GB HOMEPAGE

The Lost Crown..oh my!

Posted By: gamenut

The Lost Crown..oh my! - 09/28/08 07:57 PM

Just finished this game several days ago and my brain is Still trying to make sense of it!!! What a twisty, turny game. What's real, what's not...who's real, who's not.....am i real?(hahaha). This game has left me with lots of questions!! oh boy am i confused! i hope there is another game coming to answer them(and soon!). Loved the graphics, enjoyed the atmosphere..and parts of storyline? I really enjoyed the black and white treatment and now and then adding small touches of color. interesting. I think my worst ''problem'' is that throughout i kept feeling i had missed something very important...sort of puts you off balance..i did read the back posts on the game..they were interesting and give you much to think about!! I enjoyed this game..yes-left me with a bit of confusion and questions but am hoping another game will answer those! Absolutely wonderful sound(all Mr. Boake's games have the most fantastic sound!!! helps so much in creating the atmosphere!), great graphics, lots of roaming around..AND ran great!
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: The Lost Crown..oh my! - 09/28/08 08:14 PM

I feel the same way MONTHS after playing it! I've saved a replaying for later this year (along with Culpa Innata), Lost Crown to scare the wits out of myself on some cold winter night by using headphones this time. I had and have some weird ideas about stuff that was going on there in that village. I refuse to ever sell any of Jonathan Boakes' games. Dark Fall 1 is due for a replaying soon. Just reading your post has me all excited. It really does something to a gamer to read about another gamer's enjoyment of a game they both liked. Thank you for writing and stirring things up. I liked the eerie music, too.
Posted By: gameho

Re: The Lost Crown..oh my! - 09/29/08 02:17 AM

I really enjoyed Lost Crown also, however, I guess I need to reload the Dark Fall games. They seem to "Myst"ie to me. I didn't like the Myst type games. I liked that in the Lost Crown I could talk to people. To be fair, it has been a few years since I loaded the Dark Fall games up and I should try them again. Don't forget to play Belief & Betrayal and Sinking Island!
Posted By: Jalex

Re: The Lost Crown..oh my! - 09/29/08 03:44 PM

I thought it was a great game too. All the ghost hunting was definatly the most accurate I have seen anywhere. I have seen in real life, where the ghosts were concerned almost everything that was in this game so it was special to me. They are something that a person never believes until he/she sees one with there own eyes.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: The Lost Crown..oh my! - 09/30/08 04:48 AM

If you've seen Ghost Hunters on dish they use similar instruments (along with some new ones like FLIR) The game was scarier than the live show! While I was waiting for the game to come out I started replaying some of his other games (Dark Fall 2 and Barrow Hill).
Posted By: robedits

Re: The Lost Crown..oh my! - 10/01/08 12:12 AM

Agreed with your assesment!
One of the best adventure games I have ever played,for so many reasons. If not THE best game.
Only thing I would have liked would have been unlimited saves,instead of having to make multiple folders to store my saved games in once I ran out of Saved game space. There are so many areas and points in the game I like to revisit (sometimes while paying bills at my desk! Just to have the beauty of the scenery running in the background,you know?);it got so I wound up having to replace my "next round" of saved games to recall the scenes. Hopefully Jonathan won't do that anymore!...
Your games are wonderful,Jonathan! ALL of them...just,please...unlimited saves would have given LC an "11 out of 10" :-)
Posted By: macmac

Re: The Lost Crown..oh my! - 10/02/08 12:55 PM

If you want to see "The Lost Crown" taken to another level, I highly recommend "Outcry". I found some uncanny resemblances, and even a few direct links between the two games, such as identical paintings hanging on a wall. Has anyone else noticed these "coincidences"? Maybe start a new thread to list them?

Re: The Lost Crown..oh my! - 10/02/08 05:12 PM

I don't put Outcry on my list to buy because I thought it might be a little too much like Overclocked and I didn't really care for that story but it was a good game.
Posted By: JennyP

Re: The Lost Crown..oh my! - 10/03/08 11:50 AM

Ooh, I loved Lost Crown & Outcry is in my to play pile. I was going to play Rhiannon next, now in a muddle
Posted By: o1alien

Re: The Lost Crown..oh my! - 10/05/08 08:24 PM

Is Outcry in the stores now in the US? I see MaG wrote a WT in September for it. Thank you, Eileen
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Lost Crown..oh my! - 10/05/08 08:58 PM

Yes it is out in stores Eileen. You can order from Interact or pick up at Gamestop etc.

Ana wave
Posted By: Taurnil

Re: The Lost Crown..oh my! - 10/20/08 08:48 PM

I finally ended it today and I am really satisfied! Especially the ambient sounds were out of this world, the story was great and the atmosphere one of the spookiest ones! Of course I have unanswered questions too so I hope a Lost Crown 2 will be released in order to answer the questions! Nice work, indeed!
Posted By: chrissie

Re: The Lost Crown..oh my! - 10/20/08 09:12 PM

Hi, to all the people that played this game I would agree that playing it was a good experience.

But does it not annoy you that there is no clarication of plot at all? I'm sorry I just felt so let down at the end - what is going on? There have been a lot of theories but for me there needs to have been more clues within the game to have made sense of it from a story point of view. Just MO! smile
Posted By: gamenut

Re: The Lost Crown..oh my! - 10/23/08 02:31 PM

Chrissie....i wasn't so much let down as puzzled by the ending..but i am like you and, seems like a lot of others-more full of questions!! If it is to be a 'series' or 'serial' type game it would have been nice if it had been mentioned in the game info beforehand. I finished the game several weeks ago and every now and then i still find myself wondering about it! I just hope that if there is to be a follow up it comes out soon or at least more information if there is a possible follow up to Lost Crown...not quite nice to leave people 'hanging'. I also enjoyed the Loath Nolder game but it is another that sort of leaves you hanging w/questions-however-it was announced that it would be part of a series/serial...so you were somewhat prepared. I don't want there to be any mistake...i did thoroughly enjoy playing Lost Crown but NOT enjoying all the questions it left me with 'cause makes me keep Puzzling!!

Re: The Lost Crown..oh my! - 10/25/08 04:12 PM

I don't want to say much about the ending but I thought it closed fine. I played it three times so maybe my mind filled in all the missing details. LOL I thought he accomplished what he went there to do and gained somethng unexpected as well.
Posted By: bawdy

Re: The Lost Crown..oh my! - 10/27/08 11:13 PM

Another Lost Crown fan here. It exceeded my expectations. I hope there are sequels to follow.
Posted By: Salar of Myst

Re: The Lost Crown..oh my! - 10/27/08 11:50 PM

I had planned to play Scratches next, but I think maybe Lost Crown may have to move up in my queue after reading all this! Been looking forward to playing it a long time, as we loved the Darkfall games. I was ssoooo tickled when we finally saw a copy in BestBuy a couple of weeks ago and I got to buy it happydance

Susan wave

Posted By: bawdy

Re: The Lost Crown..oh my! - 10/27/08 11:55 PM

Scratches was also a great experience. You should enjoy both if you liked the Darkfall games.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community