GB HOMEPAGE

Games with Great Music

Posted By: Benedict

Games with Great Music - 07/13/08 09:27 PM

I was just playing Egypt 3 (aka Egyptian Prophecy) and noticing how nice and easy the music is, which reminded me of Cryo. I remember that the Cryo people who made Atlantis 2 and Lost Eden actually released the game soundtrack on cd which were really nice.

Have you played any other games which contained music so good that you feel like buying the soundtrack?
Posted By: metamorphium

Re: Games with Great Music - 07/13/08 09:41 PM

Psychonauts. well I actually DID buy a soundtrack. smile Music in games really grew since the old times. I'm not a huge fan of hollywood-like composers. I much more appreciate subtle but ingenious music by Peter McConnell, Marc Morgan or Kevin Manthei. And soundtrack from Zork: nemesis is still on my almost daily play-list. smile
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Games with Great Music - 07/13/08 11:16 PM

7th Guest/11th Hour
Atlantis: The Lost Tales
Betrayal at Krondor
The Dig
Faust
Gabriel Knight (all of them, but especially the second one)
King's Quest V, VI, VII
Moment of Silence
Monkey Island (all of them)
Myst
Riddle of the Sphinx
Riven
Scratches
Syberia 1 and 2

I've bought several game soundtracks and downloaded others from places like Quest Studios and Mixnmojo.
Posted By: Benedict

Re: Games with Great Music - 07/14/08 05:21 AM

Sierra included a love song duet for King's Quest VI, "Girl in the Tower". Cheesy song but great work in those days, reminiscent of Disney's love songs.
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: Games with Great Music - 07/14/08 01:56 PM

Myst soundtrack - am playing it now. These aren't advntr games but the music with PS games is outstanding. Like battlescene music, so indepth and keeps right up with the battle. Especially Viking Battle for Asgard. Also prologue in Devil May Cry.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Games with Great Music - 07/14/08 03:06 PM

I have mp3s of Space Quest 1 theme, Secret of Monkey Island theme, Guybrush singing "Wooden Leg, Restless Heart", the three pirates and Guybrush singing "A Pirate I was Meant to Be", vocal and instrumental versions of the "Ballad of Freddy Pharkas", "Ballad of the End of Freddy Pharkas" and "Cell Block Love," which is taken from one of the Leisure Suit Larry games but it is about Lytton police officer Sonny Bond and former prostitute Marie Wilkans from Police Quest.

I extracted "Ballad of the End of Freddy Pharkas" from the game myself and sent a copy to Al Lowe. He told me in email that he didn't have one.

"I waive my right to silence, here's the statement that I'll sign:
I do confess to lovin' you and wantin' you fer mine!
Is it so wrong, a workin' girl who loves a man in blue?
I hope I never make parole from Cell Block Love with you."
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Games with Great Music - 07/14/08 03:11 PM

I liked the music from Syberia, Myst IV, Post Mortem and some others which i can not recall right know grin
Posted By: Taurnil

Re: Games with Great Music - 07/14/08 04:04 PM

The Dig/The Longest Journey

Great music, great travels....
Posted By: Phoebe

Re: Games with Great Music - 07/14/08 11:33 PM

For me the best soundtracks it is:

Syberia 1 and 2
Myst series

Love Maria hearts
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Games with Great Music - 07/15/08 12:08 AM

For me....Its the newer games...

Lost Crown & Perry Rhodan monky
Posted By: Mary

Re: Games with Great Music - 07/15/08 12:50 AM

I'm with Yankee and Phoebe: the Myst music is my favorite, particularly the first Myst.
Posted By: Andromus

Re: Games with Great Music - 07/15/08 01:12 AM

I've bought soundtracks for some of the Myst games, as well as The Neverhood, Sam and Max and a LucasArts collection with selections from Grim Fandango, The Dig, and the Monkey Island games. I've downloaded a number of other soundtracks as well.

I've also really enjoyed music from:

The Syberia games
The Gabriel Knight games
Broken Sword 1 (particularly the soaring intro)
The 7th Guest
Agon 2 (the dulcimer tune in the second half)

Posted By: davegilbert

Re: Games with Great Music - 07/15/08 01:13 AM

Ooh. A thread I can jump into. I loved the music in Discworld Noir. Perfect mix of old timey dark jazz with a dash of fantasy. I remember reading about a way to rip the music from the CD but I've long since lost it. frown
Posted By: metzomagic

Re: Games with Great Music - 07/15/08 02:39 AM

Dave, welcome to the thread...

Yep, Discworld Noir had some great jazz in it. As did Faust, which Jenny mentioned earlier.

Also some noteworthy scores in the 'dark side' games, like Divine Divinity and Planescape: Torment... and Fallout!

Cheers,
MetzO'Magic
Posted By: Gandalf

Re: Games with Great Music - 07/15/08 11:36 AM

The Dig
Monkey Island series
Discworld series
The Longest journey
Legend of Kyrandia Book One
Posted By: thracia

Re: Games with Great Music - 07/15/08 01:00 PM

Even though it is a casual game, the music in Hidden Expedition: Amazon has great music also.

thracia
Posted By: mel22odie

Re: Games with Great Music - 07/15/08 01:59 PM

Some more: Grim Fandango
Last Express
Titanic, Adventure out of Time
Love all the music already mentioned, especially the Gabriele Knight music. Would love to have an album of that music. Mel22odie
© 2024 GameBoomers Community