GB HOMEPAGE

TLJ 3?

Posted By: judith

TLJ 3? - 07/16/08 05:46 PM

duh Does anyone know when the Longest Journey 3 will be available? It just can't end like it did in Dreamfall, there has to be an ending, & hopefully a happy one! Thanks Judy
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: TLJ 3? - 07/16/08 06:21 PM

judith, from what I can remember, there are to be chapters available via download only to continue the story. There are threads here with more info, but that is the last news I can think of.

Ana wave
Posted By: Carla

Re: TLJ 3? - 07/16/08 09:52 PM

That's right Ana, here's the pressrelease talking about TLJ, called "Dreamfall Chapters"
Quote:
Durham, USA – March 1, 2007 – Funcom announces that the Norwegian Film Fund has awarded Funcom a grant which will partially finance research and initial development of ‘Dreamfall Chapters’. The grant enables Funcom to establish a core technology team which will research online-only delivery methods of episodic content, as well as lay the foundation for a later pre-production phase of ‘Dreamfall Chapters’.

and very important

Quote:
Each new installment of ‘Dreamfall Chapters’ will initially be delivered as online-only content, but there may be retail releases with combined chapters, both for console and PC, at a later stage.
Funcom will not release any additional information about ‘Dreamfall Chapters’ for the time being.

and a bit about the story

Quote:
ABOUT “DREAMFALL CHAPTERS” - ‘Dreamfall Chapters’ begins right where the critically acclaimed and award-winning ‘Dreamfall: The Longest Journey’ ended, continuing the epic saga of the twin worlds of science and magic in a brand new format. Through thrilling episodes, players will embark on an amazing and exciting journey through worlds both familiar and fresh to meet fascinating and surprising characters, explore beautiful locations, experience a deep and intriguing storyline – described by critics as one of the best stories ever written for a game – and enjoy uniquely varied modern adventure gameplay in a whole new way. And at the end of the road waits the greatest mystery of them all – one that will bring the groundbreaking saga to a surprising and stunning conclusion.

On the developer site there is just this press release and no further news, so hopefully the project is still on!

wave

Posted By: judith

Re: TLJ 3? - 07/16/08 10:11 PM

Thanks Ana & Carla; In a way that's kind of depressing because it's been awhile since the last news. I hope we hear something soon, & I also hope it will be on disk & not a download. Judy
Posted By: penruthen

Re: TLJ 3? - 07/16/08 11:01 PM

This sounds worryingly like the promises made for Uru Online, and we all know that many of us never got to see any of it..
Actually I'm still stuck in the HQ hallway in TLJ2 trying to dodge that wretched robot; I keep getting the keyboard controls wrong. So I guess I've still got a ways to go before I get to what happens next...
Posted By: ritchiesbabe

Dreamfall - 07/17/08 02:02 PM

Wow what an amazing game + storyline. I've just finished playing it (a bit behind the times I know!) and was wondering what news there is on the sequel?
Posted By: Drizzt

Re: Dreamfall - 07/17/08 03:50 PM

I'm deep into Dreamfall right now. It's good, but very linear. Great voice acting and lots of dialogue, which I like. smile

Okay, I just finished it. Wow, you'd be hard pressed to find a more cryptic and depressing ending. lol
Posted By: Becky

Re: Dreamfall - 07/18/08 12:18 AM

Thinking hard here. Nope, can't think of one. Wait -- Thayer's Quest!
Posted By: nickie

Re: Dreamfall - 07/18/08 12:57 AM

rotfl TQ has an ending?

Re: Dreamfall - 07/18/08 03:14 AM

In the ending of Thayer's Quest, you

Click to reveal..
Cross a bridge in mid-quest and then find an ad for the semi-sequel. grin

Re: Dreamfall - 07/23/08 07:59 PM

I'm absolutely infatuated with TLJ now. I haven't had as much fun conversing with a character as that actor/cop since HK47. lol

Re: Dreamfall - 07/23/08 11:01 PM

Sliding this-a-way, and leaving behind the DarkSide???

Re: Dreamfall - 07/24/08 05:51 AM

Sliding most definitely, but I'm never leaving the DarkSide behind. wink It's just that besides Mass Effect, there hasn't been a game with a decent storyline or to my tastes for a very very long time. So far, I've got Culpa Innata, The Longest Journey and Perry Rhodan on my "to play"-list.

One thing that makes more sense to me now is the intro/tutorial to Dreamfall. I am guessing this is what happens when he first tries to travel to Arcadia, in the 1930s? It didn't make sense in the rest of Dreamfall's context, so I'm guessing it was aimed at those who have played TLJ.

Re: Dreamfall - 07/24/08 06:33 AM

Yes, good guess! After you've played TLJ, you'll understand a bit more, but there's still some mystery as to what's going on and what it's supposed to accomplish.

It sounds like you have some good games coming up. thumbsup

Re: Dreamfall - 07/24/08 10:58 AM

Yes, I sure hope so. laugh

I'm sorry about not having written that review yet, but during the spring I didn't have time between my classes and B Sc. thesis, and now I've been working non-stop since early June. I'm free from the 2nd of August though, I'll try to get it done somethime then. smile
Posted By: colpet

Re: Dreamfall - 07/24/08 12:09 PM

TLJ was a game I did like. I'm into fantasy books, and TLJ had both the environment and story that would fit right in. Unfortunately, I had no interest in playing Dreamfall. I was hoping that a book, or narrative might become available to contiue the story for those of us that were/are put off of the follow-up games.

Re: Dreamfall - 07/24/08 12:10 PM

Drizzt -- grin No worries.

There are lots of adventures to review if you're trending that way eventually too. laugh

Re: Dreamfall - 07/24/08 03:16 PM

Definitely, as long as there are fairly simple puzzles, I'm not much of a head-scratching guy. laugh

I'm already losing it. frown
Posted By: MaG

Re: Dreamfall - 07/24/08 03:25 PM

We'll find it for you, Drizzt - if it gets lost. lol

Re: Dreamfall - 07/24/08 03:52 PM

What, my sanity for sliding down the slippery slope of adventure games? razz

Re: Dreamfall - 07/25/08 11:00 PM

Right, I finished TLJ, and G*d, that was a good ending. It has been a long time since I empathized that much with a video game character. It was melancholy and heart-wrenching at the same time...

Can't wait for the episodic games to be released.

Re: Dreamfall - 07/25/08 11:24 PM

Do you have Dreamfall, Drizzt?

Re: Dreamfall - 07/25/08 11:38 PM

Yep. Finished it before TLJ, actually. laugh

Re: Dreamfall - 07/25/08 11:54 PM

I love the TLJ-Dreamfall story.
Have you played Paradise?

Re: Dreamfall - 07/26/08 08:02 AM

Hm, no, I don't even recognize the name. Is it a similar game?

Re: Dreamfall - 07/26/08 12:51 PM

Drizzt,

Check your PM. wave

Re: Dreamfall - 07/26/08 08:37 PM

Checked, and replied!

You know, the more I think about it, the more does the end of TLJ affect me.

Click to reveal..
After all, she abandoned her friends for fear of them getting hurt, distanced herself from everything after even crow disappeared (though he returned later, but she didn't know that) and then it turns out that she wasn't supposed to take that place? I wonder if Tobias and all the others knew of this in the first place, but had to tell her so to make her do their bidding? If so, she was twice "betrayed". Definitely not one of the more uplifting endings I've seen.

But a game that makes you reflect on these things, that must be a mark of a good game, no?
© 2024 GameBoomers Community