GB HOMEPAGE

Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy Terrifies North America UPDATE: 10-18-08 NEW DEMO

Posted By: Becky

Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy Terrifies North America UPDATE: 10-18-08 NEW DEMO - 10/09/08 03:59 PM

Her Interactive has officially released Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy, and the game is reaching store shelves in the next few days.

Quote:
It’s leprechauns, banshees and a healthy dose of Irish folklore as Her Interactive Inc., the developer and publisher of the award winning Nancy Drew® PC series, today announced that Nancy Drew®: The Haunting of Castle Malloy is now available in stores across North America, online and via digital download. The 19th installment in the best-selling, award-winning PC franchise, Nancy Drew®: The Haunting of Castle Malloy has Nancy traveling overseas to Ireland where she must find the missing groom to save her friend’s wedding before time runs out.

“Her Interactive is a pioneer in successfully developing games that appeal to female players, and that expertise is acknowledged by our continual top 10 sales success,” said Megan Gaiser, president and CEO of Her Interactive. “With the female market for video games exploding in size and significance, our demonstrated understanding of what this audience wants should serve us well, and we are pleased to be shipping Nancy Drew®: The Haunting of Castle Malloy.”

As Nancy Drew, players arrive in Ireland at Castle Malloy for what should be a joyous occasion – the wedding of Nancy’s friend. However, things go awry when the groom goes missing and rumors swirl that a banshee haunting the castle may have taken him. It could be a case of cold feet, but all signs point to something far more sinister. Luckily for the bride - Nancy Drew is on the case!

The bride expects Ms. Drew to take on either a banshee or a reluctant groom? (Not sure which would be more difficult.)

For screenshots from the game, click here.

Quote:
A classic spine-tingler, Nancy Drew®: The Haunting of Castle Malloy includes the great clue-driven game play and compelling storyline that has propelled the series to best-seller status. As players investigate the castle and dig deeper into a family’s past, they will need to master a slew of challenging, wedding-themed mini-games, including creating seating charts, arranging flower bouquets, and printing programs for the ceremony.

Depending on age and skill level, players can elect to play as a Junior or Senior Detective and automatic save locations allow players to continue the level without having to start the game from the beginning.

Nancy Drew®: The Haunting of Castle Malloy is rated "E" for Everyone. It's now available for purchase at retail or online, or via digital download for a suggested price of $19.99. To find out more, visit the Her Interactive website.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy Terrifies Store Clerks in North America - 10/09/08 05:17 PM

Thanks, Becky

Now this is my kind of game...Very spooky screenshots scared
Posted By: aln

Re: Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy Terrifies Store Clerks in North America - 10/09/08 09:30 PM

I'm so happy there is a new Nancy Drew out, though I still haven't played Venice. smile I hope they keep making them without many changes because they are my favorite games.
Posted By: PhantomJ

Re: Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy Terrifies Store Clerks in North America - 10/10/08 01:01 PM

I just finished the game on Tuesday--I hope y'all enjoy it.

smile
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy Terrifies Store Clerks in North America - 10/11/08 03:18 AM

Mine's on the way from Interact--can't wait to play it!!

Cat, now waiting for Nancy, Everlight and Lord-knows what else! LOL
Posted By: Leeana

Re: Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy Terrifies Store Clerks in North America - 10/11/08 11:52 AM

me too! Cant wait ... at least I know it will will...
1. Install right
2. have chock-full of puzzles
3. make me laugh now and then
4. make me feel like the 10 yr old that supposely can play the game and lastely...
5. get to see at the end where ((and I do mean where)) in the world Nancy Drew Is ......aaaahhh now the Nancy Drew games is all me... put me on an island and keep sendind me nan's games and Im fine smile
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy Terrifies Store Clerks in North America - 10/13/08 04:12 AM

Thanks Becky
Posted By: tigger

Re: Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy Terrifies Store Clerks in North America - 10/13/08 07:10 PM

mmm hopefully it will be available over here soon smile
Posted By: katie304

Re: Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy Terrifies Store Clerks in North America - 10/13/08 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: tigger

Tigger - do as I did and buy the digital download. At $19.99 it works out about £13 (I think) - much cheaper than in the shops they will sell it here in England whenever that will be. I've got a 4MB connection and it only took 30 minutes to download. Now all I need to do is install it and play it!

Kt.
Posted By: GEES

Re: Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy Terrifies Store Clerks in North America - 10/14/08 03:52 PM

Becky:
Have purchased the game at Best Buy and have played quit a bit of it. It is one of the better games. I think they have taken a lot of the puzzles from past games and revised them. You have the ring puzzles, of course, a slider, and the usual find the pieces to complete this puzzle. So far I love it. You have a fortune teller (which you need tokens for). You don't cook breakfast, lunch, or dinner...but you mix drinks in the local tavern. It will get you some tips...tips as in money. So far I love the game and from what I have read there are no timed puzzles. Works for me!!! Just thought I'd give my opinion as I am a great Nancy Drew fan and have complained about a few of the games. This one is great!!!

Re: Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy Terrifies Store Clerks in North America - 10/14/08 04:16 PM

Thanks GEES!
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy Terrifies Store Clerks in North America - 10/14/08 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: tigger

Tig, Amazon UK are now shipping the game, I just received e-mail confirmation. happydance
Posted By: Celtic Lark

Re: Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy Terrifies Store Clerks in North America - 10/14/08 09:02 PM

Got my copy from Best Buy last night and started it up. Had some trouble getting it to load (posted about that in the Glitches forum) but it worked out in the end. I didn't get very far because a friend called and we talked until bedtime but from what I saw, it looks like a good one!! grin

Re: Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy Terrifies Store Clerks in North America - 10/18/08 03:46 PM

There is now a Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy playable demo at the Her Interactive website here. (You'll find the demo link under the two trailer links and the link to the Bodhran mini-game.) Enjoy the terror. evil

Thanks Chief!
Posted By: Salar of Myst

Re: Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy Terrifies Store Clerks in North America - 10/18/08 05:51 PM

I'm a couple of ND behind, but I look forward to playing Castle malloy when I get the chance!

Love mysteries in castles!

Susan wave
Posted By: marie

Re: Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy Terrifies Store Clerks in North America - 10/20/08 08:25 PM

I just finished playing Castle Malloy the demo. I just love old castles also and had a great time playing the game. I've seen it on Big Fish Games and I know that where I'll be getting mine. bravo
© 2024 GameBoomers Community