GB HOMEPAGE

Perry Rhodan

Posted By: Laurette

Perry Rhodan - 08/20/08 11:01 PM

I just got an unpleasant surprise. I had played Perry Rhodan: Myth of the Illochim. Then, since I enjoyed it, saw Perry Rhodan: Immortals of Terra. Silly me, I thought it was a different game! Why do they do this? I took off all the cellaphane (sp?) paper and don't believe I can return it. I'd appreciate any input on this. I should have checked first, but didn't expect this. thanks for any input.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Perry Rhodan - 08/20/08 11:39 PM

Laurette -- we've talked about this on the forum before. I don't know what the answer is, except to post a question as to whether they are the same game before you buy. frown

But then, that takes away the entertainment of the impulse buy.

I feel your pain!
Posted By: mission

Re: Perry Rhodan - 08/20/08 11:39 PM

Perry Rhodan: Immortals of Terra -> Released in US/Canada

Perry Rhodan: Myth of the Illochim -> Released in UK

You can give it a shot to see if they accept your return. Bring both copies of Perry Rhodan just to show that it was a genuine mistake smile
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Perry Rhodan - 08/21/08 02:10 AM

I ordered the games online, so can't bring them in. I'll just have to be more thorough before I order again. Thanks.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Perry Rhodan - 08/21/08 02:58 AM

Hi, Laurette

So sorry this happened to you...From now on please check in at Game boomers for the title changes before you buy a game...

Some games start out with different titles from other countries..Then the USA publisher decides to change it... duh
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Perry Rhodan - 08/21/08 08:29 AM

Hi Laurette,been there and done that myself oopsmaybe you could try selling it in the Trading Forum. wave
Posted By: Tyke

Re: Perry Rhodan - 08/22/08 05:09 PM

Hi, I'm confused headscratch

I found this on Play.com here in the UK...This is called Rhodan: The Adventure...are they all the same game? eek

Rhodan:
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Perry Rhodan - 08/22/08 07:28 PM

Hi Tyke, I bought Perry Rhodan from Play.com & it was called Myth of the Illochim. I've looked at your link & on reading the description of the game it does seem to be exactly the same game. Maybe it's a newer version as I think many poeple had problems playing the game??? smile
Posted By: Becky

Re: Perry Rhodan - 08/22/08 11:38 PM

Just Rhodan: The Adventure? So now the game has three different titles?

The description in the link sounds exactly the same as Perry Rhodan: The Immortals of Terra and Perry Rhodan: Myth of the Illochim.
Posted By: Taurnil

Re: Perry Rhodan - 08/23/08 04:27 AM

What a mess hardwall
Posted By: Tyke

Re: Perry Rhodan - 08/23/08 12:50 PM

Thanks for clearing that up for me, Chrissie and Becky thanks
Better to be wise before I buy lol
© 2024 GameBoomers Community