GB HOMEPAGE

Recent game hauls

Posted By: colpet

Recent game hauls - 09/13/06 05:56 PM

I got this thread idea from my book forum where members list their new aquisitions.
I came back from my local EB today with Ankh. Not my usual type of game, but the price was right ($19.99 CDN) and I was hit with a wave of BAAGs smile . Last week I picked up Safecracker. I think the packaging is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to playing this one.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Recent game hauls - 09/13/06 06:02 PM

In the past couple of days -- Mr. Smoozles goes Nutso (purchased online), Zork Grand Inquisitor (downloaded via GameTap), and SpongeBob SquarePants: Nighty Nightmare (purchased at Best Buy).
Posted By: jldcat

Re: Recent game hauls - 09/13/06 06:09 PM

I just ordered Ankh, Aura and Voyage from amazon.ca...do they count since I haven't gotten them yet but have ordered them.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Recent game hauls - 09/13/06 06:33 PM

Safecracker arrived today, and it looks rather good. Paradise is my other most recent buy; have started playing but not gotten very far with it yet.

Re: Recent game hauls - 09/13/06 10:20 PM

jldcat -- yes, I'd say that ordering counts. smile

Re: Recent game hauls - 09/13/06 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jldcat:
I just ordered Ankh, Aura and Voyage from amazon.ca...do they count since I haven't gotten them yet but have ordered them.
Absolutely! Even recent trades or secondhand finds fit in.
Posted By: Tyke

Re: Recent game hauls - 09/14/06 12:05 AM

Um...er...Oh my, I do hope hubby doesn't see this post...or I'm a 'Dead Duck' happydance

Sue smile
Posted By: Adventure Lover

Re: Recent game hauls - 09/14/06 12:10 AM

I just bought Keepsake, Safecracker, The Secrets of Da Vinci, Return to Mysterious Island, and Lula 3D from justadventure.com. Just downloaded SCUMM in order to play Loom which I never ever played, so I am playing that now. I just finished Oblivion. Also bought Black and White 2 and installed that. Bought Dreamfall, installed it and can NOT get it to work - I'm a little miffed over that. frown

Can't wait to play Broken Sword 4 and looking forward to playing El Ammo and Oh. My. Gosh, I can't wait to play Gray Matter.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Recent game hauls - 09/14/06 12:15 AM

It's been a slow week for me. Ankh arrived a few days ago, I downloaded and bought Mr. Smoozles Goes Nutso, I got an email today saying Al Emmo has been shipped, and I bought a boxed and complete Waxworks on eBay (an adventure/RPG from the early 1990s). But the pace should pick up in October. laugh

Re: Recent game hauls - 09/14/06 12:18 AM

Quote:
In my defence though...My birthday was in August, and my two wonderful daughters gave me an IOU which read...We promise to pay the bearer, one new adventure game every month until next birthday....Great present
What a wonderful gift!
Posted By: jldcat

Re: Recent game hauls - 09/14/06 12:25 AM

OK, this is off topic but it'll only take a sec.......Adventure Lover, did you put a post in the glitches forum to see if someone can help you with Dreamfall? They really know their stuff!!
Posted By: niteowl07

Re: Recent game hauls - 09/14/06 12:46 AM

trying to finish "necronimicon" on the 98 ,so I can play both of the "shivers" games , and 7th Guest(that came today !)then "Monet"(which came Mon)

Re: Recent game hauls - 09/14/06 01:44 AM

I LOVED the Shivers games! I remember when the first one came out I had never even heard of it, and it turned out to be such fun. One of those real sleepers. smile
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Recent game hauls - 09/14/06 02:48 AM

I just finished Al Emmo and I have Secret Files:Tunguska, Runaway 2, Broken Sword Angel of Death and Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express on preorder. There is also a long list on a spreadsheet of games I am waiting to preorder. It looks to be a good winter. happydance

Ana wave
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Recent game hauls - 09/14/06 07:11 AM

Just waiting for Al Emmo & broken sword to arrive but will be buying just about every game as they come out!!!!!

smile

Re: Recent game hauls - 09/14/06 04:34 PM

If we're talking pre-orders, then I also have Secret Files:Tunguska, Runaway 2 and the new Agatha Christie winging their way to me in the very near future. laugh And Al Emmo has just despatched, so... good times ahead! We are truly all addicted, eh?
Posted By: Adventure Lover

Re: Recent game hauls - 09/16/06 12:49 AM

Hi jidcat, no I haven't visited the Glitches thread yet, but thank you for a great idea!
Posted By: syd

Re: Recent game hauls - 09/16/06 01:23 AM

Just bought Nancy Drew: Danger By Design (I do hope there's no sewing), Ankh and The Secrets of Da Vinci - The Forbidden Manuscript. Lots still on the "to be bought" list however. I am seriously behind in my adventure game buying.
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: Recent game hauls - 12/26/06 09:46 PM

What is the link to the preorder for Dead Reefs please, unable to find it on my own.
Love, Betty Lou

Re: Recent game hauls - 12/26/06 09:52 PM

BL, Dead Reefs is available for preorder for 24.98 at Amazon HERE.

Ana happydance
Posted By: Tyke

Re: Recent game hauls - 12/27/06 11:49 PM

Hi, Betty Lou happydance

HERE

Sue smile
Posted By: Carrie

Re: Recent game hauls - 12/28/06 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedTigre:
BL, Dead Reefs is available for preorder for 24.98 at Amazon HERE. Ana
Oooh.. a nice $5. discount, plus Amazon's guarantee of applying further discounts --if offered-- to your pre-order cost. Thanks for the link, Ana.

Glad you asked, Betty Lou. It may be time to move "Dead Reefs" from my Wish List to my BAAGed List!

Latest haul:
Agatha Christie: Murder..Orient Exp.; Nancy Drew (2 at nice discounts) Danger by Design & ..Kapu Cave.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Recent game hauls - 12/28/06 10:30 PM

I guess my latest "haul" is ordering Runaway 2 and Atlantis 5 from InteractCD yesterday.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Recent game hauls - 12/29/06 07:36 PM

Secrets of Atlantis: The Sacred Legacy
Should get it in a few days happydance bravo

Re: Recent game hauls - 02/24/07 12:14 PM

I recently got Scavenger Hunter.

Re: Recent game hauls - 02/24/07 04:28 PM

Have just finished playing The Awakened. What a great game.
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Recent game hauls - 02/24/07 08:50 PM

I have Broken Sword 3 and 4 ordered and shipped, should arrive by Monday or Tuesday hopefully. I recently finished playing 1 and 2 and totally enjoyed both. Players reactions to 3 and 4 have been rather mixed from great to terrible it seems to me, so I'm gambling on which way I will decide after playing. I do need a George Stobbart fix though so willing to take chances.
Posted By: ssgamer

Re: Recent game hauls - 02/25/07 12:30 AM

Watchmaker, Broken Sword IV, Conspiraces, one can't have to many adventure games or good books.

Playing Secrets of Da Vinci and Da Vinci Code, and Hauntings of Mystery Manor.

Rereading all of Elizabeth Peters, Egypt books.

wave Charllotte
Posted By: margiesam

Re: Recent game hauls - 03/02/07 03:55 PM

I just bought Broken Sword 4, Secrets of the Ark. It's funny the game's programming has a lot of glitches, more than bs3. I think they should have tried to stay with the same engine as bs#3 and not try to improve or change it. Other than that I am happy to be playing this game.
Margie
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Recent game hauls - 03/02/07 10:11 PM

I hope you enjoy Ankh. I really liked it. happydance
Posted By: Demosthenes

Re: Recent game hauls - 03/03/07 12:29 AM

I bowed to necessity the other day and picked up Broken Sword IV, (along with Gothic II for $9.99--but without the expansion...)

BS4 really does have a lot of glitches, but once I got it running stably--or at least marginally so, as it now "only" freezes the computer once every few hours--I had a lot of fun playing it. Hint to anyone finding the game freezes too much: try turning off anti-aliasing by setting it to 0, and leave the resolution at the default values. At least, that worked for me....sort of.

Oh, and not too long ago I picked up a still-shrink-wrapped, boxed copy of Zork: Nemesis for about $8, but with all the hassle trying to get it to run, (mostly involving using CPU slowdown utilities that don't *quite* do what they need to do) I haven't actually finished it....

Now I'm just waiting for Runaway 2, and maybe those Dreamfall "episodes," eventually.

Re: Recent game hauls - 03/16/07 08:30 PM

The Secrets od Da Vinci arrived today, thanks to our productive Trading Post. smile

Re: Recent game hauls - 04/22/07 07:16 PM

I bought Sacred Rings and Broken Sword 4 at Walmart today. I'm not sure when I'll get to them, but they sure look good on my shelf laugh .
Posted By: wysewomon

Re: Recent game hauls - 04/22/07 07:26 PM

sacred rings sure looks beautiful! but it lost to Nancy Drew in the coin toss....

WW
Posted By: Slartibartfast

Re: Recent game hauls - 04/22/07 09:22 PM

A good haul on eBay for me today.

Secrets Files: Tunguska, Nancy Drew: The Final Scene and Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern all for
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Recent game hauls - 04/22/07 09:29 PM

I have just received Zanarah,The Awakened,waiting for Syberia 1&2 to arrive!And I have the Myst Trilogy not even opened yet laugh I also have a game list of ones to buy as they come out wave
Posted By: aretha

Re: Recent game hauls - 04/23/07 10:48 AM

Finally got around to buying Barrow Hill but not inclined to play it over the last few bright sunny days. Ordered Dead Reefs and Ankh2 and acquired Wild Wild West which will have me heading for glitches help.

I wanted Ankh 2 but the others are being bought because of comments made by fellow Gameboomers, so is it my fault lol

Re: Recent game hauls - 04/23/07 04:19 PM

I have Delaware 3, Ankh 2 and The Sacred Rings on pre-order, and am waiting (im)patiently for all of them. I have nothing new to play right now and it's driving me bananas!
Posted By: SnickersMom

Re: Recent game hauls - 04/24/07 04:00 AM

I ordered Delaware 1 & 2, I have BS Secrets of the Ark, Curse The Eye of Isis, The Sacred Rings, AH's The Final Cut, Forever Worlds and a few more put away for later. I don't think I have too many. rotfl

I'm playing Jewel Quest 2, Word Travels, Bricks of Egypt and Scavenger Hunter.

Donna laugh

Re: Recent game hauls - 04/06/08 06:12 PM

It's been a while since I've bought games so I had some catching up to do. Just ordered:
Rhem 3
Ghost in the Sheet
The Lost Crown
Loath Nolder
Secret of Larson's Folly
Scratches Director's Cut (even though I have the 1st version unopened)
Delaware St. John Seacliff Tragedy
Longest Journey DVD

Re: Recent game hauls - 04/06/08 06:13 PM

Colpet -- you've many happy hours ahead of you. grin
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: Recent game hauls - 04/06/08 06:18 PM

Neptune's Secret, The Lost Crown, The Experiment and pre-ordered Riddle of the Tomb, Overclocked and Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes (hidden object).

I finished 2 of them duh but still keep buying, lol.

Re: Recent game hauls - 04/06/08 06:21 PM

Remembered one that I wanted that wasn't available through interact CD - Last Half of Darkness Beyond the Spirit'a Eye - so I just ordered it from the developer's site. Talk about a day of BAAGing crazy

Re: Recent game hauls - 04/06/08 06:36 PM

I think I'm just about up-to-date with recent hauls with just a couple of games to order & waiting for including Jack Keaane. Still in the stack to play:
Darkness within (that's next!),
Ghost in the Sheet,
The Secrets of Atlantis,
Delaware St John 3,
Ankh 2,
Sacred Rings,
Ugly Prince Duckling,
SH Arsene Lupine,
Next Life,
Undercover Operation Wintersun
Anacapri
CSI Hard Evidence &
The Experiment (okay, wasn't going to buy that but my finger just slipped to the buy button! lol) Then there's also some older games I've been coming across here & there ...... I don't think I'm going to be gameless for some time! smile

Re: Recent game hauls - 12/20/08 09:36 PM

Just got back from Staples with Dracula Origin and Hardy Boys Hidden Theft.
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Recent game hauls - 12/21/08 12:31 AM

Yeah well, I'm all out of new games to play :cry12:

Been checking the casual game market, but with already 30 games bought from BigFish within the last 1½ month, I have to cut back a bit, lol

Re: Recent game hauls - 12/21/08 12:52 AM

misslilo, at least at 6.99 (I assume you joined the game club if you bought that many) it's a good deal. I'm just about to sit down with a couple I just downloaded. With the holidays, it's a perfect way to steal a few minutes. :happydance12:
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Recent game hauls - 12/21/08 12:55 AM

I am working my way through Simon 4...I Bagged on a trade here at Boomers... <What A Game> :bravo12:
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Recent game hauls - 12/21/08 03:05 PM

Within the last month and a half I have bought/traded for
So Blonde, Hardy Boys, Chronicles Of Mystery, Everlight, Rhianon and Sinking Island . I am working my way through So Blonde , great game, and during my vacation I plan to work my way through the remaining and maybe by New Year's Eve I will be through and ready for the new releases coming out for 2009.

Re: Recent game hauls - 01/10/09 10:03 PM

I bought Outcry today.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Recent game hauls - 01/11/09 03:18 AM

Despite having an "unplayed stack" which is already very out of control - I just had to buy the Syberia double pack and that was my most recent acquisition grin
Posted By: J_Man

Re: Recent game hauls - 01/17/09 04:52 AM

chrissie.
You should enjoy Jack Keane. If you have Windows vista it will work too. Another game you may think of is Ankh. It is another good point and click game, and again will run with Vista.
Hope you have fun with games

John

Re: Recent game hauls - 01/17/09 04:58 AM

I just received, as a gift, So Blonde, from a kind and wonderful friend in the Netherlands--I can't wait to play it! smile happydance
Posted By: amlamb

Re: Recent game hauls - 01/17/09 06:17 AM

I just finish playing Dracula 2 today.
My new games are
-Agon-The lost sword of Toledo
-Belief & Betrayal
-Cleopatra Riddle of the Tomb
-Everlight
-Outcry
-Murder in the Abbey.
I don't know which one to play next. headscratch any suggestions

Re: Recent game hauls - 01/17/09 02:27 PM

I just finished the whole Monkey Island series laugh
Decided a few days back it was time to do a replay of them and had a fantastic time!

I did however run into a few problems with MI4 - kept crashing back to desktop. Finally I could play it, but the cutscenes didn't work...will have to figure that out on another time.

Right now I'm looking through all my games to see what's next on the menu laugh
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Recent game hauls - 01/26/09 02:52 PM

My haul in the last month and a half has been:

A Vampyre Story
Scratches Director's Cut
The Witcher (The Dark Side)
The Lost Crown
Runaway
Runaway 2
And I'm soon going to buy Overclocked and Broken Sword 4.

My name is Sharon and I have BAAGS...

Re: Recent game hauls - 01/26/09 05:43 PM

Hi J_Man, I've just seen your post! I did get to play Jack Keane & totally enjoyed it! I've also enjoyed both Ankh games - sadly it doesn't look like the third one will be released in English! cry I still have Windows XP & have no plans at the moment to upgrade to Vista as from what I've been reading it doesn't seem so great to play games on but thank you! I am having a lot of fun with games & do like a variety of styles! smile

I still haven't played most of the games mentioned in my previous post as I keep accummulating more & tend to play the newer ones first! Recent hauls include Sinking Island, Nikopol, Murder in the Abbey, Rhiannon, A Vampyre Story & So Blonde amongst quite a few others! Yes! I've definitely got BAAGs! & I'm lucky that I'm not going to run out of games any time soon! lol

Re: Recent game hauls - 04/03/09 02:29 PM

Other than Jonathan's Pins and Needles, I just ordered Immortals of Terra (Perry Rhodan), Rhiannon, and Diamonds in ther Rough.
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Recent game hauls - 04/06/09 01:17 PM

Since January, I've been buying a lot of games. I can't seem to quit. hardwall

I now have
Darkfall: Pins & Needles Edition
Journeyman Project 3 on DVD
The Last Express
Gothic Universe
Syberia 1 & 2
Darkness Within
Sherlock Holmes Trilogy
Sam & Max Season 1
Leisure Suit Larry Collection
Overclocked
Runaway 1 & 2
Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis
The Curse of Monkey Island
Ghost in the Sheet
Nibiru
Broken Sword 4
Crystal Key 2
Atlantis Evolution
The Experiment
Immortals of Terra

and that doesn't include the games I bought in December. Plus, I have 2 games I'm bidding on now from Ebay.

I have serious inflammation of BAAGS crazy, but I've promised myself not to buy anymore for a while, unless they are on GoGamer's Midnight Madness or TP for a really good price.

Or maybe a newly released game that I'm looking forward to, such as Still Life 2. yay

I must be stocking up for a long retirement... bravo

© 2024 GameBoomers Community