GB HOMEPAGE

Am I an addict?

Posted By: sassysown

Am I an addict? - 07/09/08 11:56 PM

How do you know when you are an addict? I have over 60 unplayed games sitting on my shelf now, more still in the mail coming and a wish list that I check the trading post everyday to see if one of them are on there. I checked the BAAGS definitions and I am definitely a level 6. I just can't stop. So am I just having fun or do I have a problem?

Just curious
Sassy
Posted By: TLC

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/10/08 12:00 AM

sassy,

You have a really fun problem. lol wave
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/10/08 12:36 AM

I'm sure most of us here can call ourselves an addict in some way laugh
Although, I don't have any unplayed games ANYWHERE! *Sniff sniff*

And since Dead Mountaineer Hotel got pushed back, I will soon need a fix, lol.
Guess I'll see if I can find an oldie to replay, while waiting for the next to come out.

Ooohhh, totally forgot I'm waiting for the arrival of Toonstruck smile

Another way to tell, if you're an addict could be:
I have several games, I bought as Downloads, and now I find myself also buying the retail boxes. laugh

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/10/08 12:47 AM

Oh I haven't bought any downloads (yet) so I guess I better stay away from that area of gaming, lol.
I honestly have been too worried about getting a virus or something from doing that (but I have read a lot on this forum where other's do so maybe they are safe........uh oh here I go even thinking about doing it.

Sassy

Posted By: Geo

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/10/08 01:05 AM

I would say you are not a game player,you are a game collector.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/10/08 01:39 AM

Well... Good subject

First we all need to stand up & admit we are AG addicts..I will start...

Hello....I am an addict..

I have to have a new game sitting on the shelve waiting to be played before I finish the first one..

I have to pre-order all new games that appeal to me..

If I have no game...I get very nervous & bite my finger nails..

If I see a trailer or play a demo on a game...I get really depressed cause I don't have it yet.. lol

When I know a new game has shipped...I wait for the mail man before I do anything else.

If the game doesn't come that day...I start posting at boomers I didn't get it..Then get all depressed frown

When I do get the game...I take it real slow as to absorb all the good parts...

I think thats about it rotfl

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/10/08 01:53 AM

GEO I have played over 100 games in the last year and a half. So I do play them. In fact I am playing Lost Crown and Ghost in the Sheet right now. So does that constitute as a player as well?

Oh Darleen I can relate to so many of the things you admitted to, lol.

Thanks
Sassy
Posted By: oldman

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/10/08 03:45 AM

It was coined by our beloved Syd a while back. So there is a name for it. "BAAGS". insane
Posted By: Mad

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/10/08 04:04 AM

Hi smile

Yes. Plenty of "BAAGS afflicted" around the place lol

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: Benedict

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/10/08 06:19 AM

addicts are collectors, collectors are addicts...

For me, I BAGG - buy all good games, not just AGs.

smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/10/08 08:16 AM

Hi Benedict smile

Lots of us buys good games of different genres but this board is about adventure games so that's why talk about adventure games predominates grin

Cheers.

Mad yes
Posted By: HeavenlyJoy

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/10/08 09:58 AM

I Know I am a addict, when I need to turn of the game to get SIMPLE CHORES DONE YIKES... well I got nancy Drew playing so the DUST BUNNIES Are now DUST BUDDIES smile
and all is well, ....

smile
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/10/08 10:01 AM

Does doing chores in Nancy count as housework ? I am sure it does, Heavenly Joy.
And tidying up in HOGS counts as housework too .
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/10/08 05:10 PM

I thought I was bad with 1 partialy played adventure game on my computer, 11 unplayed adventure games installed on my computer, 1 adventure game waiting to be installed, 1 registered casual game, 1 casual game demo, 3 expired casual games I need to purchase and 1 role playing game in progress.

Oh and 1 adventure game I'm waiting for (I won it in drawing here).

Then there are the 3 online games I regularly play at Big Fish.

60 unplayed games beats me. You are addicted.
Posted By: orchid girl

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/10/08 09:25 PM

Ok I admit it!
I have 40 unplayed games on the shelf. 10 installed games on the computer and 5 games in the mail.
Also 10 games on my wish list so I don't forget about them. Which I will probably order as soon as they come to Amazon in Canada (free shipping) if I can wait that long. Just ordered my first from Interact --super service--but I envy all you people in the US who get cheap postage.

My problem is I start a game, and then along comes a new casual game which I HAVE to have, and the first game is forgotten for a while.

So, I might have a problem, but it sure is a fun problem yay

Orchid
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/10/08 09:46 PM

I have a few hafe played games as I have to be in the right mood for a certain game .Are you intending to play all these games lol wave
Posted By: HeavenlyJoy

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/10/08 11:01 PM

I dont count the unfinished ones , I get depressed, just know they are there to finish some day, I think I am going to have to ask for another save to get April out of the Dungeon, but right now i am happy go lucky nancy and all is Rose Colors most of the time
and Penny, so right you are, I am hard at work as nancy, we have had one job after another, picking fruit on the Shadow Ranch, and Shells on Capu Cove sp?? LOL

smile
Posted By: orchid girl

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/10/08 11:27 PM

Yes Dragonuk, I intend to play all these games but as you know
"The road to H*ll is paved with good intentions"

At least I only have XP games left unplayed. So they will last a while. grin
Posted By: oldman

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/10/08 11:42 PM

I'm thinking of going to a meeting where I'll be saying.

"Hi, my name is John. I have BAAGS, it first started when I became a member of an internet site called Gameboomers and learned how many adventure games were available and what BAAGS really means.......... etc etc. insane rotfl

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/11/08 02:26 AM

Yes dragonuk44 I do plan on playing all those games. And since I have started this post I have ordered nine more games. I can't stop devilchili Help smashpc
Now I have so many I have no idea which to start with first. I think I will just close my eyes and grab one, lol.
Sassy
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/11/08 03:52 AM

I think Its a A Good Thing We have Game Boomers... Where would we be without GB'S...

Lets all be Thankful for the Good Times here & The Good Games we all enjoy...

If I am an addict with games..Which I know I am...What a great addiction I say....I spend lots of Money to make ME HAPPY Wonderful thumbsup
Posted By: Retired at last

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/11/08 04:03 AM

I became a member of GB in November 2005 when I bought a computer and few games that were driving me crazy. By pure luck -good luck - I game upon the GB site and have never looked back.
I seriously think that I have continued to play games because of all the help and wonderful people here.
Yes, I am an addict. I'm glad and thank you for helping me become an addict.
yay yay yay

RAL wave
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/11/08 05:22 AM

Well I guess having all those games to play and wanting to play them is some sort of heaven .....To me any way lol wave evil
Posted By: irishgirl1228

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/12/08 01:49 AM

Oh yes, I am an addict and I'm happy! grin When I found out that I could not update the video card on my laptop in order to play some of the newer games, I started shopping around for another computer. By the end of the summer, I will be buying a desktop. If anyone has any suggestions for me (about a good desktop), let me know! I have at least four games I am dying to play that I haven't been able to yet!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/12/08 02:19 AM

irishgirl, please ask that question in Glitches or search the Glitches forum. They have offered many recommendations. What an exciting thing to look forward to!

Ana wave
Posted By: Geo

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/12/08 02:19 AM

Hello,
I like this site.Click on any picture and you are taken to the many options.Note that usually the O.S. has to be added.
( http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/ )
Posted By: irishgirl1228

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/12/08 02:57 AM

Thanks Ana and Geo for the pointers! praise
Posted By: Taurnil

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/12/08 09:02 AM

When I start a game I concentrate in it till I finish it. If a new game comes by mail It just has to wait.

To tell you the truth I don't find myself addicted to games. I have six games to be played but that's it. I'm really interested in games, especially adventures but I don't get crazy about it!

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/18/08 04:01 PM

Ok I have finally figured it out. I am an addict because of this site. I just can't keep away from it. Since I started this thread my purchases have been over a dozen more and my wishlist keeps growing because of all the wonderful people who give reviews on games. I read the review from a fellow GB and if they liked it I am hooked......it goes on my wishlist and the hunt is on.
I just bought a new cabinet to hold more of them because I ran out of room. Now just look at all those empty shelves.........

Sassy
Posted By: GBC

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/18/08 05:22 PM

I'm an addict. There I said it. Under the BAAGS guidlines---I'm a # 7. If it's available I have to have it. If not--it's on preorder. I don't even care if it's good or bad reviewed. I'm sooo happy to be among people who understand. I even have a little drawer specifically for "game money". I'm sure I'll be going broke soon, but what a way to go. rotfl
Posted By: tigger

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/18/08 05:39 PM

I'm an addict - yes I will admit it freely smile When finances allow, I will have every adventure game I can lay my hands on and yes, before anyone asks I bought Chateau D'Or and Forever Worlds LOL!!

Currently updating my collection but err has anyone got to the stage the house isn't big enough???

Hugs

Tig
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/18/08 05:54 PM

@tigger

Oh yes!! I too am running out of space for my games laugh
My living arrangement is VERY small and can't add more shelves or cabinets.
I buy these little boxes that gets stored under and next to my bed, my desk and everywhere else there's just a tiny bit room for it, lol.
Hey! There's still the ceiling.... hmm, maybe I could start hanging stuff up there...

Re: Am I an addict? - 07/19/08 12:12 AM

misslilo....... rotfl lol I never thought of that. What a new decorating concept. Hmmmmmmmm
Sassy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community