GB HOMEPAGE

MOUL is coming back!!!

Posted By: Celtic Lark

MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/01/08 05:33 AM

Can it be?? It looks like GameTap gave MOUL back to Cyan and the Cavern will be re-opening...

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/txt/archive/?postID=6114#more

I'm afraid to get too excited but oh, I do hope it happens! Fingers crossed!!
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/01/08 08:00 AM

Thanks for posting the good news.
It's a step in the right direction, especially if they can integrate user-created content and Ages.
Posted By: boshettee

URU Live - 07/02/08 07:15 PM

URU Live is on again...sort of.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/newsitem.php?id=1698
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/02/08 07:19 PM

That's great news!

Ana wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/02/08 09:53 PM

Woo-hoo! Great news! broccoli
Posted By: KateVa

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/03/08 03:50 AM

I am a happy camper!!! (literally wave)

Kate

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/03/08 04:20 AM

Yay! More confirmation... happydance
Posted By: PolloDiablo

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/03/08 07:13 AM

I'll be joining the IRC press conference later today to find out more smile

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/03/08 06:58 PM

Wow-haven't seen so many old friends in a long time! GameBoomers was well represented with at least five hood members there. Lot to look forward to (Cautiously Optimistic as ever)

Kate
Posted By: Leeana

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/03/08 08:12 PM

oh wow eek cant wait for a really, great masterpiece wave

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/04/08 03:48 AM

Was the meeting open to everyone? I didn't check mystonline.com today. Thursdays are the one afternoon I'm completely away from my computer. Can you give a summary?

Right now, I really want to go to an IC dance party. It's the start of the long weekend and I just wanna dance. Maybe I'll head into Second Life to at least say hi to folks...
Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/04/08 11:14 AM

smile

Happy news!!!

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/04/08 02:14 PM

CL-Yes, this was open to all and it was wonderful to see so many famliar names there. A synopsis? I guess the pithiest would be MORE (the Myst Online Rerestoration Experiment) will be back online ASAP. This is measured in months with a lot of details to be worked out. There are only two at Cyan (who has a really really reduced workforce) working on the project. The immediate future is just to bring servers online with the old content. The Guilds (especially Guild of Writers and Guilds of Maintainers) will play a central role in the addition of fan-built ages.

Good news is that the game will be open to the world-all internationals will have access.

Here is a link to the relayers chat log:
Chogun's Chat Log

Unsurprisingly there were a lot of "We are working on that"s but the plan is to start with the grass roots movement and build from there slowly.

And, of course, the ending has not yet been written bravo

Kate
(Katva, waiting for a new Ki #)

Posted By: MaG

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/04/08 02:19 PM

Kate,

Thanks for the update. The MOUL fans are waiting breathlessly. thumbsup

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/04/08 07:05 PM

MORE? lol That's great. tomato

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/04/08 07:56 PM

Thank you, Kate. I'm so happy to read all of that. Spent some time in SL last night talking over the news with other folks.

And the choir is hoping to prepare some new stuff for the re-opening. Can't make any promises yet but we're working on it. smile

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/05/08 08:17 PM

Ooooh! I'd love to hear the choir again! thumbsup
Posted By: HEMLOCK

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/06/08 12:34 AM

A shout out to all my MOUL friends here... wave Some of us go way back to the original Until Uru. whistle I won't mention any names of course.rotfl

It would be great if MOUL could rise from the ashes once again.
Posted By: gamenut

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/06/08 02:13 PM

I am glad to hear MOUL may be 'on' again. Will look forward to some nice long Ages to explore(i hope lots of them..that is what i really enjoyed about the game...not so much the 'politics').
Posted By: boshettee

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/07/08 12:51 AM

I and others have enjoyed Uru in one form or another for many years (I won't mention names either, lol) and I think what I am most looking forward to is "user created ages and environments". There are some very, very talented people associated with this game and I'm quite sure their additions will be something we all would not want to miss; it may be a while before there are any submissions but since I've got this much time invested I might as well stick with it. See ya in cavern.
Posted By: gamenut

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/08/08 01:01 AM

MOUL was my first online gameplay and learning to use the KI and also chat was a challange but i sure enjoyed it. I(bigwuss) miss the people i used to chat with..other than the 'boomers that were in it..i have managed to keep in touch with one but that is all.. I thought it was nice to be able to get help! Especially in Ahnonnay (sp?)-which i did not get to finish-but that is ok...maybe the next time around! it will so interesting to see what some other talented people have designed!
Posted By: Renee

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/08/08 01:37 AM

OMG!!! I'm so happy - thanks for the updates! happydance

Re: MOUL is coming back!!! - 07/09/08 11:13 AM

There's more information here, plus some links to previous interviews about MOUL, now morphing into MORE (Myst Online: Restoration Experiment).
© 2024 GameBoomers Community