s rising young stars, JoWooD and DreamCatcher Games...today announced that they have signed on teen media titans Jesse McCartney and Cody Linley to lend their talents as the voices of Frank and Joe Hardy in the forthcoming PC game, The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft.

Emmy award-winning daytime actor and platinum-selling recording artist Jesse McCartney makes his way back to the videogame space as he takes on the voice of elder brother Frank Hardy in The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft. Now a veteran at lending his voice to a videogame character, Jesse will help guide Hannah Montana star, Cody Linley as he rounds out the famous mystery solving duo by lending his voice as Frank’s younger brother, Joe Hardy.

In The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft, the vault of the Spencer Mansion is robbed, and the Bayport Police call on the Hardy Boys to help tie up some loose ends, but they soon find themselves in the middle of a major criminal investigation that takes them on an adventure all over Bayport, and even into New York City. But the pieces don’t add up, and Frank and Joe find themselves embroiled in a drama of sinister proportions.

Is the recent theft linked to something from the past? Can Frank and Joe find and decipher the clues in time to prevent another crime from happening?

The game will be developed by XPEC Entertainment Inc., and will be on store shelves at US retail outlets this fall.

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Steals into Stores This Fall - 05/14/08 02:02 PM

Wow....I was expecting Her Interactive to come out with the Hardy Boys. What a surprise. Looking forward to giving it a go! Thanks Becky!

Ana wave
Posted By: Phoebe

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Steals into Stores This Fall - 05/14/08 02:35 PM

Thanks Becky for the news!! bravo

Love Maria hearts
Posted By: mission

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Steals into Stores This Fall - 05/14/08 03:52 PM

I've given up searching the internet on this one, I do wonder if the Hardy Boys is going to be a third person or first person view game.
Posted By: Carrie

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Steals into Stores This Fall - 05/14/08 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Wow....I was expecting Her Interactive to come out with the Hardy Boys.... Ana
Me too. Imagine getting 2 new Hardy Boys games per year. With HI's proven formula in creating the ND games, I figured a 'brother' company called His Interactive could've churned out 2 HBs each year, giving us a sweet yearly total of 4 from the Her/His Interactive family! From a gamer's POV, this would've been pretty nice. And we'd know what to expect story- and interface-wise with each new installment.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Steals into Stores This Fall - 05/14/08 03:57 PM

mission. As the games near closer to release time, more details will be available.

Carrie, your scenario sounds great to me.

Ana wave

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Steals into Stores This Fall - 05/14/08 04:25 PM

Thank you for the news Becky ... something to look forward to.

Wasn't there some chatter last year about it possibly being 3rd-person interface?

We can have our dreams Ana. ... Aaaaaah, what might've been.....

Posted By: Byron Gaum

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Steals into Stores This Fall - 05/14/08 08:26 PM

Thanks for picking this up! They're both recording in the studio this week!

There will be some news soon about first-person vs. third-person perspective. This was heavily debated here. It's a tough issue!
Posted By: GBC

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Steals into Stores This Fall - 05/14/08 08:44 PM

Thanks for the news Becky.... Hardy Boys is looking to be good gaming. Wonder if it will be as popular as the Nancy Drew Series?
Posted By: mission

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Steals into Stores This Fall - 05/15/08 12:41 AM

Quote:

There will be some news soon about first-person vs. third-person perspective. This was heavily debated here. It's a tough issue!

I get the feeling that it takes less effort (hence shorter development time) to develop a first person view game as there is no need or less of a need to animate Frank/Joe performing all sort of activities - walking, talking, picking up objects, using objects etc. I hope that won't be a factor and the developers would seriously consider the third person perspective.

Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Steals into Stores This Fall - 05/15/08 08:51 AM

Thanks for the update Becky. I'm looking forward to the Hardy boys. I hope they stay true to the stories and there isn't any cooking or sewing to do!
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Steals into Stores This Fall - 05/15/08 09:28 AM

Thanks Becky, looking forward to it

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Steals into Stores This Fall - 05/15/08 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Kaki's Sister
..... I hope they stay true to the stories and there isn't any cooking or sewing to do!
Imagine Frank & Joe taking turns at the ol' Singer.. lol ... or flipping burgers. Well, burgers... maybe. But these are tasks I sure don't want to tackle again either! razz
Posted By: PMcOuntry

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Steals into Stores This Fall - 05/16/08 12:18 AM

Great news! I too thought it'd be put out by Her Interactive! I hope they are as good as the Nancy Drew games! Can't wait for screen shots!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community