GB HOMEPAGE

Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches--Update 8-12-08--Lighthouse will Release Rhiannon in Europe

Posted By: Becky

Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches--Update 8-12-08--Lighthouse will Release Rhiannon in Europe - 06/25/08 03:31 PM

Legends, myths, and magic spill into reality as an ancient battle for revenge envelopes a remote Welsh farmstead in this horror-adventure for the PC

Quote:
Got Game Entertainment LLC today announced a North American publishing deal for “Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches” (PC). Created by Arberth Studios of West Wales, “Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches” promises an authentic first-person, point-and-click adventure brimming with Celtic atmosphere. This spine-tingling story of the haunting of a lonely, teenage girl blends magic with technology, fact with myth, and horror with compassion. The game, scheduled for release October 2008 with a suggested retail of $29.99 (USD), is a feast for lovers of ghost stories, mysteries, legends, and puzzles. “Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches” is not yet rated by the ESRB.

For screenshots from the game, click here.

Quote:
“Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches”, based on the classic Welsh “Four Branches” legends, is set in a mystical place on the Celtic fringes of Britain, a place where myth and magic spill into reality, threatening the sanity of a teenage girl and bringing an ancient battle for revenge to a remote Welsh farmstead. Are reports of unexplained noises and strange visions by fifteen year old Rhiannon Sullivan merely the figments of an overactive imagination? Or does the history of her family’s new home, Ty Pryderi, hold a terrible connection to a timeless struggle between man and magic? Her parents take Rhiannon away, leaving Ty Pryderi to your watch and exploration, but their absence can only postpone an ancient inevitability of revenge and death.

Unless you can stop it!

Click here for more information.

Posted By: Mad

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/25/08 03:38 PM

Hi Becky smile

Thanks for that !!

Sounds like another case of soon being compelled to spend more pennies crazy

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/25/08 03:38 PM

Mystical place, Magic...OHHHH I love it broccoli

Thanks, Becky

What a treat
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/25/08 03:53 PM

Hmm, what happened to the Mabinogion? I've been tracking this game as Rhiannon: Beyond the Mabinogion by Arberth Studios for some time, suddenly it turns into Four Branches? I'm not nearly as curious about this as I was about the other.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/25/08 03:58 PM

Sierramindy -- I've checked the description of the plot, and this seems to be the same game as Mabinogion, but with a changed subtitle. I think perhaps the North American publisher decided that two difficult-to-spell-and-pronounce Welsh words in one title might be too much for us North Americans. grin
Posted By: lovehouse

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/25/08 04:14 PM

Thanks Becky thumbsup

I love a Celtic treat pacify!

Looking forward to this one kissy

love hearts

Posted By: noelbruton

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/25/08 04:43 PM

Hello chaps. Becky's absolutely right, there was a marketing decision in the US about the potential complexity of pronunciation - so a new strapline was arrived at. It is exactly the same game and the 'Four Branches' referred to are specifically the legends we've used from the Mabinogion.

We're on the home straight and it feels fabulous. There'll be a playable demo soon as well.

BTW, thanks to all the beta-testing volunteers. Had a great response from GB.

Cheers

Noel
Game Engineering
Arberth Studios

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/25/08 07:28 PM

Woe is me! Beyond the Mabinogion sounded so adventurous and full of possibilities of who-knows-what, so I was really, really intrigued. However, Curse of the Four Branches just sounds like a lot of trouble of the kind that bores me. I am not a fan of horror stories, I don't dig Dracula, with the exception of one chase scene in a movie where someone yelled, "Catch him, that's Dracula" and somebody else shouted, "Dracula who?" Now, that's funny, it always cracks me up!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/25/08 07:30 PM

Never judge a book by it's cover. grin I believe in this case, it would be better suited to not judge a game by it's name. lol

Ana wave

Posted By: escakacs

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/25/08 07:40 PM

Is this a vampire game? Please tell me isn't a vampire game. I'm a sucker for anything Celtic. sad
Posted By: Jess519

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/25/08 10:00 PM

Thanks for the info, Becky!

Those initial screenshots aren't fabulous (or at least don't give me much of a sense of atmosphore, they're just room screenshots). But the story sounds like it could be really cool.

Another one to look forward too, I think!

smile

-------
Posted By: GBC

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/25/08 10:29 PM

Thanks Becky...this game is sure looking good to me from the sound of it.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/25/08 11:19 PM

Guys, this is really tricky. I want to say "No, no no, it's not like that it's like ..." but I can't because that would be a spoiler. Be assured that 'Rhiannon' is not a 'vampire' game - nothing so superficial. It's MUCH more involved that that. You will pit your intelligence against the deviousness of a Welsh wizard. He is Llwyd, the sorcerer who appears in each of the Four Branches of the Mabinogion and it is from those four tales that we take our story.

BTW, don't underestimate rooms. It's not just the rooms, it's what happens in them.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/25/08 11:42 PM

I don't do vampires. they scare me. they're the only "monsters" that do. I supposed if it's a vampire with a Celtic accent I might be able to handle it. scared
Posted By: Phoebe

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/26/08 03:22 AM

Hey Becky thanks, sounds great.. bravo
I love this kind of adventures is my fav

Love Maria hearts
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/26/08 08:50 AM

I love deep dark stories. Hope Interact will stock it, another game to play on the dark rainy winter nights.
Thanks Becky
EDIT Noel, I adore mysterious rooms . Thank you, can't wait.
Posted By: Jess519

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/26/08 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: noelbruton
BTW, don't underestimate rooms. It's not just the rooms, it's what happens in them.
Noel, hope I didn't offend! Just meant there's no actual spookiness appearing in those screenshots themselves. (But I probably shouldn't be spoiled anyway!) grin

I'm still very much looking forward to this game.

smile

-------

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/26/08 02:47 PM

Offended? Moi? Nah. grin Simply can't imagine being offended by anyone here. Anyway, skin like a rhinocerous wearing an anorak while sitting in a titanium battletank buried in concrete, me. lol

Mind you, there are indeed no traditional-style ghostly apparitions in those pictures though, so I see where you're coming from. The pictures are supposed to demonstrate that our graphics at least conform to the state of the art, I guess. It's the plot and the sounds and the music and the surprises and the way we'll generally mess with your head that'll spook you. scared

Cheers

Noel

BTW, must get round to sorting out my signature. We'll be in the shops by Halloween.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/26/08 03:09 PM

Hi, noelbruton

I am prepared to be Spooked,Haunted, Scared,Creeped Out Etc Etc lol

BTW...I am prepared to be kissed by Dracula also devil

Can't wait for this game thumbsup

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/26/08 03:50 PM

Hi noelbruton,
And readers of this thread:
I am not judging the game or even the name of the game! How shall I put this? My curiosity (strongly built into my DNA) is very keen when I read "Beyond the Mabinogion" which conjures up all sorts of "unknowns" but "Four Branches" is sort of "blah" and all I can think is like, 4 branches of what? a river? a road? a tree? I'm reacting, not judging. Kittens have curiosity, babies have curiosity, but they aren't making judgments and neither am I.
I haven't made up my mind as yet whether I will buy this game or not, depends on what I learn and how I react to it in the future. Curiosity keeps my mind open as to whatever comes next, but why do I get the feeling that if one decides right now at the beginning that this "sounds" like a great game (a reaction) that this is a reasonable statement that is easily accepted.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/26/08 04:10 PM

I agree with Sierramindy. I don't know why publishers always feel they have to dumb down titles for North America. All it does is make it harder to find information about the game, and the original game names are almost always more interesting.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/26/08 05:28 PM

I think they dumb things down because they think we're dumb. shame

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/26/08 08:12 PM

If they thought we were dumb, I don't think they'd include the difficult puzzles in adventure games. They might think we're impulsive -- they've studied what attracts people when they see a game on the shelf, and they try to make the title, box art, etc. fit what seems to make people buy.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/26/08 08:47 PM

It was a joke!!!

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/26/08 09:40 PM

grin

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/26/08 09:41 PM

Sierramindy's observations about the nature of curiosity strike a chord with me. It is curiosity itself that *makes* the adventure genre.

One of the reasons why Karen and Richard and I are writing for adventure players rather than those of other genres is because players of that genre in particular want their curiosity challenged; and so are willing to enjoy the effort of working out why things are not what they appear. As writers, that gives us both opportunity for story and challenge, and to pique emotion so as to enrich the experience for both writer and player.

Cheers

Noel

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/26/08 10:32 PM

I agree with Sierramindy in a way. The first title does conjure up more mystery than Four Forks. You could be talking about a dinner party. evil************
Well don't I feel silly. It's branches not forks.
The main premise remains the same. The first title was more mysterious. I can see why they changed it though. I can't even remember the easy name. blush

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/27/08 03:01 AM

Hi escakacs,
It isn't stupidity at all, it is an easy mistake to make. Roads have branches, also called forks, and that is how your brain remembered it, by making that connection. The brain actually works that way to memorize things by sort of stacking them together. It is actually a very good system.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/27/08 03:08 AM

Hi, noelbruton

As far As I am concerned...I could care less if the game has branches or not.. lol

I see a good game...Screenshots always makes me Happy yay
As long as the interface is what I like...Then I play...I could care less about any thing else..

thumbsup
Posted By: old lady

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/27/08 02:48 PM

I much perfer the original title, but then I lived in a Wales for 10 years. rotfl It looks just my type of game, so long as it does not included tightly timed puzzles.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/27/08 07:04 PM

There are no timed puzzles, indeed no tests of reflexes at all. Only "figure-it-out" challenges for which you'll need only reason, intelligence and thoroughness, tinged with a bit of trepidation. And always plot related. In 'Rhiannon', you meet challenges that the story led you to in order to reveal new parts of the story. No daft puzzles. Promise.

Cheers

Noel

BTW - we too were disappointed to lose the 'Beyond the Mabinogion' from the title - but in NO WAY does it lessen the involvement of the Mabinogion in the game.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/27/08 11:29 PM

How long do you suppose it will actually take to get the game in our hot little hands? There have been games that I preordered in March that I just got this week. think

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/28/08 12:37 AM

As I understand it, the game is scheduled to release in October for your Halloween enjoyment.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/28/08 12:40 AM

Thats good news ,Becky

What a treat alot of Goodies coming out in Oct..
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/28/08 02:41 PM

It sounds like a perfect game for an October relase. Another game to add to my ever increasing list.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/28/08 03:54 PM

Well, well, once again we have a game made in the UK and set in the UK but to be released first in the USA. cry The same thing happened with The Lost Crown. Do the distibuters wait to see if the sales are good in the USA and if they are, then bother to let us Brits buy our own game in our country? think Nothing against my American friends but I'm just green with envy.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/28/08 04:22 PM

Old lady -- it's all about which publisher the developer happens to finalize an arrangement with first. Got Game and Tri Synergy (both American publishers) do seem to be more willing to publish games from smaller or Indie studios than are the British publishers -- at least, that's my impression.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/28/08 05:16 PM

I quite agree Becky. What is wrong with British publishers, why can't they have both pride and confedence in UK developers. Are ( conspricy theory coming up ) are they using the USA gamers as guinea pigs? evil

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/28/08 05:30 PM

Well, G2 (a British publisher) did try by publishing Carte Blanche and Limbo of the Lost.
Posted By: Carla

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/29/08 12:16 AM

We are lucky to have Dave from Interact! bravo
Let's hope he puts Rhiannon for pre-order soon...

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/29/08 12:20 AM

Carla, Dave does not post games for preorder until a few weeks before release.

Ana wave
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/29/08 01:27 AM

Carla,
So glad to see that you are back on the board. I agree with you in the hopes that Dave will put it on pre order soon.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/29/08 11:16 PM

You people are great, trying to help us so much.

Thanks,

Noel.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/30/08 12:37 AM

WINTER! I thought it was going to be fall! cry

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/30/08 06:36 AM

Tsk, I could have sworn I'd sorted that signature out. We're working on an October launch. We call that "Autumn" over here :-)

Cheers

Noel

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/30/08 03:24 PM

Po-tay-to; po-tah-to. I could have sworn that the signature said winter. I must be losing it. crazy

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/30/08 06:55 PM

That's not you, that's me - I have change my signature but I didn't expect it to change on all my previous posts as well.
shocked Sorry for the confusion.

But that's the publishers too. They suggested, wisely IMHO, that we go earlier; a ghostly-magickal game for Halloween rather than competing for shelf space with every other game on the planet from Thanksgiving to Christmas. So we brought it forward.

No pressure, then.

Cheers

Noel

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 06/30/08 09:03 PM

Sounds like a real good time for it. evil
Posted By: penruthen

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 07/13/08 02:45 PM

Missed the boat to beta test this one so am looking forward to the UK release, it's already on my must-get list. Celtic myths seem to work really well in adventure games, so I'm looking forward to finding out more of the Mabinogion cos I don't know much of that one apart from the story in Atlantis in the Irish bit.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 07/18/08 02:37 AM

Here's my two cents. The name Rhiannon caught my eye some time back. I don't remember there being any other name with it. The reason it caught my eye is because I don't know what it is or what it means. I also don't know what (or how to pronounce) Mabinogion is or means, but it doesn't catch my eye in the same way. I think it is too much together. Curse of the Four Branches gives me a better feel of what the game MIGHT be about. I like it better, but then, I'm just a simple North American.
Posted By: kiraalt

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 07/18/08 11:36 PM

I am looking forward to this game! I will probably pre-order. happydance
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 07/19/08 09:14 AM

Sounds like my kind of game. Look forward to October!
Posted By: nickie

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 07/19/08 02:49 PM

I've been looking forward to this game ever since it was first posted here, and Carla and others worked so hard to uncover information about it. Curious too about what choices were made in music.
Whatever the title, it's great that it's coming soon!
Posted By: Smilla

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 07/26/08 07:14 PM

I am incredibly excited for this game!! Halloween this year is going to rock.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 08/02/08 07:33 AM

Hello all,

'Mabinogion' pronunciation: MABBY - NOGGY - YON

It also helps if you mimic Tom Jones' accent while you're saying it :-)

There are some soundclips for pronouncing the key Welsh words in 'Rhiannon' on our Website. Go to www.arberthstudios.com and click on "Mabinogion" on the Ogam menu on the left. Turn your speakers up and click on one of the green Welsh words - and your world will fill with my voice trying to do my Tom Jones accent :-)

Cheers

Noel
Game Engineering
Arberth Studios

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 08/02/08 04:52 PM

MABBY - NOGGY - YON ... I like that. I've been pronouncing it in my head as MAB -IN - O - GI (GEE) - ON ... which does make it easier to remember the spelling.

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 08/02/08 09:22 PM

lol I was pronouncing it all wrong in my head. I clicked on the words you voiced in that link -- err, is it my imagination, or does Pwyll when voiced have nothing to do with the "wyll?" (I can hear the "P").

Before the Welsh invade, I think they should think about spelling. grin

Nice voice!

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 08/03/08 06:28 PM

Hi chaps

Quick lesson on Welsh pronunciation. In Welsh, the letter 'w' is a vowel, pronounced 'oo' as in 'cool'.
The letter 'y' can have a number of pronunciations, but most often it is the obscure 'uh' sound.
Then we get to the double 'LL' which in Welsh is a single sound. If you know Spanish, you'll know 'LL' is pronounced 'Lyuh'. Similar in Welsh, except you start with 'H' sound, so you get 'HLyuh', but as short a sound as you can get it.

All of which goes to explain why 'Pwyll' is pronounced 'Poo-uh-HL' and not 'Pwil'. Don't worry. Our house name contains a 'LL' and Karen still can't pronouce it after 13 years here...:-)

And you just want to hear what they do with 'ch'...

EDIT: PS - there's a village near us called 'Eglwyswrw'. Features regularly in European newspapers as an amusing example of vowel-less spelling. Any takers for a pronunciation? :-)

Cheers

Noel

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 08/03/08 06:32 PM

eek I think I'll stay here in Chicago...I'd be lost there. lol

Ana wave

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 08/03/08 07:57 PM

Igloo-uh-soo-roo?

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 08/03/08 07:58 PM

Gesundheit Becky!

Ana :Lol:

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 08/03/08 08:08 PM

evil I was singing, actually -- to the tune of Tu Ra Lura Lura.

Igloo-uh-soo-roo Lura.

Wait -- that's Irish, not Welsh.
Posted By: metamorphium

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 08/03/08 09:02 PM

This is so funny. I recall when I was young and perspective (seems like ages ago) our teacher at conservatory tried us to pronunce the name of the ancient welsh musical instrument CRWTH. She was making fun of us while we were trying, but I was a couple of years afterwards really surprised that it was HER who terribly mispronunced it.

So my advice - steer clear of welsh words. smile

In on-topic mode - good luck. We're looking forward the game! thumbsup

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 08/03/08 09:06 PM

Dashed close, Becky - 'Egloo', but otherwise perfect!

Duw, there's lovely for you. We'll have you all on lavabread(1) and Felinfoel(2) next!

1) no, it's not bread it's seaweed and it's a breakfast staple in Swansea

2) Pronounced Vel-in-voyl, a brand of beer, often known by the locals as "Feelin' vile"

Cheers

Noel

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 08/04/08 02:13 AM

It'll be interesting to hear the voice actors trying to pronounce some of these words. grin

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 08/04/08 10:22 AM

Hi Becky,

We don't use visible 'characters' as such in 'Rhiannon', so there's not much voice-acting. But there are a number of voice-overs for voicemail messages and ghostly whispers and exclamations. There's no more than a few words of the Welsh language, but you will hear Welsh accents. We've used local thespians for those. So our 'Tommy Harris' sounds authentically Welsh because he's the real thing.

Cheers

Noel

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 08/04/08 10:57 AM

I like the sound of that authentic Welshman. grin

What metamorphium said -- we're looking forward to the game.
Posted By: Carla

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 08/12/08 01:28 PM

Now in Europe too thanks to Lighthouse!
Quote:
Haarlem, The Netherlands – August 12, 2008 – Leading videogame publisher Lighthouse Interactive, part of SilverBirch Inc.'svideo game division, and developer Arberth Studios of West Wales, proudly announce that their dark mythological Adventure game, Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches (PC) will be releasing across Europe (excluding: Italy, Greece and Russia) in Q4 2008. Based on the gripping tales of the Mabinogion, a collection of eleven prose stories from medieval Welsh manuscripts, Rhiannon is deep rooted in Celtic mythology. This chilling first-person, point-and-click adventure follows the present day haunting of a lonely teenage girl named Rhiannon, as she unwillingly enters a world filled with supernatural phenomena, magic, myths and horror.

tomato

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 08/12/08 01:30 PM

That's great news for European gamers! Thanks Carla!
Posted By: PolloDiablo

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 08/12/08 03:45 PM

yay woohoo great news. Thanks Carla!
Posted By: penruthen

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 08/15/08 07:45 PM

Ug-loo-uh-soo-roo?

Noel - Does the first bit mean "church" in Welsh like it is in Cornish?

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches -- Wales Invades North America This Fall - 08/18/08 03:06 PM

Eglwys: 'Eg-loo-uhss'. Yes, it translates as 'church'. Don't know any Cornish I'm afraid, but I guess it's similar to the French 'eglise' and Spanish 'iglesia' - in other words, probably places where the Celts made landfall.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community