GB HOMEPAGE

Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown

Posted By: bkrytr

Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/16/08 11:42 PM

I really hate it when I spend more than 20 bucks for a game and get disappointed. cry So, if you guys would be so kind, some pros and cons, please??? thanks burger
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/16/08 11:48 PM

Hi, bkrytr

This game has only Good things about it..I found it to be one of the Best Yet!!!!

It has everything, Beauty,Style,Class. A lovely spooky game..

You won't be disappointed..
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/16/08 11:51 PM

bkrytr, we have countless threads on The Lost Crown and I'd have to say the majority loved it. Try searching the Key word "Crown".

I found it to be one of the best games to come along in a really really long time.

Ana wave
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/17/08 12:09 AM

I would agree the those opinions-- I really liked the game- it is worth it--
Posted By: irishgirl1228

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/17/08 01:05 AM

I loved The Lost Crown! It was one of the best games I have played in a while. It's definitely worth the money! bravo
Posted By: Bernard

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/17/08 02:05 AM

The game has some issues against it, such as bad voice acting, slow movement and, what seems to be a major problem to some players, some plot holes. In the end however, this game is worth every cent you spend on it.

Bernard
Posted By: RayBres

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/17/08 02:26 AM

I found it to be a very good game. What exactly was disappointing about it?
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/17/08 07:28 AM

I like this game too... Haven't finish it yet but until now it's really good... Lovely spooky atmosphere and a good story too... smile
Posted By: sam1950

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/17/08 07:44 AM

Thanks for the info. I thought about looking for it and after reading these post will try to find it
Posted By: bkrytr

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/17/08 02:34 PM

It wasn't this game I was disappointed in RayBres. I haven't bought this one yet. Just have it on my 'wish list' at Amazon.com.
Thanks, everyone. Sounds like a game worth buying!
Posted By: cazziejoe

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/17/08 07:08 PM

I have to be honest here....
I'm about a third of the way through so I'll update this when I'm done. While I certainly appreciate the talent and effort that went into it (I couldn't program a crossword)I'm a little bored with it; there doesn't seem to be that much "game" to it so far. Certainly alot of walking around and thankfully not to much chit-chat! Like I said maybe it hasn't hit it's stride yet. Will let you know.
IMHO caz
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/17/08 09:33 PM

There's an Andrew Plotkin "mini-review" that goes into detail about some of the problems with the navigation here
http://eblong.com/zarf/gamerev/lostcrown.html

He did enjoy the game overall, but felt it could have been greatly improved with just a few tweaks.

And of course we have Nickie's review here
http://www.gameboomers.com/reviews/Ll/TheLostCrownbynickie.htm
Posted By: Phoebe

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/18/08 03:02 AM

Is a brilliant game..wonderful graphics,story,atmosphere!!I love this game!

Love Maria hearts
Posted By: thracia

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/18/08 10:31 AM

I thought this was one of the best games I ever played, and I have been playing games a loooong time. Well worth the money and time spent playing it.

thracia
Posted By: old lady

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/18/08 01:37 PM

I liked the way the game kept you in one location until you had done what was needed in that area. Great story that made you think. a very good mixture of different puzzles, inovative graphics, the only down side was the acting of one person. I got 2 weeks of playing and enjoyed every minute of it. I would give it a 9.99 out of 10.
Posted By: Jeepers

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/18/08 02:07 PM

I am not finished with Lost Crown, but seem to be enthralled with it, for the most part. I am a little perplexed with Got Games, who usually come out with some of the best graphic/puzzle,etc games ever. This one is in black and white with a few colors on flowers. I don't know why they released it with the slow movements and over all game movement. I am a little disappointed in lack of puzzles (however, not finished). All in all, I would recommend this game to all. It has a lot of MEAT to it, unlike so many that are just pretty to look at. I am learning a lot about anglo saxon history. Great story line.
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/18/08 05:47 PM

I didn't mind the voices, it was not being able to run. My favorite part is the ghost busting especially the monitors when we get to set them up in the house and see we are not alone. LOL
I think if you buy it you won't regret it.
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/19/08 05:30 AM

Personally i loved the game, it's undoubtedly among the best i have played so far. It was quite lengthy but not boring, the story kept evolving and each time you did something you were getting pieces for this story which would help you get the whole picture at the end. I would absolute jump up and down with the possibility of a Lost Crown 2 or anything similar coming from Jonathan.
Posted By: o1alien

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/19/08 02:28 PM

I hated the fact that the game was over. I loved this game and am looking forward to a Lost Crown 2...it seemed to be left open to a sequel.
Posted By: SirDave

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/19/08 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeepers
I am a little perplexed with Got Games, who usually come out with some of the best graphic/puzzle,etc games ever.

Got Game is the publisher, not the developer.
Posted By: mel22odie

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/19/08 05:25 PM

Just happen that I was browsing and read this excellent review. I do intend to get the Lost Crown, however his review reminded me of just how great the movement, dialogue and speech of the old Sherlock Holmes, The Case of the Rose Tatto was (is). I am replaying it again for the nth time. It amazes me how they created the graphics. I don't know how they did it but would love to see some of today''s games made with such real characters,great speech and dialogue. Mel22odie

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/22/08 08:04 PM

Sir Dave, Where in my post did I say that Got Game developed Lost Crown? I said, and I repeat, they usually come out with some of the best games.......which means, their name is all over it and they approved its release to the public. I thank you to not add words to my posts or change the wording!

Jeepers
Posted By: MaG

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/22/08 08:14 PM

Darkling room worked on the game a lot before publishing it with Got Games. Also worked on the Vista part. I wonder, did you play it using Vista, Jeepers?
Also just a thought, double click on the exits to speed the transition from one screen to another - that might help.

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/22/08 10:36 PM

Hi Marita, No, I have XP. It just seems sluggish going from Point A to Point B then you have to wait for the curser to show up to click again. When you are running (or trying to run, or at best hurrying) from the ghosties, it is downright slow! I would still buy it again, is a great game. Can't wait to see how it ends. Wonder if there will be another?

Jeepers
Posted By: cutiechix37

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/22/08 10:51 PM

This was the best game played by far! Engaging storyline, beautiful graphics, wonderful voice overs, hauntingly delicious atmospheres. This is a must-play if you enjoy this genre of game!!!
Posted By: Becky

Re: Some opinions, please, on The Lost Crown - 05/23/08 06:05 AM

Hi cutiechix37 and welcome to GameBoomers! welcome
© 2024 GameBoomers Community