GB HOMEPAGE

Gaming Time Of Day~~~

Posted By: Darleen03

Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 12:11 AM

Hi, Boomers

With all the hustle & bustle in life...We do find time to play our adventure games...

My question is: What time of day or nite is the best time for you & why?...

My gaming time is almost always late at nite...

Thanks for your replys
Happy Gaming happydance
Posted By: gameho

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 12:14 AM

Mine is at night too. I can see the games better and everyone else in the family is occupied with their own things to do.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 12:23 AM

Unless it's my days off, my gaming is always done in the evening. My days off are Sunday and Monday, so Saturday night equates to my "Friday night" celebration--when I kick back, relax, get into a game, and can stay up as late as I want. happydance wave
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 12:55 AM

I'm an evening/night gamer too.
In fact, I'm almost at the end of So Blonde and it's nearly 3 AM here and I have to get up in 3½ hour!! laugh
So, I better say nite ya all. lol
Posted By: Retired at last

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 01:03 AM

Whenever the mood hits me.
I've even woken up in the middle of the night after dreaming about a puzzle that I couldn't solve - got up, powered up, solved the puzzle and went back to a peaceful and restful sleep.
Games are better than sleeping pills lol
wave
Posted By: Duskao

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 02:12 AM

Generally it's in the deep night (2am - 4am) cause I do funky shifts, but sometimes it's before work as well. But mostly it's my days off (I work 3 days on 3 days off, 6 day work week).
Posted By: kiraalt

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 02:36 AM

I like to play fairly early in the morning (5-7am - ish) when I can. Yes, I am one of those annoying morning people. But I find that is when my mind is freshest and I can sit there and play while I drink coffee.
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 06:43 AM

Late at night .Some times in middle of the night if I am lying there thinking of a puzzal and the answer dawns on me or cant sleep .In the day when my daughter is at the day centre and I have nt to much to do .Early in the morning when every one is asleep to lol wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 08:18 AM

I get up early (around 4AM) and I find that is my best gaming time. It's still dark out and all is quiet to enjoy my games with a nice hot cup of coffee!
Posted By: connie

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 10:02 AM

Early in the morning and then all day if I don't go shopping.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 11:06 AM

Hi smile

As a "retired" person I can play whenever the mood takes me - and that is "often" !! lol

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 11:33 AM

I will now think of all of you gaming through the dark hours of the night and early morning. lol
Posted By: Mary

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 12:47 PM

The only real chance I get to play is for an hour or so in the evening. Hubby has this annoying habit of wanting to sit in the same room as I play games and watch TV. There are THREE other TVs in the house, but he's got to sit where I am. frown Then tells me to turn down the sound on the game. Anyhow...

I can barely find my way to the kitchen in the morning to make my coffee. The thought of playing ANY kind of game very early in the morning is out of the question for me! lol
Posted By: Becky

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 12:59 PM

Mary -- headphones. grin (I game in the same room with the TV going all the time.)
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 01:07 PM

Ditto here. grin I wouldn't have it any other way.

Ana wave
Posted By: colpet

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 01:17 PM

Anytime I have more than 3 hours available. I need the longer time to 'get into' the game. For now, that means I'm limited to playing weekends and holidays. I do prefer to play in a darkened room, not much of a problem where I live, since we have less and less daylight hours over the next few months, but I have a blackout blind on the window just in case.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 01:25 PM

Anytime...Anywhere... I play when I can amd I prefer night time.
Posted By: flutist

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 01:39 PM

We play our adventure games together, mostly in the evening but sometimes on a Sat. or Sun., during the afternoon for awhile. Any other games that I play are any time I have the time.

Bets
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 03:20 PM

After coffee and emails in the AM, in between taking care of puppy or one of the 2 cats, or having to stop to eat, sleep, crochet, shop, clubs (genealogy and computer), church and church events, and whatever else we have to take care of. I play whenever I can and the mood hits me and so far am lucky I can remember what I was doing in the game and where I stopped - but then I only play one game at a time and have a very nice stack of new games waiting for me - I tend to stay out of trouble cause I'm always busy with my games, or doing something constructive - hate to do housework tho, wish it would do itself as I sleep lol
Love, Betty Lou
Posted By: orchid girl

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 03:22 PM

I play in the afternoon usually, and sometimes early evening if I am really immersed in the game. I use headphones too, just wish they drowned out hubby's music insane Not about to splurge on expensive headphones, rather buy another game.
Use my DS if I wake up during the night or early morning as I can play in bed.
As I am retired I can play when I want, but find my eyes get tired after a few hours lol
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 03:27 PM

Yea so much more gameing time if there was no house work to do lol wave Betty Lou you sound so like me lol wave
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 03:56 PM

Mostly at night and as long as my eyes can stand on weekends grin
I only hope i had more time....
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 05:05 PM

During the week it's evenings only, as I work full-time. At weekends it's whenever I get the time. Then, if I'm playing something particularly wonderful, I'll be up until the early hours with matchsticks propping my eyelids open. laugh
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 05:30 PM

I play at weekends & during days off if & when I can - I like to have a good few hours to get really stuck in! I'm usually too tired in the evenings & tend to play more casual games that don't need so much thinking about. smile
Posted By: Salar of Myst

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 07:10 PM

We play mostly at night and on cloudy weekends. I do get some free time on weekdays now and then, but my computer gets so much sun on it until late afternoon that I prefer to keep to practical stuff.

Susan wave
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 07:22 PM

WoW!!!!

So many of you game at nite like me..I use headphones also so I don't bother my sleeping family lol
Posted By: Koalanut

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/16/08 08:41 PM

I usually game late afternoon to late evening depending on what is going on. One reason I wanted a laptop was so I could be with the family while they watched tv and I could still game. Have the laptop now, but reading the posts here, I see headphones are in order. Probably make my family happier and me happier lol thanks

Koalanut
Posted By: bigmamma1

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/17/08 07:17 PM

waveI wait until I get all my real world things done(cleaning not a priority!)so by around 3PM it's time to check Gameboomers and get into a game. I like to have 2 or 3 hours at time to play. Sometimes if I'm really immersed in a game, I'll play in the evening.Right now, I have nothing installed-need to make a discision from my unplayed pile-all good ones think
Shall it be an adventure or action/RPG? Can't seem to decide-it would be easy if I just had 1 to choose from!
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/17/08 10:07 PM

I mostly play when I have a free afternoon. Can't play on nights or weekends--hubby is around--and I have things to do. I try to get a few things done in the mornings and then game from 2 to 4--but that doesn't happen every day puppy
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Gaming Time Of Day~~~ - 10/18/08 04:27 AM

I am retired so I can usually play a game anytime. But I prefer to play at night
© 2024 GameBoomers Community