GB HOMEPAGE

Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Update 9-19-08 -- WEBSITE GOES LIVE

Posted By: Becky

Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Update 9-19-08 -- WEBSITE GOES LIVE - 09/10/08 02:25 PM

The Hardy Boys are About to Arrive...

Game Overview:

Quote:
In The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft, the vault of the Spencer Mansion is robbed, and the Bayport Police call on the Hardy Boys to help tie up some loose ends, but they soon find themselves in the middle of a major criminal investigation that takes them on an adventure all over Bayport, and even into New York City. But the pieces don’t add up, and Frank and Joe find themselves embroiled in a drama of sinister proportions. Is the recent theft linked to something from the past? Can Frank and Joe find and decipher the clues in time to prevent another crime from happening?

For new screenshots from the game, click here.

Features:

Quote:
· Celebrity Voice Talent – Jesse McCartney and Cody Linley lend their voices and likenesses to Frank and Joe Hardy, respectively;

· Play as Two of History’s Most Famous Literary Detectives and interact with Fenton and Laura Hardy, the Hardy Boys’ friend Chet Morton and others;

· Experience the Hardys’ World on your PC – the literary world of the Hardy’s is brought to life! Check out the Hardy Home, Bayport Police Station and the various places most have only experienced through the pages of a book;

· Cell Phone Feature – use your cell phone to give pal Nancy Drew and other characters a call and get insight on the case;

· Search For Clues – super-sleuth your way to solving the small mysteries along the way as you help the Bayport Police catch the culprit;

· Mystery Solving Mini-Games – each mini-game solved throughout the investigation gives players valuable pieces of evidence to help solve the case;

· Choose Your Dialogue – choose from a variety of responses to make your Hardy Boys’ experience your own!

About The Hardy Boys

Quote:
One of literature’s most beloved juvenile series, The Hardy Boys is the longest running book series of all-time, spanning more than 80 years. To date, The Hardy Boys series has sold more than 100 million copies and the new Undercover Brothers series launched in 2005 has already sold more than 1 million copies. Popularity remains strong for America’s first crime scene investigators as Tom Cruise and Ben Stiller are scheduled to star in a major motion picture in 2009, while a live action online interactive movie game, a line of posters, magnets and cards as well as a series of comic books and graphic novels are slated throughout 2008 and 2009.

Ben Stiller and Tom Cruise as the Hardy Boys???

The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft will release September 23rd, 2008 in North America. The platform: Windows. Suggested Retail Price: $19.99. Rating: ‘E10+’ for Everyone 10+

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/10/08 02:56 PM

Yippee! I have my hopes up for a sluething good time!

Btw...Dave has been notified and I am waiting for him to let me know when preorders will be ready. grin

Ana wave
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/10/08 03:48 PM

Hi, Becky!

Thanks for the info. If the game isn't available here in Canada, I'll order from InteractCD.

For those who may be interested, I used to watch the soap "All My Children", and Jesse McCartney played Adam Chandler, Jr. for about 3 years in the late '90s.

Susan
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/10/08 04:02 PM

Looks great, marvellous graphics, thanks Becky thumbsup monky

Bernie monky
Posted By: GBC

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/10/08 04:11 PM

yay Great news. I've been wanting to get my hands on this. I'm curious to see if it's going to be like the Nancy Drew series. Screenshots look good.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/10/08 04:46 PM

Thanks, Becky! Looks very interesting.
Posted By: dorish

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/10/08 07:31 PM

Hi, I pre ordered mine from EB Games. The date given was October.
Posted By: kjos

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/12/08 12:19 AM

Just pre ordered mine from Dave. 9/30 is the date,but might change. Thanks
Richard
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/12/08 10:30 AM

Only a couple weeks to go before it's released!
Posted By: Fobeus

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/12/08 10:33 AM

Looking at the new screenshots it seems to be 3rd person point & click game.

I wonder if you have to pick one and the other one follows or maybe you can switch it around in-game. Guess we'll have to wait for a gameplay trailer or demo to find out.

ps. Can anybody open www.hardyboysgame.com ? I can't seem to access it.

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/12/08 12:44 PM

Hi Fobeus -- Dreamcatcher/The Adventure Company has been having server problems for a couple of weeks now. I'm assuming the Hardy Boys site problem is part of that. frown
Posted By: PMcOuntry

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/13/08 02:32 AM

Can also be pre-ordered from Amazon for anyone who likes to purchase there.
Posted By: Fobeus

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/13/08 07:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Becky
Hi Fobeus -- Dreamcatcher/The Adventure Company has been having server problems for a couple of weeks now. I'm assuming the Hardy Boys site problem is part of that. frown

Thanks for the info, Becky. I can't believe they haven't sort that out yet.

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/13/08 08:42 AM

It does seem like a long time to still be having problems. frown
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/14/08 02:14 AM

Thanks Becky, the screenshots look great but as mentioned it would also be great if we had screenshots or demo from the gameplay. We'll have to wait for TAC to come back online for that. Thanks again:

Spyros.
Posted By: Leeana

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/14/08 12:36 PM

Becky Thank You for all the wonderful chock-full of Information you always give us ...I truly love reading about them, before I buy ... This my Dear looks like something I definitly would be interested in Thank You smile

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/14/08 01:19 PM

Thanks! thumbsup It's a good season for adventure games. grin
Posted By: OP

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/14/08 05:20 PM

I've been looking forward to this game for a while.

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/17/08 10:42 PM

There's a new trailer here.

Thanks Chief!
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/18/08 10:12 AM

"No site entries found for filefront.com:80"

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/18/08 11:25 AM

Guybrush -- I just tried it and didn't have any trouble. headscratch
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/18/08 03:13 PM

Nancy Drew guest star??? Will i actually see her face???? lol

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/18/08 04:20 PM

You will. grin
Posted By: catsmom

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/18/08 04:34 PM

I wonder if Nancy Drew will have the same voice as Herinteracts?
Posted By: Salar of Myst

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/18/08 08:39 PM

Are these the same Hardy brothers voices we got used to in the Nancy Drew games?

Susan in Va

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/18/08 09:16 PM

Hi Susan -- no, different voices.
Posted By: Salar of Myst

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Releasing September 23, 2008 - 09/18/08 09:34 PM

okay, thanks for telling me. The new guys will have a lot to live up to wink
Posted By: Carla

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Update 9-19-08 -- official site opened - 09/19/08 01:17 PM

Lots of news today, looks like we will be very busy soon (and a bit poorer, I guess! lol)

The Hardy Boys site just opened HERE

happydance
Posted By: anne2

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Update 9-19-08 -- official site opened - 09/19/08 01:29 PM

Thanks for the update Carla, do we know if it's 1st or 3rd person yet evil

wave

Don't worry found it, 3rd person happydance

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Update 9-19-08 -- official site opened - 09/19/08 01:35 PM

I like the music. It reminds me of the music in the Agatha Christie games. Thanks Carla!
Posted By: Carla

Re: Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft -- Update 9-19-08 -- WEBSITE GOES LIVE - 09/19/08 02:45 PM

On the site there is a trailer where I think you can see Nancy Drew's face, at last! lol
© 2024 GameBoomers Community