GB HOMEPAGE

A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams

Posted By: Becky

A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams - 08/14/08 05:54 PM

Curious to learn more about Nikopol?

GameBoomers' own Looney4Labs looks for the story behind the Secrets of the Immortals.

Click here for an interview with developer Michel Bams.
Posted By: MaG

Re: A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams - 08/14/08 06:05 PM

Thanks Looney4Labs and Becky! bravo
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams - 08/14/08 06:07 PM

Thanks for the interview, Looney.
I wonder about the choice of music, which he describes as "’70s and psychedelic-oriented." That's not what comes to my mind when I see the screenshots.
Posted By: Phoebe

Re: A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams - 08/14/08 06:27 PM

Thanks L4L for the great interview bravo

Love Maria hearts
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams - 08/14/08 06:31 PM

Excellent Interview L4L! bravo

Ana wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams - 08/14/08 07:50 PM

Interesting interview, thanks L4L! bravo
Posted By: honeycomb

Re: A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams - 08/14/08 08:42 PM

Thanks.

Really looking forward to this one. The world created in the film was so striking and if they capture that atmosphere and fix some of the flaws in the story then this really could be a classic game in the Blade Runner tradition. Cant wait. monky

cheers
Posted By: nickie

Re: A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams - 08/14/08 11:54 PM

Great read, thanks L4L and Becky! Honeycomb, did you read the book? I'm wondering how similar it is to the movie.
Posted By: GBC

Re: A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams - 08/14/08 11:55 PM

Nice interview L4L. bravo thanks
Posted By: Mad

Re: A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams - 08/15/08 02:36 AM

Hi smile

Great stuff, Looney4Labs thumbsup and thanks for the link, Becky grin

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: Carla

Re: A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams - 08/15/08 11:17 AM

Thanks for excellent interview L4L, after Paradise I really wanted to know how the next Sokal game could be.

woozy
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams - 08/15/08 01:02 PM

Nice interview Becky. I like the spot where it says, if you get stuck on a timed puzzle you can still continue. as the game will do it for you. It looks like a very interesting game.

Cathy wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams - 08/15/08 03:51 PM

That feature caught my eye too, Cathy. I know adventure gamers have been asking for just that feature for a long time. I think this may be the first game that provides it (though Keepsake did have something somewhat similar).

Posted By: looney4labs

Re: A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams - 08/15/08 05:49 PM

Thanks guys! I like that part too Cathy. It will be great to see how it works wave
Posted By: Ascovel

Re: A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams - 08/15/08 06:59 PM

Very interesting interview. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: nickie
Great read, thanks L4L and Becky! Honeycomb, did you read the book? I'm wondering how similar it is to the movie.

I didn't watch the movie, but I've read the graphic novels. This game seems like a different take on the story from the very first one. In the original story the game hero's father was the main character and there was no mention at all of his son until the very end.
Posted By: honeycomb

Re: A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams - 08/16/08 03:08 AM

I've only seen the movie. Looks like the screenshots are in the same Art Deco style. I can't remember the story so much as the incredible visuals - a hovering Pyramid over Paris - and that's probably what attracted Benoit Sokal.
Posted By: nickie

Re: A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams - 08/16/08 05:38 AM

Thanks honeycomb. Ascovel, thanks too - the movie was like that as well. Because of the mature content, I didn't think they would make the game like the movie, but have been very curious about what they would do with it.
Posted By: Ascovel

Re: A Conversation with Nikopol Developer Michel Bams - 08/16/08 10:09 AM

Originally Posted By: nickie
Because of the mature content, I didn't think they would make the game like the movie, but have been very curious about what they would do with it.

If you are thinking about the sex scenes, I can tell you that the character of Jill (the woman with blue hair) didn't appear in the graphic novels until the second one (the movie compressed two stories into one). So probably the game designers won't have to worry about such things too much... until they start working on the second game.

Originally Posted By: honeycomb
I've only seen the movie. Looks like the screenshots are in the same Art Deco style. I can't remember the story so much as the incredible visuals - a hovering Pyramid over Paris - and that's probably what attracted Benoit Sokal.

Bilal is a legend of french-language graphic novel, much much bigger than Sokal ever will be. So I guess that's the main attraction of making the game.grin Also, I've read in some interview with Sokal that they're pals and Bilal was looking for means to make a game, so he went straight to Sokal.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community