GB HOMEPAGE

Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! Update -- UK 2009 Release Date!

Posted By: Carla

Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! Update -- UK 2009 Release Date! - 07/16/08 06:13 PM

Quote:
WHAT DO WE ALL REALLY EXPECT FROM A GOOD WESTERN SAGA?

BLOODY GUNFIGHTS, A HIDDEN TREASURE ... AND FINALLY GOOD OLD REVENGE!

EVERYTHING IT TAKES FOR A GREAT THIRD EPISODE OF FENIMORE FILLMORE'S ADVENTURES: A CAPTIVATING POINT & CLIC ADVENTURE GAME!

After "The 3 skulls of the Toltecs" in 1996, the big success of "The Westerner" in 2004, Fenimore Fillmore is back this September 2008!

In this episode, Fenimore Fillmore and Rhiannon are galloping through the Far-West and find a wounded man. Fenimore leaves to get some water while Rhiannon keeps watch and tends to the man's wounds.

The mysterious man regains consciousness and tells her that there is a hidden secret treasure in a cemetery. In a last breath of life, he reveals to her its exact location.

During this time three men approach. They attack Fenimore and Rhiannon in order to know what the dead man revealed.

They leave Fenimore for dead and kidnap Rhiannon. It is the beginning of an exciting treasure hunt…

Game Features

• 3rd person 3D adventure
• A humoristic western adventure!
• Strong NPC personalities and a lot of bandits to shoot at.
• The possibility to play alternatively with the 2 main characters: Fenimore Fillmore, a courageous hero, and Rhiannon, a sexy girl!
• A lot of enigmas to solve in order to progress in the adventure.
Ex: Find how to heal the wounded man in order to progress in the plot.
• More than 50 objects to use: Find and combine them in order to take advantage of them.
Ex: Collect 2 kinds of herbs (green and red). Give the good one to the wounded man, he will eat it and begin to feel better. Mix the other one with some mud, create a poultice and put it on the wound.

About the game

Genre: Point & click adventure
Platform: PC
Publisher: Nobilis
Developer: Revistronic
Release date: September 2008

Nobilis Publishing games are already sold in over 40 different countries,I'm going to enquiry if this release date include US or just Europe.

wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/16/08 06:20 PM

Sounds to be quite an adventure.
Thanks, Carla!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/16/08 06:24 PM

That is great news! I missed the first one but loved Wanted: A Wild Western Adventure. I look forward to this one. yay

Ana wave
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/16/08 06:49 PM

Thanks , Carla

BUT...What does this sentence mean: "Strong NPC personalities and a lot of bandits to shoot at" duh
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/16/08 08:02 PM

Short for Non-Player Character, it is a game character not played by a person, it is the computer player. In 3-D action and shooter games

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/16/08 08:20 PM

Thanks, Winfrey...

Game looks good thumbsup
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/16/08 08:53 PM

I absolutely loved the first two laugh
Unfortunately over the years I have lost my copy of 3 Skulls of the Toltecs frown

Posted By: ShyTy

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/16/08 09:10 PM

misslilo thats to bad. I just did a search for Fenimore Fillmore and at amazon.com they want 170.00 for 3 Skulls of Toltecs.

Lori

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/16/08 09:24 PM

I know, but I just now found it with the big retail box on Ebay - UK - for around $50(shipping included) laugh
Couldn't let it go, so bought it.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/16/08 10:34 PM

lol Good work, misslilo!

Thanks Carla -- wonderful news!
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/17/08 02:03 AM

Quote:
The possibility to play alternatively with the 2 main characters: Fenimore Fillmore, a courageous hero, and Rhiannon, a sexy girl!
So how many of you want to play as the sexy girl?

Quote:
... and a lot of bandits to shoot at.
But I can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/17/08 02:06 AM

Oh ...Boy

Is this game have action in it? Shooter....What is that all about?

thanks
Posted By: Tsavorite

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/17/08 02:39 AM

I must be stupid! I never knew there was more than 1. I thought the "Wanted" was it. haha. sounds good though
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/17/08 06:58 AM

Me too Tsavorite blush
Thanks Carla grin
Posted By: croaker

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/17/08 01:09 PM

Given my avatar, you might guess I've played the 2004 game wink and have had this one on my coming games list for a few years now. I think it was initially expected to arrive late in 2006, but better delayed and a better game than the other alternatives.
Posted By: killerprophets

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/18/08 09:52 AM

yaaay I loved Wanted (never heard of the first one though!) I couldnt do the shooting at the targets in Wanted so had to rope the hubby in, sounds like this could be the case again! whistle
Posted By: Phoebe

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/19/08 04:00 AM

Looks good..thanks carla bravo

Love Maria hearts

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/19/08 09:10 AM

Oh my, just had to tell you guys, that my ebay game arrived already today!!! laugh
And in mint condition too...

Update:
I'm playing it now, and I had totally forgotten how cool it is.
Sure the graphics and colors do not live up to todays standards, but at that time it was superb.
Another thing I forgot is, that is has quite a long gameplay.
And I think most of the puzzles in this one is genius laugh
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/19/08 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: misslilo
Oh my, just had to tell you guys, that my ebay game arrived already today!!! laugh
And in mint condition too...

bravo yay happydance
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 07/20/08 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: misslilo
I know, but I just now found it with the big retail box on Ebay - UK - for around $50(shipping included) laugh
Couldn't let it go, so bought it.

You got it at a bargain price. There's currently a seller on ebay who wants $199.99 for just the jewel case, no box.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280224131685
Posted By: pamvan

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 10/12/08 12:16 AM

Does anyone know where to get the new Westerner game? I can't find it. I played Wanted: A Wild Western Adventure and enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks for any info.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 10/12/08 12:18 AM

Pamvan, it has not been released yet. stay tuned....

Ana wave
Posted By: pamvan

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 10/12/08 12:24 AM

Hmmm, that could be why I can't find it.

Thanks, Ana, for the information!
Posted By: PolloDiablo

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 03/03/09 01:55 PM

Press Release
Quote:

3rd March 2009

COWBOYS, DUELS AND HIDDEN TREASURE IN NEW WILD WEST ADVENTURE GAME FOR PC

FENIMORE FILLMORE'S REVENGE COMING SOON

Fenimore Fillmore’s Revenge is a point and click PC adventure set in the Wild West from Nobilis and Ascaron Entertainment, full of mysterious puzzles and humorous dialogue. Players can enjoy the game’s detailed graphics as they follow the adventures of Fenimore Fillmore, a courageous cowboy who must find his recently kidnapped cowgirl companion Rhiannon, before undertaking a quest to find secret hidden treasure.

Fenimore and Rhiannon’s adventures begin when they encounter a wounded stranger on their travels. The stranger tells Rhiannon of some treasure hidden in a cemetery, revealing the name of the person buried there in his last dying words. However, three men approach whilst this clue is being revealed and attack Fenimore and Rhiannon in a blazing showdown to find out the details. Fenimore is left for dead whilst Rhiannon is kidnapped and the treasure hunt begins. Players can then take on the role of either Fenimore or Rhiannon, working through the storyline to collect clues and solve the many puzzles.

Throughout the game, players can enjoy entertaining, humorous dialogue and a wide range of crazy characters; an alcoholic doctor, a mad scientist and a deaf telegraph operator. Fenimore Fillmore’s Revenge also features beautiful 3D graphics and animated cartoon images, allowing the player to fully immerse themselves in the Spaghetti Western theme.

Fenimore Fillmore’s Revenge includes over 50 different objects that can be combined and utilised to move the plot forwards. For example, players will need to collect red and green herbs in order to heal an injured character before progressing further. After some herbs have been fed to the patient, the remaining herbs can be mixed with mud to make a dressing for his wound, prompting him to reveal further clues.

Fast facts:
Publisher: Nobilis
UK Distributor: Ascaron Entertainment
Release date: Q2 2009
PEGI: 7+
Format: PC
Genre: Adventure
Posted By: Becky

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 03/03/09 02:09 PM

yay It's releasing in the UK!

Thanks Demon Chicken! bravo

Re: Fenimore Fillmore-the Westerner is back! - 03/03/09 02:40 PM

I've heard bad reviews of this one frown
Seems there's too much shooting scenes....
Too bad, cuz I've looked forward to it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community