GB HOMEPAGE

Belief and BeTrayal

Posted By: Trisha

Belief and BeTrayal - 06/24/08 02:53 AM

Has anyone else played this game and thought it was not that great of game. I really thought it would be alot better than it actually was and it was to me the worse adventure game I have played in a long time. Just my thoughts.i would like to know if there are others that feel it was not that great a game either. Thanks alot Trisha smile
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Belief and BeTrayal - 06/24/08 03:39 AM

HI Trisha

I had it on pre order for quite sometime with much anticipation..

Then the Demo came out...I played it...At that point I canceled my order...

I thought the game was not worth the money at all...

My Opinion
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Belief and BeTrayal - 06/24/08 08:02 PM

I didn't like it either... I think that it is full of cutscenes (which it would not be bad if they had something to do with the story) and very few gameplay... No i think this game has too much advertisement for no reason...
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Belief and BeTrayal - 06/24/08 08:17 PM

My game is currently en route to me - it's late arriving, I think the postman may have eaten it. What is it about the game that makes it so poor? Dull plot, illogical puzzles? Or is it ruined mainly by the sheer quantity of cutscenes (a la Overclocked)? think I'm still curious to play it.
Posted By: Celtic Lark

Re: Belief and BeTrayal - 06/24/08 08:29 PM

Hmmm.... I was thinking of ordering B&B after my next paycheck but now I'm not so sure. I think I'll check out the demo and wait for others to weigh in before deciding.
Posted By: twenty

Re: Belief and BeTrayal - 06/24/08 08:32 PM

Belief and Betrayal has impressive screenshots. I do wonder if it is really that bad headscratch - few gameplay, unrelated cut scenes - I hope it is not true. If not, after all the hype about Belief and Betrayal, this game is a let down smashpc. Not worth the $29.99 which is more expensive than those by Adventure Company.

Posted By: Moogie

Re: Belief and BeTrayal - 06/24/08 08:34 PM

Yes I was disappointed with it as well. Too many cut scenes; made worse for me by constant flickering and double images. The inventory was clumsy to bring up and the communicator was awkward to use. Also too short. Sadly I'd forgotten I had it on preorder.
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Belief and BeTrayal - 06/24/08 09:41 PM

I was impressed too by the sceenshots. That's why i played this game. The scenery may be nice but from my point of view this was the only good thing in this game. I expected much more. However there are many players that disagree, so before you decide to buy it or not try the demo first. smile
Posted By: Trisha

Re: Belief and BeTrayal - 06/24/08 11:14 PM

The game was just not what I thought it would be at all. I played the demo and then thought maybe the full game will be better. Boy was I wrong I totally agree with Moogie about the inventory and the communicator.Too many cut scenes made me think I was watching a movie not playing an adventure game. Totally not worth the money as far as I am concerned.I have played too many fantastic games, and some that were good and some that were okay but I could not class this one with any of them. So heres to the new Nancy Drew I hope it is as good as some of her other ones. broccoli cool
Posted By: lovehouse

Re: Belief and BeTrayal - 06/24/08 11:38 PM

It is a pity that the game is so shortmad.

And the inventory and the communicator stink mad

If only they did a better job hardwall

love pacify

Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Belief and BeTrayal - 06/25/08 06:18 AM

Think I will give this one a miss .So many good games out at the momment so I can get a little picky and not enough pennies wave lol
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Belief and BeTrayal - 06/26/08 07:08 AM

I am nearly at the end of Belief and Betrayal. The storyline is interesting and I appreciate the spacebar so we can see what area to hunt for pixels. Strange I did like the communicator, made it more interesting like a PDA.

However I have had major graphic glitches that smear the character when he moves that come and go. I updated my GT Nivida 8800 video card, so that is not the problem. Just learned to live with the glitch especially when moving. I have vista 32 OS system, so don't know if that is the problem.

Now the worse part for me again has to do with the graphics. For instance when the main character is moving around the city, or a building, the graphic image is so tiny like a zoom out mode. It really spoils the graphics and playability of the game.

Click to reveal..
I do not regret buying the game though. The cut scenes didn't bother me that much. Nice touch was for instance when another charcter has his guts ripped out and hung like he was crucified on the wall, eyes gouged out, and the character had the wisdom to hit the webcam button so the murderer would be caught.

I think the voices were good as well as the music.

Another major complaint for me was just like act of murder, there wasn't enough character intervention or places to explore.

Well, that is my opinion of the game. The puzzles are interesting but grateful for a walkthrough for sometimes I didn't know what to do next.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Belief and BeTrayal - 06/26/08 10:03 AM

Hi Sherryah -- I put one paragraph with details from the game in a spoiler tag, just in case. thumbsup
Posted By: Benedict

Re: Belief and BeTrayal - 06/26/08 03:27 PM

After reading Sherrya's comment with "disbelief" I feel the "betrayal" of the age 12+ rating.

It all sounds like "The Da Vinci code" married with a Hannibal Lecter story.

Posted By: lovehouse

Re: Belief and BeTrayal - 06/26/08 06:08 PM

Yo Ben kissy

The 12+ rating is not what you think. Publishers first propose a rating. shocked

Upon receiving proposed rating, the game is checked before the 12+ rating is granted. yay

The Europeans have higher standards and are more liberal. They feel their kids can deal with life better monky

NICAM along with ISFE will grant the publisher to use the 12+ logo on the box. yay yay

May not be what you imagined pacify

Don't freak out.... rotfl just relax and enjoy devilchili

love kissy

Posted By: Benedict

Re: Belief and BeTrayal - 06/26/08 06:24 PM

Thanks Lovehouse. Wow, Europeans are fortunate. I heard their version of Indigo Prohecy has some additional naughty stuff. Don't worry for me, I have a good threshold for violent movies so I should be able to enjoy whatever gruesome stuff they have in B&B.

Cheers,

B.
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Belief and BeTrayal - 06/26/08 08:49 PM

Thanks Becky for spoiler tag, don't want to spoil the surprise.
Just for a heads up, if you read the spoiler tag, as far as I know only one scene is like that.
Posted By: SirGraham

Re: Belief and BeTrayal - 07/04/08 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Sherryah
However I have had major graphic glitches that smear the character when he moves that come and go. I updated my GT Nivida 8800 video card, so that is not the problem. Just learned to live with the glitch especially when moving. I have vista 32 OS system, so don't know if that is the problem

Try turning off shadows, it might stop the smearing.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community